Launch of the Moz Supreme T-Shirt video - Emily Oberg of Complex news interviews customers

"Why are you waiting here?"
"For the Morrissey Tee"
"You like Morrissey?"
"I don't even know who that is"

Pretty much all of this is rabid consumerist nonsense, and will depress Supreme and Morrissey in equal measure.

P.S - look how much they are going for on Ebay, and people are bidding them up

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kS-AnD3bQtQ

Media:

Related item:

Last edited by a moderator:
The fact that these t-shirts are sold out and being traded at ridiculously high prices is not surprising at all, just about every t-shirt Supreme releases follows this exact same pattern.

What remains unknown is Morrissey's justification for this awful association.
He has already stated that money was not the motivation, so if it wasn't money, what exactly was it?

Skater brands are none of your business.
World peace is none of our business.

This is simultaneously bizarre, banal, dumb, and sad.

Kudos to the one kid who actually knew some Smiths songs, but was then cut off by Miss laughing gas interviewer.

And I second Irregular Regular's question above: We all know this Moz/Supreme tie-up went off the rails, but how did such a mismatched alliance get going in the first place? I know Moz once (still?) had some cachet among actual skaters, but...

But... Why are these t-shirts so popular?

Lou Reed was always a sellout. I still remember seeing his (ugly-looking) Honda scooter ad in Rolling Stone in the 80s. I actually gasped. It was cheesily photographed on some "wet night street", with that awful embalmer Annie Liebowitz (or some imitator).
Morrissey must truly be insane to go with Supreme, a supremely sad and douchebaggy scene. All the hypebeasts waiting on line at the Supreme store on Fairfax always look so self-hating and ashamed when they wait in line. I study them. They look like people waiting in line for a Transformers movie - self-hating and ashamed. I study them too. The mentality of these vacant consumerists is very much "part of the problem".
Morrissey should have gone full force into some really high end vegan footwear with the likes of Stella McCartney. I contend he would have made good money, if he actually c0-owned the shoe and sold it independently with her skill for the market. As it is, I found an incredible vegan suede desert boot from another entrepreneur that I will be buying soon.
He needs to get his hair sorted too. He's got the money. Go into hiding again and get the quiff back.
He's becoming a bit trashy with his opportunism and crap image. David Bowie's immaculate death ritual only heightens the general crappiness of the current moment.

Re: Launch of the Moz Supreme T-Shirt - Emily Oberg of Complex news interviews customers

I endorse everything about this post.

Welcome to America, this country is weird and getting weirdo..hello President Trump

Land of the free and kids with too much of their parents money

To the hyper-Moz fans thumbing their nose at the kids waiting in line for a t-shirt, you're walking a fine line. I salute the kid who DID HIS RESEARCH and looked up Morrissey before waiting in line. Morrissey's TTY statement and "fight" against Supreme over something so banal as his image speaks to the fact that Morrissey failed to do his research and understand the demand for his image on a Supreme shirt which is an UNTAPPED MARKET for future sales and fanbase. Now all the Supreme people are familiar with him. Do you understand how huge that is? But now that Morrissey is bitchfesting with THEIR brand, the opportunity is shot once they get wind of it. I've never witnessed anyone with less lack of foresight than Morrissey, he needs to calm the f*** down.

To the hyper-Moz fans thumbing their nose at the kids waiting in line for a t-shirt, you're walking a fine line. I salute the kid who DID HIS RESEARCH and looked up Morrissey before waiting in line. Morrissey's TTY statement and "fight" against Supreme over something so banal as his image speaks to the fact that Morrissey failed to do his research and understand the demand for his image on a Supreme shirt which is an UNTAPPED MARKET for future sales and fanbase. Now all the Supreme people are familiar with him. Do you understand how huge that is? But now that Morrissey is bitchfesting with THEIR brand, the opportunity is shot once they get wind of it. I've never witnessed anyone with less lack of foresight than Morrissey, he needs to calm the f*** down.

I completely understand your point, CG, but on the other hand, I employ a 'skater dude' who now thinks Moz is punk as hell BECAUSE of his bitchfesting. (Yes, I question his assessment of what exactly constitutes 'punk', but that discussion is for another day.) Anyway, for the first time in the 3 years he's been with me, he REQUESTED I put on some Morrissey this morning AND encouraged Moz-centric convo. I'm so used to his Smiths/Moz-induced eyeball rolling, his sudden interest is kinda hilarious.

I'd never even heard of Supreme until this happened. Or just never paid attention.

I completely understand your point, CG, but on the other hand, I employ a 'skater dude' who now thinks Moz is punk as hell BECAUSE of his bitchfesting. (Yes, I question his assessment of what exactly constitutes 'punk', but that discussion is for another day.) Anyway, for the first time in the 3 years he's been with me, he REQUESTED I put on some Morrissey this morning AND encouraged Moz-centric convo. I'm so used to his Smiths/Moz-induced eyeball rolling, his sudden interest is kinda hilarious.

a lot of young americans in this category think this of moz. they dont wanna hear about someone making a career in music and how hes so smart in defending it managing it. thats a very brittish perspective i think and can easily be seen i think of one of them main factors that killed the spirit of brit pop. harris makes this the central point in his book on the subject which is a very good read

note taken: queens are officially punk now

Yeah, I find this hard to believe. But total A for effort in trying to sound like a business owner who employs young hip kids who happen to be current on the dealings at the all-but-dead TTY. You should've added some emojis for realistic "youthful" flare.

what?! you kidding me? Without Moz,Supreme wouldn't even have a career in a old town to stand on.They came begging 'dude,dude,please',crawling on their knee pads for just one snap of his beautiful mug ... just so the company could be saved!

You are hilarious, Morrissey.

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom