Launch of the Moz Supreme T-Shirt video - Emily Oberg of Complex news interviews customers

"Why are you waiting here?"
"For the Morrissey Tee"
"You like Morrissey?"
"I don't even know who that is"

Pretty much all of this is rabid consumerist nonsense, and will depress Supreme and Morrissey in equal measure.

P.S - look how much they are going for on Ebay, and people are bidding them up

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kS-AnD3bQtQ

Media:

Related item:

Last edited by a moderator:
Re: Launch of the Moz Supreme T-Shirt - Emily Oberg of Complex news interviews customers

Supreme won't care, they're selling merchandise.

For the life of me I can't figure out why anyone would want to pay for any kind of product depicting a person you have zero knowledge of. For all these people know, the guy on their shirt could have publicly stated that he views the Chinese as a sub-species - or something like that.

Re: Launch of the Moz Supreme T-Shirt - Emily Oberg of Complex news interviews customers

For the life of me I can't figure out why anyone would want to pay for any kind of product depicting a person you have zero knowledge of. For all these people know, the guy on their shirt could have publicly stated that he views the Chinese as a sub-species - or something like that.

I endorse everything about this post.

i don't find this surprising tho. I know of a lot of people who have no idea who morrissey is. Most of my family and relatives don't know who he is :(

- - - Updated - - -

lol true

Well, Morrissey is right, that is a god awful photo. Looks like he has cancer, and "he" doesn't really look like Morrissey. The original cover to Malajusted was better. And I can't believe it, but Sam's photo actually was better.

- - - Updated - - -

Post of the year.

I'd never even heard of Supreme before the picture Sam took was posted on TTY.

As someone who has refused to sign autographs because of the hiked up prices people pay for the, on the secondary market, the thought of t-shirts bearing his image and SELLING - not just listed - on eBay for upwards of eighty quid, morrissey must be pretty pissed (as the Americans say) and no I don't mean drunk.

And the best part is that people are buying this stuff in their droves and at massive cost and without even knowing who he is!

The world is f***ed.

In the world view, I think we just got a taste of how popular supreme is and not morrissey. I laughed watching that video. So no matter how you cut it, whether it went morrisseys way or not, is this not a sell out thing for an artist of his stated goals to do. He said he did not need the money, so why do it. If the stage is his social media, why use supreme and their t shirt. Just wondering.

In the world view, I think we just got a taste of how popular supreme is and not morrissey. I laughed watching that video. So no matter how you cut it, whether it went morrisseys way or not, is this not a sell out thing for an artist of his stated goals to do. He said he did not need the money, so why do it. If the stage is his social media, why use supreme and their t shirt. Just wondering.

he probably liked the tradition of difficult artists and liked the thought of being associated involved and got a bit blinded by it. its a very poorly made shirt but the brand must be built on something. theyre a skate company right, ive not heard of them before this either, so maybe they make great decks and people just love the brand and want the shirt as a statement of that or something

but people still knew they were a band, unlike with moz who a lot of people have no idea who he is or what he does

I guess, but they maybe still don't know what they sang about. I mean, what if it was Skrewdriver instead of the Ramones that everybody knew was a band and wore their shirts...

I must not have paid enough attention to the original Supreme posts, I didn't realize that pic was going to be on a shirt. I thought it was just a marketing campaign to promote Supreme.

but people still knew they were a band, unlike with moz who a lot of people have no idea who he is or what he does

i bet theres a bunch of people walking around with cbgb on them that have not one idea of what its about or that it was a place. i think its got something to do with the ramones, theyre some band i think from the sixties

i don't find this surprising tho. I know of a lot of people who have no idea who morrissey is. Most of my family and relatives don't know who he is :(

It's not surprising that people don't know who he is. It's surprising that people will pay - what is it, something like $30? - for a shirt with someone they don't know on it. Granted, maybe some of these people are buying them to re-sell them online. But not all of them are.

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom