Las Vegas, NV - The Colosseum at Caesars Palace (July 6, 2022) post-show

Post your info and reviews related to this concert in the comments section below. Other links (photos, external reviews, etc.) related to this concert will also be compiled in this section as they are sent in.

Setlist:

We Hate It When Our Friends Become Successful / Our Frank / Billy Budd / Knockabout World / Black Cloud / Everyday Is Like Sunday / The Loop / Rebels Without Applause / Little Man, What Now? / Half A Person / Never Had No One Ever / Sure Enough, The Telephone Rings / Bonfire Of Teenagers / I Am Veronica / I Live In Oblivion / First Of The Gang To Die / Irish Blood, English Heart / Jack The Ripper // How Soon Is Now

Setlist provided by The Ghost of Troubled Joe and Famous when dead

• VIVA MOZ VEGAS: MORRISSEY’S MISGUIDED SET LIST, EXCESS WHIMSY HINDER CAESAR’S RESIDENCY by Marc Edelstein- popmatters.com. Link posted by Famous when dead.
  • Photo from @dan_piercy / Instagram, link posted by Famous when dead:

full

Last edited:
I like this song more and more, it's getting better and better in my ears !

I agree. I think it’s my favourite of the new songs so far.

I also like the energy & melody of Sure Enough, The Telephone Rings….it’s just a pity that the lyrics don’t really develop & the tune doesn’t go anywhere.

This is a good breakdown of the show.

We were directly behind the sound board and everything sounded fantastic. I've seen him somewhere between 10-15 times since 1997 and this show is definitely in my top 5. Couple things others haven't mentioned:

At the very end of Black Cloud, Moz said into the mic "OK, f*** IT."

Never heard anything like that out of him before so it definitely caught us off guard and was very funny.

During the band introductions, before introducing the bass player, Moz said something along the lines of "I guess I have to do this."

Next was Alain and the crowd erupted into applause that was easily double what any other member got. Afterwards, Moz said something akin to, "I'm not sure why," in regards to the applause and Alain looked at him with a "WTF?" type response -- I do not think there was any animosity between the two, Moz was just on a wild one last night.

If anyone has video of the above moments, I'd like to see em.

Damn good show.

Love this! I do have a (poorly filmed) video of the end of Black Cloud — when I read this I was like whoa, M said f*** and I missed it?! But I think he's actually saying "por que, por que." This is a bit of a shame, because I'm always a fan of unnecessary swearing. 😁

He was wild! It was fantastic. 😍

I hope that studio version will be even better . Huge chance to jump into my Top 10 Ever .

FXF4ai3XgAE-1a-

Hopefully better tonight:
3 days, 18 edits by 7 people - 3 of which were "attendees", 4 of which weren't and got information from here & elsewhere 👏
Just for setlist.fm to finally get the right listing.
FWD.

At this point, he doesn't give a fig about pleasing his devoted fans with an updated setlist. You may say, "it's about the experience ", but how many same experiences are enough? The same songs every tour rolled out while songs like Heaven Knows, Well I Wonder, Ask, Alsation Cousins, Ordinary Boys are completely ignored.
Agreed. My Love Life would bring the house down but he'd rather play effing Black Cloud and Little man what now? Surprised he hasn't forced Paris or Munich air whatever on us!!

At this point, he doesn't give a fig about pleasing his devoted fans with an updated setlist. You may say, "it's about the experience ", but how many same experiences are enough? The same songs every tour rolled out while songs like Heaven Knows, Well I Wonder, Ask, Alsation Cousins, Ordinary Boys are completely ignored.
Where’s the motivation to change it? The “devoted fans” keep turning up show after show, knowing what the setlist is going to be. He’s got their money. The general public - his target audience - want Smiths songs and the solo hits.

During the band introductions, before introducing the bass player, Moz said something along the lines of "I guess I have to do this."

Next was Alain and the crowd erupted into applause that was easily double what any other member got. Afterwards, Moz said something akin to, "I'm not sure why," in regards to the applause and Alain looked at him with a "WTF?" type response -- I do not think there was any animosity between the two, Moz was just on a wild one last night.

If anyone has video of the above moments, I'd like to see em.

Does he not do band introductions anymore?

Band Introductions at the beginning

Band Introductions at the beginning

Thanks for this. Interesting. I wonder if there has actually been a reconciliation between Morrissey and Alain, or if Boz’s departure more-or-less forced him to get Alain back on board. There isn’t really much/any interaction between them in the videos I’ve watched - he rarely even goes to Alain’s side of the stage.

Last edited:
Thanks for this. Interesting. I wonder if there has actually been a reconciliation between Morrissey and Alain, or if Boz’s departure more-or-less forced him to get Alain back on board. There isn’t really much/any interaction between them in the videos I’ve watched - he rarely even goes to Alain’s side of the stage.

That's an interesting thought. Who was next if Alain turned him down, Craig Gannon?

Did Boz depart on his own, though, or was he asked to leave? Does anyone know?

Also, BLACK CLOUD IS AMAZING. Y’all are crazy for not recognizing how much.

Did Boz depart on his own, though, or was he asked to leave? Does anyone know?

Also, BLACK CLOUD IS AMAZING. Y’all are crazy for not recognizing how much.

Probably no one here knows. But we could assume that there doesn’t seem to be any hard feelings from Boz’s tweets and his mentioning in a recent podcast that he Boz is working on an album of reimagined Morrissey songs, so it seems to point in the direction that Boz left by his on choice.

And yes, Black Cloud is amazing.

Don’t know about him being forced into getting Alain. Since he replaced the bassist and drummer with people that he hasn’t worked with before, so he probably could have gotten another guitarist, an unknown. Also we don’t know if Alain was his first choice to ‘replace’ Boz. I get the sense that he does prefer to work with people that he knows and is comfortable with, trusts. Then again, as we see in this new line-up, not averse to recruiting fresh blood.

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom