Laurie Kynaston to play Johnny Marr in "Steven"

Links posted by tyronepowebottom (original post):

38703_laurie_kynaston.jpg

Never taking this t-shirt off. Thank you to my incredible make up artist Laura Hartney who I just worked with on the film STEVEN. I got to play Johnny Marr. It was f***in awesome.

Last edited:
That could go well just Juding by the look of him. Did marr have flat hair or high hair durring those days. Never seen him in anything myself

I am still in shock and I am now realizing that there is going to be two films about the Smiths, this one and "Shoplifter of the World Unite" they are really happening! I cannot wait!! oh yes, we will be there for both.
He is a perfect Marr at 15.

Johnny rocked both the mod/Paul Weller straight cut and fuller cuts. This lad could be okay as young Marr.
12531-4dfb38a52e18035673e6419dc315f26e.jpg

The fact he is wearing that t-shirt with that stupid f word says it all for me really. I doubt if he gets even 1% of what Johnny Marr and The Smiths stood for and mean to people. The lunatics have taken over the asylum. I have less than zero interest in seeing the film in a cinema. I'll catch it on TV in a few years.

The fact he is wearing that t-shirt with that stupid f word says it all for me really. I doubt if he gets even 1% of what Johnny Marr and The Smiths stood for and mean to people. The lunatics have taken over the asylum. I have less than zero interest in seeing the film in a cinema. I'll catch it on TV in a few years.

"Johnny f***in Marr" is Johnny Marr's thing you know. Doesn't make it good but it's not the kids fault.

A film still in the creative process, it's hard to imagine where this is coming from, where it is going and how it will end up. Still I pray...

Johnny rocked both the mod/Paul Weller straight cut and fuller cuts. This lad could be okay as young Marr.
12531-4dfb38a52e18035673e6419dc315f26e.jpg

I remember the Brian jones kinda cut but I'm sure he probably styled his hair in a bunch of ways at fifteen. Morrissey always looked a bit older or really marr always looked kinda younger. Morrisseys more stout while marr was a stick figure

Does anyone besides me find it ironic that the actor playing Morrissey is straight but the actor playing marr is gay :lbf:

Not that looks is everything, but this guy looks spot on as a young Johnny, whilst the guy playing Morrissey looks nothing like him.

i have been working in Manchester while this filming has been going on. I'm as confused as anyone as to why Maher gets a role in a film about the teenage Morrissey. Morrissey was 23 in 1982. M & M didnt meet until then.....yes? Maher's hair was shoulder length like Morrissey's in the 70s. Oh, what am i wittering on about.......i don't care......i'm 43 for goodness sake.......

Tags
england is mine movie

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom