"Last Shop Standing" documentary forthcoming - Johnny Marr interview clip

Last edited:
Re: Article: "Last Shop Standing" documentary forthcoming - Johnny Marr interview cli

Johnny's love of vinal and cassettes stems from them being how he learnt to appreciate music. We could, quite easily, have a person in 20 years or so whose access to music has only ever really been through downloads and MP3s, and significantly, he/she could be there on stage or a music studio playing wonderful guitar riffs just like Johnny has been doing for 20 odd years. The experience may be different, and I agree with Marr when he talks about the beginning and end of the listening experience when listened to on vinal/cassette but we're just in a new mehtod of obtaining music and appreciating music; one can't be said to be objectively any better or worse than the other because of its tangible form, or absence of it. Doesn't Marr look good after all these years? Wow!

Thanks Johnny for great perspective! Hi-Fi gone Hi-Tech ? NO ! Nothing beats the physical copy of an artists work. Better sound quality for starts. & yes, there's a beginning and an end. The story of an album the way the artist intended. Too many signals, too many choises and their all # 1 hits? Hey Scottie.. Beam me up!

Re: Article: "Last Shop Standing" documentary forthcoming - Johnny Marr interview cli

Johnny's love of vinal and cassettes stems from them being how he learnt to appreciate music. We could, quite easily, have a person in 20 years or so whose access to music has only ever really been through downloads and MP3s, and significantly, he/she could be there on stage or a music studio playing wonderful guitar riffs just like Johnny has been doing for 20 odd years. The experience may be different, and I agree with Marr when he talks about the beginning and end of the listening experience when listened to on vinal/cassette but we're just in a new mehtod of obtaining music and appreciating music; one can't be said to be objectively any better or worse than the other because of its tangible form, or absence of it. Doesn't Marr look good after all these years? Wow!

Geez if you're going to comment on vinyl learn how to spell it.

Thanks Johnny for great perspective! Hi-Fi gone Hi-Tech ? NO ! Nothing beats the physical copy of an artists work. Better sound quality for starts. & yes, there's a beginning and an end. The story of an album the way the artist intended. Too many signals, too many choises and their all # 1 hits? Hey Scottie.. Beam me up!

Learn how to spell, learn how to punctuate and, if you absolutely must disregard the most elementary rules of English grammar by beginning a sentence with an, "and," then, at least, do us the courtesy of using the actual word, not a f***ing ampersand, you illiterate c***.

Geez if you're going to comment on vinyl learn how to spell it.

i hate spelling nazis. it took more thought for the first anonymous person to present his thoughts, than it did for the second anonymous person to comment on his spelling.

Shut the f*** up you repulsive opportunistic hypocritical fameloving little twat.I f***ing denounce you ad infinitum.

I f***ing denounce you ad infinitum.

Presumably, then, you'll be able to shut the f*** up about it and stop boring us all to death with the constant repetition. We already know and, still, nobody cares.

Learn how to spell, learn how to punctuate and, if you absolutely must disregard the most elementary rules of English grammar by beginning a sentence with an, "and," then, at least, do us the courtesy of using the actual word, not a f***ing ampersand, you illiterate c***.

Did your shit-eating ape-mother have any other off-spring that survived shit head?:lbf: MORRISSEY HATES THIS SHIT HOLE PLACE, :thumb:drum roll please.......YES, the inevitable time has arrived once again... Time for you and ape mother to eat, " n-word", shit and bark at the moon!:lbf: Best part of the very soon to come Armegedeon, will be seeing millions of filth like you die in a f***ing flash... Ha Ha Ha!!!!:lbf::lbf::lbf:

Did your shit-eating ape-mother have any other off-spring that survived shit head?:lbf: MORRISSEY HATES THIS SHIT HOLE PLACE, :thumb:drum roll please.......YES, the inevitable time has arrived once again... Time for you and ape mother to eat, " n-word", shit and bark at the moon!:lbf: Best part of the very soon to come Armegedeon, will be seeing millions of filth like you die in a f***ing flash... Ha Ha Ha!!!!:lbf::lbf::lbf:

I'm thinking that you need more fiber in your diet...?

Did you not bother to listen to Marr? MP3s online are rubbish. The physical artefact, the conversations, the unexpected finds, the surprises with vinYl, cassettes, even CDs/DVDs. And nothing with online surfing. He is really casting pearls before swine with you.

So, because I point out how stupid you are, you get all worked-up and respond by saying (a) that I'm black, (b) that my mother is black and an ape, and (c) that my black, ape mother eats n***** shit? How proud Steven must be. You do realise, don't you, that by saying "n-word" instead of "n*****" doesn't negate, or even disguise, the fact that your post was racist in the extreme? Incidentally, it also underscores my earlier point about you being pretty f***ing stupid.

It's not the first time you've made racist comments on here, either.

Ban?

All's well that ends well :D

So, because I point out how stupid you are, you get all worked-up and respond by saying (a) that I'm black, (b) that my mother is black and an ape, and (c) that my black, ape mother eats n***** shit? How proud Steven must be. You do realise, don't you, that by saying "n-word" instead of "n*****" doesn't negate, or even disguise, the fact that your post was racist in the extreme? Incidentally, it also underscores my earlier point about you being pretty f***ing stupid.

It's not the first time you've made racist comments on here, either.

Ban?

It all must be TRUE for you to take great umbrage to it all! "it only hurts because it's true!" Then again, your way to anal minded to waste time and post about someone's spelling and free speach violations.

All's well that ends well :D

Over? Honey pie, it hasn't even started yet. How about make these anonymous postings so vile, so awfully vicious, that log in to post is the new rule! "DEATH TREATS"...That come true! What fun!

It all must be TRUE for you to take great umbrage to it all! "it only hurts because it's true!" Then again, your way to anal minded to waste time and post about someone's spelling and free speach violations.

I accomplished my objective and that's all that matters :)

You, take it easy.

Johnny Marr is featured in a documentary Last Shop Standing

I just happened to listen to BBC London Radio Robert Elms show, Graham Jones, the director of "Last Shop Standing:
The Rise, Fall and Rebirth of the Independent Record Shop" was interviewed.
He mentioned that Johnny Marr, Billy Bragg, Clint Boone etc were interviewed in his documentary.

http://lastshopstanding.com/

You can listen to his interview which starts 1:05 from iPlayer.

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom