Las Vegas, NV - The Colosseum at Caesars Palace (July 6, 2022) post-show

Post your info and reviews related to this concert in the comments section below. Other links (photos, external reviews, etc.) related to this concert will also be compiled in this section as they are sent in.

Setlist:

We Hate It When Our Friends Become Successful / Our Frank / Billy Budd / Knockabout World / Black Cloud / Everyday Is Like Sunday / The Loop / Rebels Without Applause / Little Man, What Now? / Half A Person / Never Had No One Ever / Sure Enough, The Telephone Rings / Bonfire Of Teenagers / I Am Veronica / I Live In Oblivion / First Of The Gang To Die / Irish Blood, English Heart / Jack The Ripper // How Soon Is Now

Setlist provided by The Ghost of Troubled Joe and Famous when dead

• VIVA MOZ VEGAS: MORRISSEY’S MISGUIDED SET LIST, EXCESS WHIMSY HINDER CAESAR’S RESIDENCY by Marc Edelstein- popmatters.com. Link posted by Famous when dead.
  • Photo from @dan_piercy / Instagram, link posted by Famous when dead:

full

Last edited:
Not sure which part of me harping on about setlist.fm being inaccurate, relying on Internet information despite people "being there" and actually giving a partial correct list myself would lead anyone to think their current offering is right.
FWD.

(not to mention a 36 minute video where First Of The Gang features - unlike setlist.fm)

So, Siouxsie and the Banshees ' classic single "Candyman", is in the intro tape in this video

I'm hoping we never find out the correct setlist. Let's keep this one a thing of mystery, like some of the early Smiths gigs. :thumb:

I was at the show, set list was (and wasnt cut short):
We hate it when our friends....
Our Frank
Billy Budd
Knockabout World
Black Cloud
Every Day is like Sunday (piano intro and quando, quando)
The Loop
Rebels without applause
Little Man what now
Half a person
Never had no-one ever
Sure, the telephone rings
Bonfire of Teenagers
I am Veronica
I live in oblivion
First of the gang
Irish blood, English heart
Jack the ripper
// How soon is now

Uh-oh, this doesn't sound good - from Twitter just now:

View attachment 82637
Reading his other post about how he could have heard 'more songs' if people didn't rush the stage, this is clearly this guy's first show, and he doesn't realise that Morrissey only does one encore. There were quite a few invaders, but the show was not cut short.

I was at the show, set list was (and wasnt cut short):
We hate it when our friends....
Our Frank
Billy Budd
Knockabout World
Black Cloud
Every Day is like Sunday (piano intro and quando, quando)
The Loop
Rebels without applause
Little Man what now
Half a person
Never had no-one ever
Sure, the telephone rings
Bonfire of Teenagers
I am Veronica
I live in oblivion
First of the gang
Irish blood, English heart
Jack the ripper
// How soon is now
I knew it would show up sooner or later, thanks

last week people had him in his coffin because of the lack of movement.
Saturday was pretty energetic in the pit. Friday was tame with a lot of annoying people.
That seemed to transfer to the stage.
I wasn't there last night so I can't comment.

looks like a still from enter the dragon,not seen that shirt before.
well done M keeping the memory of bruce alive and kicking,no pun intended.
For those interested, Ebay and Amazon.

s-l500.jpg

Regards,
FWD.

Why does he insist on opening with possibly the most average songs of his solo career? And black cloud? Horrid. The reason these shows aren't sold out is because the setlist is a C- when it could easily be amazing. Little Man What Now???? Ridiculous.

Why does he insist on opening with possibly the most average songs of his solo career? And black cloud? Horrid. The reason these shows aren't sold out is because the setlist is a C- when it could easily be amazing. Little Man What Now???? Ridiculous.
He could do that but then we would all complain that he plays the tired old stuff over and over again.

He could do that but then we would all complain that he plays the tired old stuff over and over again.
I think the masses would forgive Moz for trotting out a genuine greatest hits set in Las Vegas. I'm not suggesting that he does that in the forthcoming tour (or any tour) but here and now that's what he should have done.

the person you are replying to us right. The set is terrible mostly. A Las Vegas residency isn't the place to showcase unreleased songs.

last week people had him in his coffin because of the lack of movement.
Yes, I was one of them
However, I and, I think, one or two others weren't saying he is "over the hill"
It was more, he wasn't putting the effort in
I had a feeling he would up the gears in the second half.- actually, and I do not want to be Voted Miss Mystic Meg 2022, I have been on the money this year.
I said he would do the UK gigs, roughly at the dates he's doing, I guessed he would do 4 new songs (6 max) and I said I thought he would rip the place, in the second half of the residency

If he can keep keying into that kind of performance, he will win loads back
Lots of us who say negative things, don't do it out of hate, its disappointed cause we know he can do better , than he often does- I think its a motivation issue

I think the masses would forgive Moz for trotting out a genuine greatest hits set in Las Vegas. I'm not suggesting that he does that in the forthcoming tour (or any tour) but here and now that's what he should have done.

the person you are replying to us right. The set is terrible mostly.

A Las Vegas residency isn't the place to showcase unreleased songs.

Maybe he feels he must or should, simply because that’s the way the shows were advertised to showcase new songs (?).

Or maybe he just wants to do them.

A few from random IG posts:
Pat Phoenix featuring in the first 2.

292215938_3554195641493332_6526369899237225981_n.webp.jpg

(📷 IG: ryboxo)

292516816_1089351311935463_3722436817244967400_n.jpg

(📷 IG: douglas.v.irvin)

292158478_1180532566112826_2876550236051016937_n.jpg

(📷 IG: Harlowdoll)

291853988_578578697175392_1651501507492622048_n.webp.jpg

(📷 IG: happy_in_the_haze)

292271152_136104275481561_8046719213589318533_n.jpg

292439988_1807347082807080_6969637302557907660_n.jpg

292437614_753942622402269_6982612270736762673_n.jpg

FWD.

It was a great evening! I was in the pit, about three rows back. Lots of energy from Moz and the crowd. Sooooo many stage invasions — to the point that during HSIN he seemed frustrated to me because he couldn't get the words out. Or was I just projecting? 😅 However, when fans went on stage and walked slowly toward him, he'd generally hold out his hand and security was cool about it. The ones who sprint at him — or surprise him from the side or behind — or latch onto him with a death grip and refuse to let go — ruin everything.

He made himself comfier pretty soon after taking the stage, removing his jacket and unbuttoning and untucking his shirt. ❤️‍🔥 His "the old songs are... the worst" comment was a hit.

I don't know what was happening with the published setlist, but it was definitely way off. Troubled Joe has it right.

The new songs sound great and the lighting effects that accompany ILIO are especially beautiful.

IMG_8600.jpeg

Last edited:
How lucky !!! Moz looks great, dressed all in black, even his stockings were black! I didn't like the shoes, and something I see is that Morrissey wears shirts that don't have sleeves, that don't favor him and ruins all his previous look. Moz just as you gave up on wide jeans, and now you look a thousand times better with those pants, you must adopt shirts with sleeves!!!! On Friday wear colorful clothes, you already wore you wore a black shirt. Moz with those pants if you look sexy!!! Uhh

A few from random IG posts:
Pat Phoenix featuring in the first 2.

View attachment 82651
(📷 IG: ryboxo)

View attachment 82656
(📷 IG: douglas.v.irvin)

View attachment 82652

View attachment 82657
(📷 IG: happy_in_the_haze)

View attachment 82655

View attachment 82654

View attachment 82653

FWD.
Photo one: squats, showing their energy and vitality. Photo 2: uh what awaits me in Manchester when I sing BOT.!!. Photo 3: whimsical lips pulling kisses, last photo: sleeveless shirt, the bad option is forbidden to wear those, now you must wear shirts with sleeves. Oh, and before the last photo: stop screaming hysterically while I sing!, and don't come and invade my stage. Ha ha.last night I was tired of a lot of work someone missed me? Ja ja ♥️ ♥️ 🥰 🥰 :flowers:Mi charming man!!!!:tiphat::tiphat:♥️♥️

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom