Las Vegas, NV - The Joint (Jan. 2, 2016) post-show

Post your info and reviews related to this concert in the comments section below. Other links (photos, external reviews, etc.) related to this concert will also be compiled in this section as they are sent in.

Setlist:

Speedway / Alma Matters / Staircase At The University / Action Is My Middle Name / Kiss Me A Lot / World Peace Is None Of Your Business / Mama Lay Softly On The Riverbed / Ganglord / You'll Be Gone / Reader Meet Author / Everyday Is Like Sunday / Oboe Concerto / Jack The Ripper / The Bullfighter Dies / The World Is Full Of Crashing Bores / All The Lazy Dykes / I Will See You In Far-Off Places / What She Said / Meat Is Murder / You Have Killed Me / Let Me Kiss You / The Queen Is Dead // Suedehead

setlist provided by FDR.

• Review: This charming man — Morrissey gives (most) fans what they want at the Joint by Don Chareunsy, photos by Mikayla Whitmore (15 total) - Las Vegas Sun

lasvegas2.jpg
  • MORRISSEY RETURNS TO LAS VEGAS WITH AN INSPIRED PERFORMANCE by Mike Prevatt (4 / 5 stars) - Las Vegas Weekly
  • Hip Hip, Hooray for Morrissey! by Ian Caramanzana (4 / 5 stars), photos by Krystal Ramirez (10 total) - Vegas Seven
  • Photo posted by an anonymous person:

lasvegas.jpg
  • CrowdAlbum:

Last edited:
"Happy New Years to...you!"
Speedway
Alma Matters
Staircase at the University
Action Is My Middle Name
Kiss Me A lot
World Peace Is None Of Your Business
Momma Lay Softly On the Riverbed
Ganglord
You'll Be Gone
Reader Meet Author
Everyday Is Like Sunday
Oboe Concerto
Jack the Ripper
The Bullfighter Dies
The World Is Full of Crashing Bores
All the Lazy Dykes
I Will See You In Far Off Places
What She Said
Meat Is Murder
You Have Killed Me
Let Me Kiss You
The Queen Is Dead
*Encore
"And of course, the trouble with hello is goodbye"
Suedehead

lol

Last edited by a moderator:
Looked / sounded amazing on periscope as well. Some bloke filmed from a VIP box. Unfortunately he left during the start of Meat Is Murder.

Wow, checked out Moz for 20+ years in Vegas and he always put on a good show but this was one of the best I've seen. Place was packed but well behaved, my only gripe! Glad to see he was in good spirits and the crowd ate it up. Good setlist but I would have liked to see How Soon Is Now again!

His voice was lovely, set list was a huge disappointment after seeing the LA choices and hoping for This Charming Man. I don't get the long parade of video clips - well, I get them, I just don't enjoy them. Last time I saw Moz live was ten years ago. Glad not to have an opener but I just think you can tell with the audience energy that they want more Suedehead and less Oboe Concerto. I was so disappointed with the show - lots of flashing lights when the star should be Morrissey's beautiful voice.

"Happy New Years to...you!"
Speedway
Alma Matters
Staircase at the University
Action Is My Middle Name
Kiss Me A lot
World Peace Is None Of Your Business
Momma Lay Softly On the Riverbed
Ganglord
You'll Be Gone
Reader Meet Author
Everyday Is Like Sunday
Oboe Concerto
Jack the Ripper
The Bullfighter Dies
The World Is Full of Crashing Bores
All the Lazy Dykes
I Will See You In Far Off Places
What She Said
Meat Is Murder
You Have Killed Me
Let Me Kiss You
The Queen Is Dead
*Encore
"And of course, the trouble with hello is goodbye"
Suedehead

Ending the last show of this tour with the first song he released, reminds me of https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R_LfYGEYtW8 ...

Well, 90% of the people who post here have been moaning for a while now that it's time for him to fade into retirement. Maybe he's going to grant them that wish. If so, congratulations, assholes. But some of us will miss him.

Well, 90% of the people who post here have been moaning for a while now that it's time for him to fade into retirement. Maybe he's going to grant them that wish. If so, congratulations, assholes. But some of us will miss him.

Retire, enough already. Most of the people who say he should retire, don't even go to the shows. I have seen the last three and enjoyed them all. He ISN'T old, i think he mentionef something like that last night. I personally prefer older men, they are much more interesting. HE WILL get a contract, there is someone out there waiting to sign him. DD

I know it`s over... over, over.
Let`s hope at least a year or two off the road to write some new songs and get some kind of deal is planned. Nobody wants to see the man end up where he`s headed at the moment, the WPINOYB tour is well and truly done so to drag it out again would be a mistake. That`s what I would advise but i`m sure the cancelled Iceland show and a few Japanese dates could be announced any moment now **sigh** Have a day off chuck, put your feet up.

Sounds like a good gig! The question of retirement has been over M's head since the Smiths split up, so I never take it seriously. I remember leaving the 02 arena in London in 2014 and everyone saying, 'this is it', only for him to return to the UK a few months later.

I do smell an incoming TTY statement though, and I hope it holds good news.

Retire, enough already. Most of the people who say he should retire, don't even go to the shows. I have seen the last three and enjoyed them all. He ISN'T old, i think he mentionef something like that last night. I personally prefer older men, they are much more interesting. HE WILL get a contract, there is someone out there waiting to sign him. DD
Thanks for your post. His shows are amazing and I believe he has a lot more to offer; and you're right most who keep bringing up retirement don't go to his shows. The cryptic replies just get to me sometimes.

Let`s hope at least a year or two off the road to write some new songs and get some kind of deal is planned.
This is what I'm hoping for, too. Or just a deal, I believe he's already said they have enough songs ready to record...

Sounds like a good gig! The question of retirement has been over M's head since the Smiths split up, so I never take it seriously. I remember leaving the 02 arena in London in 2014 and everyone saying, 'this is it', only for him to return to the UK a few months later.
:thumb:
I do smell an incoming TTY statement though, and I hope it holds good news.
I do, too. :)

Last edited:

It's not age that is the problem. It's Morrissey. The quality of his output, and the content of his speech. He has become- to use a frank term, "an asshole."
Why would any record label want to sign him? It's a predictable abusive pattern from Morrissey. Get signed, release an album that is just so-so, then lash out at the record label, and sometimes their staff by name- very publicly when it fails to sell as much as the latest pop flash in the pan. With him, it is always someone else's fault, and I don't think that anyone wants to get trashed for trying to help the guy. He could self release. He could take any number of routes to get his art out there and turn a profit, but he isn't willing to put any of his own money into it. Which in itself, is incredibly telling.

'The quality of his output' ? Compared to what/who? If it's the genre of the music he makes that the company feels it can't sell,meaning that it's not pop pap &hip hop. Then I can see what you're saying there.

Or more likely it's the companies fault for not seeing that the music can be sold to the public,even if the music will go over the public's heads. Or the companies think that even if they give the public a choice between 'pop' and depth/art the public will not be able to appreciate M and not buy it. I mean there are lots of reasons why people make the music buying decisions that they do, a major one being that M might not support their identity and belief systems.

'and the content of his speech' ? I think the companies generally don't care.. As the saying goes...'there's no such thing as bad publicity'.

'to use a frank term, "an asshole."' ? The companies may consider him an 'asshole' only because of his frank terms and demands. I'm not not defending what he asks of the companies(nor do I know what he asks),but its seems the companies would prefer to sign/work with someone(a no one) who doesn't ask, demand things or simply doesn't know better.

So if it's not the companies fault for not pushing a 'product' then who's fault is it? When so much crap get 'sold' not
because it has any value other than that it's safe & same enough for the public to digest. Just think companies can't milk their artists as they once did. That they don't want to take chances or care to be known as a label with true artistic dignity, so they just can't be bothered if it's not a 'sure thing'.

' I don't think that anyone wants to get trashed for trying to help the guy. ' ? Are you saying that when a company now signs him ,it is a 'pity signing'? That they're helping him?

'He could self release. He could take any number of routes to get his art out there and turn a profit, but he isn't willing to put any of his own money into it. '

He could,he could,he could... he must have his reasons,which is too bad that he won't or has yet leaned towards that route. And yes, It seems he doesn't want to put his own money into it. Does this mean he's cheap? That would be too easy of an explanation, So I don't know why he wouldn't use his own money.

'Which in itself, is incredibly telling' ? Well, tell us? how so and why?

I take it that chill pills were not on your christmas list? There is clearly a reason why record companies are giving him a wide berth, personally I think its either because he keeps coming out with stupid crap or his demands are outside what the expectation is for an artist in 2016. Why do you think he can't get a deal?

As I have mentioned before - New Order managed to get a deal with Mute and released their album which charted a number 2. It also landed in the top10/20 albums of 2015 in a number of well respected music magazines - point is - it can be done if he plays his cards right.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom