Last-ever US show for Nine Inch Nails

The Seeker of Good Songs

True or just a marketing ploy? Fact is that Trent Reznor has announced that Nine Inch Nails played its last-ever show in the US during his band's set at Bonnaroo over the weekend. Here's a literal transcription of the announcement Reznor made: "It just dawned on me that this is our last show ever in the United States. Don't be sad. I'll keep going. But I think I'm going to lose my f***ing mind if I keep doing this, and I have to stop" The band recently wrapped up their tour of North America with Jane's Addiction and will continue their tour internationally this summer.

The news does not really come as a surprise, on multiple occasions Reznor has announced that it's time to get a family life as well. And as we reported a few weeks ago, he's just encountered the right person to spend the rest of his life with.

http://www.side-line.com/news_comments.php?id=43070_0_2_0_C

Years ago I think I've seen about 3 last-ever shows of the Ramones, so the grain of salt saying might apply here as well. :p
As long as he plays the July-gigs in Belgium and the Netherlands that I have tickets to, I'm a happy camper. :thumb:
And as far as meeting the right person goes, asking someone to marry you 2 weeks after meeting them, looks to me more like a case of puppy love than true love, but hey, who knows... :squiffy:

Trent's notoriously flighty. It wouldn't surprise me if he tours again, but I fully believe it'll be a good 5 years, maybe more, before he does so. He does keep making a point to mention that he's working on some various projects and he has referred to a new NIN album as a definite occurrence, so we'll see what happens. I would imagine that even if NIN disappears, Trent'll keep busy.

I'm glad I got to see him last year :guitar:

"The last show ever" Until someone dangles a truckload of $$$ in front of Trent to "reform" the band? It's a ploy man, all band breakups usually are.

Back
Top Bottom