LAST FEW REMAINING WRISTBANDS!!

> ok the pic looks a bit shit, but they look better in real life on your
> wrist.
> honest.

Hi GOG..can I buy a couple..email me at [email protected] thanks..I have paypal

Do you take Paypal? Also, do you sell Morrissey scented room fresheners?

Yes. And No... (not yet) keep them ideas coming though

> wrist.
> honest.

I'll book the viva hate one. I'll even pay for it.

> I'll book the viva hate one. I'll even pay for it.

there are two sides to every coin.

Oops that was a bit cryptic for you. It's one design of wristband, one colour. (that be blue) One side says MORRISSEY and the other says VIVA HATE.

Still £3.50 to family members.

Why are you still here?

> there are two sides to every coin.

> Oops that was a bit cryptic for you. It's one design of wristband, one
> colour. (that be blue) One side says MORRISSEY and the other says VIVA
> HATE.

> Still £3.50 to family members.

> Why are you still here?

Suicidal thoughts come and go. Stop being so pushy. You'll get to scrap over my Smith's collection all in good time.

I find rubbing Old Spice and tofu on a heated lampshade gets quite close to the real thing.

I want some!

Email me please! brainboy77 at aol dot com.

Your email is familiar, have we done business on eBay?

does £3.50 inc p+p (U.K.) & what if I want 5, do you have that many available, please.
C.D.

> wrist.
> honest.

I may be a bit late, but thought I would ask if you (Grim O'Grady) had anymore wristbands? I'd love one, mate, if possible.

> wrist.
> honest.
What is everyone's obsession with plastic coloured wristbands that just remind me of the ones you had to wear at the local swimming baths? Even the charity ones can be worn with an alterior motive - there's a guy in my work who wears a green one and yellow one together which is more in support of his football team than any of the charities.

Yellow and green???

Could it have been an obscure ref. to Morrisseys lyrics in I keep mine hidden???

Reg

Yes, the wristband craze is a bit out of hand.

> What is everyone's obsession with plastic coloured wristbands that just
> remind me of the ones you had to wear at the local swimming baths? Even
> the charity ones can be worn with an alterior motive - there's a guy in my
> work who wears a green one and yellow one together which is more in
> support of his football team than any of the charities.

It's Lance Armgstrong's fault. If you wanna show you really care about cancer, you get one of his yellow bands and everyone who sees you sporting it knows you donated a whole 3 dollars to save people with cancer (or, if you got a freebie, that cancer patients are at least in your thoughts), thus instantly making you a righteously caring person, far better than all those thoughtless naked-wrist folks. You're also telling the world that Lance is the super-human cancer survivor of all time, which I'm sure is nice for his ego.

This fad became played out around the time John Kerry sported one on the campaign trail. Now there are so many different colored bands with different messages on them that no one knows what they mean anymore. It's like those ribbons every has on the back of their cars. You'd have to almost read-end them to read what they mean, as the colors are used for more than one cause.

Like, the yellow ones can mean either that you support the troops and hope they win in their effort to democratize the world, or that you support the troops and hope they are brought home immediately from this illegal, immoral war. (This is nice for the people selling them - they sell 'em to both the pro-war and the anti-war people!). I'm pretty sure pink is for breast cancer, but blue gets confusing and can mean any number of causes.

So, the nice thing about getting one of these blue Morrissey bands is that from a distance people will think you support all kinda of causes they might happen to agree with. A quick Google around showed me that blue bands are being used for such things as supporting world peace, or anouncing that you're a "blue state" Democrat, or that you're a Lutheran Christian, or that you support Israeli charities, or that you care about those with prostate cancer, or that you're down with Bono on fighting bullies.

Here's Bono:

Beat Bullying blue wristbands
http://news.bbc.co.uk/cbbcnews/hi/newsid_4030000/newsid_4032700/4032705.stm

And here are some kids' comments on the anti-bullying bands:

(Read more here: http://news.bbc.co.uk/cbbcnews/hi/newsid_4030000/newsid_4032500/4032555.stm )

======
Your Comments

I think wearing the wristbands is a good idea but the bullies might see the bands and get encouraged to carry on.

Leesa, 13, Haslingden

I have experienced bullying and I think that people will stop bullying if a lot of people wear these bands.

Rebecca, 12, Dudley

I think it is a good plan but I think people will pick on you more. But if enough people wear them it may work.

Kelly, 13, Walsall

I think the bands are a great idea I was bullied every day but now it's stopped I've ordered one

David, 12, Winchurch

I am afraid I can see little long term use coming from it. It seems like another ill thought out idea to prevent bulling. Bullies need to be taught a lesson and this isn't the way to go about it!

Jack, 13, Barnsley

The wristbands are very stylish and I love how all the pops stars have come together to support beating the bullies.

======

....a stumbling block, I'm a 20-digit combination to unlock....:)

Re: Yes, the wristband craze is a bit out of hand.

Yeah, it's a bit sad.

I'm just a sucker for Morrissey, I have no other wristbands.

Drudge is reportingTheo is going to replace O'Connor!!

Well he should!!
Did you ever notice the people with the ribbon stickers on the back of their cars are the worst drivers.
I saw the stupidest thing of a fake baseball made to look like it broke the back window of a minivan.
I'll stick with my New Jersey Devils license plate holder.

Re: Yellow and green???

> Could it have been an obscure ref. to Morrisseys lyrics in I keep mine
> hidden???

> Reg
No Reg, he is one of the "Morrissey is sooooooooo depressing" lot. You know I'm referring to the other Glasgow team.

Back
Top Bottom