Launch of the Moz Supreme T-Shirt video - Emily Oberg of Complex news interviews customers

"Why are you waiting here?"
"For the Morrissey Tee"
"You like Morrissey?"
"I don't even know who that is"

Pretty much all of this is rabid consumerist nonsense, and will depress Supreme and Morrissey in equal measure.

P.S - look how much they are going for on Ebay, and people are bidding them up

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kS-AnD3bQtQ

Media:

Related item:

Last edited by a moderator:
How many people wearing Ramones-T-shirts could name 3 of their songs?

When I was much younger I had an Echo and the Bunnymen T-shirt with the band on the cover in silhouette and the lead singer wearing a large pair of bunny ears. I could name a bunch of their songs, but I couldn't name a one of the band members. Still can't actually. That is terrible, but honestly it never really mattered to me and I thought the T-shirt looked cool. Fashion...turn to the left...something similar to this one I believe.

84805.jpg

Whuh whuh. That Perry Como looking muthaf***a thinkin HARD on that Supreme t-shirt's gonna be slinging me up some HAM on E-Bay yall

When I was much younger I had an Echo and the Bunnymen T-shirt with the band on the cover in silhouette and the lead singer wearing a large pair of bunny ears. I could name a bunch of their songs, but I couldn't name a one of the band members. Still can't actually. That is terrible, but honestly it never really mattered to me and I thought the T-shirt looked cool. Fashion...turn to the left...something similar to this one I believe.

View attachment 35039

Agree, fashion/music sells, been going on for years. Liam Gallagher has caught onto this theory with his Pretty Green label. Apparently, he makes more from this than the Oasis back catalogue and they sold a shit load of product.

Re: Launch of the Moz Supreme T-Shirt - Emily Oberg of Complex news interviews customers

Supreme won't care, they're selling merchandise.

For the life of me I can't figure out why anyone would want to pay for any kind of product depicting a person you have zero knowledge of. For all these people know, the guy on their shirt could have publicly stated that he views the Chinese as a sub-species - or something like that.

Probably some of them are doing worldwide bussiness on ebay or they work for personal shoppers. Supreme makes limited editions of their products. I know a young man who has payed an irrational sum of money for a used skateboard. I didn't know they produced clothes until M photo. I'd like to have the pink T shirt :p

Re: Launch of the Moz Supreme T-Shirt - Emily Oberg of Complex news interviews customers

yes,especially when they don't know that he really meant those of the Chinese population that eat dogs, and not all Chinese people. But you and others here already knew that,didn't you ?

- - - Updated - - -

i don't find this surprising tho. I know of a lot of people who have no idea who Ramones is. Most of my family and relatives don't know who he is :(

You are taking the piss with the last comment, surely?

Well, Morrissey is right, that is a god awful photo. Looks like he has cancer, and "he" doesn't really look like Morrissey. The original cover to Malajusted was better. And I can't believe it, but Sam's photo actually was better.

- - - Updated - - -

Post of the year.

Wow you must have a low bar.

Agree, fashion/music sells, been going on for years. Liam Gallagher has caught onto this theory with his Pretty Green label. Apparently, he makes more from this than the Oasis back catalogue and they sold a shit load of product.

When it comes to Oasis I only know the Gallagher brothers. When I really think about it other than The Smiths the only bands that I know the names of all the band members would be Rush, Led Zeppelin, The Doors, U2... God I'm old. To me new music today doesn't lend itself for caring about the sum of the parts. Including the lawnmower parts that make up Morrissey's current band.

I think it's funny. I hope next time Moz plays the US all these fashion sheeple teens come out and disrupt the f*** out of the line, by queuing up all night just to raid the merch stall.

I remember seeing kids line up outside Supreme down the street from Canters a few years ago. It's a thing. Sorta bummed Morrissey burned a really cool bridge because of vanity, Supreme affiliation is like the top shelf liquor selection of the guerilla marketing advertising world. I think Print did a big ol glossy spread on their success a few years ago.

yes,especially when they don't know that he really meant those of the Chinese population that eat dogs, and not all Chinese people. But you and others here already knew that,didn't you ?

(

cdf.jpg

Just ordered mine on eBay! As a fan of Moz and of street wear I am thrilled to see this being released.

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom