Last of the Famous - 7" test pressing on ebay

Dave2006

To paraphrase Uncle Skinny "This could be a record"

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/Morrissey-Unr...70671908208?pt=UK_Records&hash=item3f054d8d70

Apparently with an alternative version of Lucky Lisp

"Morrissey "Last of the Famous International Playboys" 7" UK light blue label test pressing with alternative version of "Lucky Lisp" very rare UK test pressing with an alternative version of "Lucky lisp " sounds like a demo version has a slower tempo and more pronounced guitars and has the keyboards very low down in the mix very different to the version on the standard stock single.

B side matrix POP 1620 B-1U-1-1 the released stock version matrix is POP 1620 B-2U-1-1,the A side Matrix is POP 1620 A-1U-1-1 same a sthe stock single

No dead wax etchings only exchange on A side and INL on b side,date stamped on B side label 22 DEC 1989,also has writing on B side label PM POP 1620A/B-1U."​

No, it's not me who's selling. But if my partner reads this... I don't want anything else for Christmas
christmas_smiley.png

Dave

As an eBay Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.
Hi Marcel

Has the alternative version of Lucky Lisp ever got out? Is there any chance you could share?

Dave

Hello Dave,

I really don't know if the alternate version of Lucky Lisp ever got out. My copy has the standard sleeve. I bought it many years ago as a mislabeled version.

I don't have an USB turntable. So, I don't know how to share this track.

Take care, Marcel

I think this thread needs to be moved elsewhere now - we have a mission - record this rare track and share it with the community.

• We either need to find someone else who has this record and a USB turntable (or an alternative - I don't have a USB turntable but can plug my stereo output into my PC)
  • Or we need someone with a USB turntable who lives near to Marcel
  • Or we need to club together to buy this record... record it... and then sell it on...
  • or one of us needs to buy it and share it - but lets not all bid against each other...

Dave

So the item didn't sell. I gotta say that's a little disappointing since the chance to record the track goes with it.

Anyhow, do you think the reserve was too high? Or was it correctly valued?

What do you guys think is the reserve?

I set a last minute bid for £251, but my bid wasn't placed as someone else did the same :)

To be honest, my plan was to buy it, record it, and sell it... It may come up for sale again, the seller may be open to offers, the seller may even read solo and decide to post the track :thumb:

Marcel, if I bought you a USB turntable, would you make a copy and share it?

Dave

I set a last minute bid for £251, but my bid wasn't placed as someone else did the same :)

To be honest, my plan was to buy it, record it, and sell it... It may come up for sale again, the seller may be open to offers, the seller may even read solo and decide to post the track :thumb:

Marcel, if I bought you a USB turntable, would you make a copy and share it?

Dave

Wow Dave calm down it must be up somewhere.

Wow Dave calm down it must be up somewhere.

I did a quick ebay search before making the offer - you can pick them up for about £30 - well worth it to reveal an unheard Morrissey cut. It would have cost a lot more to buy the record...

Dave

Back
Top Bottom