Las Vegas, NV - The Colosseum at Caesars Palace (July 2, 2022) post-show

Post your info and reviews related to this concert in the comments section below. Other links (photos, external reviews, etc.) related to this concert will also be compiled in this section as they are sent in.

Setlist:

We Hate It When Our Friends Become Successful / Our Frank / Billy Budd / Knockabout World / Black Cloud (last played 2013) / I Am Veronica / Everyday Is Like Sunday / Rebels Without Applause / Never Had No One Ever / Disappointed / Sure Enough, The Telephone Rings / My Hurling Days Are Done / I Live In Oblivion / Half A Person / Bonfire Of Teenagers / First Of The Gang To Die / Irish Blood, English Heart / Jack The Ripper // How Soon Is Now

Setlist courtesy of FWD & setlist.fm

• Image posted by Famous when dead:

full

Last edited:
You are so full of shit😀 You live on this site and drink every tiny detail in. Morrissey owns you! He has your every spare minute. He decides your day. You will have read as you say the lyrics and you will digest them over and over. See you on your next tea break👍
This is an entirely pedestrian attempt to ignore the arguments I make.

It took seconds to scan those risible lyrics.

I visit this site as and when it amuses me to do so.

I trust these clarifications are helpful to you going forward.

Last edited:
¿ Quizás Alain tiene alguna influencia en la lista de canciones con Our Frank como su canción favorita de Morrissey?
Me gusta que I Am Veronica sea extremadamente Cathy también;)
¿Cuál es el significado cuando alguien dice 'es cathy????

I haven’t read through the entire thread, so forgive me if this is redundant, but I choose to not listen to the new songs yet until I am able to hear them as studio/production cuts. It’s tempting for sure, but I’ve resisted….anyone else out there neurotic like me? (in this arena of thought?)…….

I haven’t read through the entire thread, so forgive me if this is redundant, but I choose to not listen to the new songs yet until I am able to hear them as studio/production cuts. It’s tempting for sure, but I’ve resisted….anyone else out there neurotic like me? (in this arena of thought?)…….
yeah,same here.would rather hear the finished product.listened to them all once.if a restaurant gave you a half cooked meal you would say it shit,thats what the usual suspects are doing on here.

No he leído todo el hilo, así que perdónenme si esto es redundante, pero elijo no escuchar las nuevas canciones todavía hasta que pueda escucharlas como cortes de estudio/producción. Seguro que es tentador, pero me he resistido... ¿alguien más por ahí neurótico como yo? (¿en esta arena de pensamiento?)…….
I share, I can't judge until I listen to the studio version, I need to listen to the new clean and pure songs and then draw conclusions. I listened to Bonfire two or three times and I recognize that I like it a lot, hopefully Moz will show us his new album very soon

I was at the show, what was the deal with the man in the pit who was forcibly removed by four security guards and two Las Vegas police officers? It was to the far right of the stage, so out of the bands and Morrissey's view. I have no idea why he was removed but the man starting resisting and it took SIX people to get him to leave. I think at one point Morrissey might have noticed the commotion but the lights went out as he was heading into the next song, and by the time the lights went back out, the guards/police had him well out of the pit into the walkway. Anyone have any idea what that rumble was about? My assumption is maybe he ran into the pit without a ticket and refused to leave? No idea. I didn't see anyone mention it on the usual places.

Post your info and reviews related to this concert in the comments section below. Other links (photos, external reviews, etc.) related to this concert will also be compiled in this section as they are sent in.

Setlist:

We Hate It When Our Friends Become Successful / Our Frank / Billy Budd / Knockabout World / Black Cloud (last played 2013) / I Am Veronica / Everyday Is Like Sunday / Rebels Without Applause / Never Had No One Ever / Disappointed / Sure Enough, The Telephone Rings / My Hurling Days Are Done / I Live In Oblivion / Half A Person / Bonfire Of Teenagers / First Of The Gang To Die / Irish Blood, English Heart / Jack The Ripper // How Soon Is Now

Setlist courtesy of FWD & setlist.fm

• Image posted by Famous when dead:

full
In my humble opinion, these recent shows have been some of Mozzers strongest ever vocal performances.
Our Frank, Sweet And Tender Hooligan, Telephone Rings & Veronica my highlights thus far.

I share, I can't judge until I listen to the studio version, I need to listen to the new clean and pure songs and then draw conclusions. I listened to Bonfire two or three times and I recognize that I like it a lot, hopefully Moz will show us his new album very soon
I love the translation. That is awesome. Pure respect.

I live in Oblivion......

Oh yes. Truly such a wonderful musical arrangement and Morrissey BACK to his very best (which is honestly 600% better than many I could name.) Superb vocals. And Alain? The talented boy that nobody forgot..... NOBODY.

Hazard x

can someone point out where he has a dig at liam gallagher,i cant see it,or is it some made up bullplop and the usual suspecs have ran with it.
He doesnt
Chris Martin sang it at the Manchester show, not Liam
Noel sang the original version and wrote it, not Liam
I don't even think Morrissey is having a dig at anyone, just giving his opinion which we all know he will do no matter how it comes across or how people want to interpret it

Last edited:
I don't understand the hate "Black Cloud" gets. Perfectly fine little song. Is it A List? Certainly not. But there are far worse songs he could dust off for a concert airing. I was personally happy that nothing from World Peace, Low in HS, or CS were part of the proceedings.

Having "retired" from flying to see Morrissey about 7 years ago, I ended up making a exception for Friday and Saturday and had a great weekend in Vegas. The opening trio of We Hate It..../Our Frank/Billy Budd were worth the journey.

Jaw was on the floor when I figured out it was "Our Frank" on night 1. Sounded great! I was at a show years ago (LA, Wiltern, 2004, I think) when someone yelled "Play something from Kill Uncle!" The response from our man? "Not as long as blood runs through these veins."

My only complaint would be I wish he did "Sweet and Tender Hooligan" in place of HSIN one of the nights. Oh well.

Must say "I Am Veronica" is extremely cathy. The other new ones seem okay, "Rebels....." being my favorite thus far.

OH.... also want to say that I'm so happy that "First of the gang to Die" has returned to it's orginal arrangement. The slower mariachi version they'd been doing prior to Alain's return sucked all the life out of the song, and I also didn't care much for trumpets, etc. being added.

Lastly, can we talk about the Kermit the Frog voice/noises that Morrissey often makes? I don't get it.
I love Black Cloud. It's a powerful tune in all ways.

Was it six songs on the last album where the title was the first words of the song, or like Jim Jim Falls, in the first line?

Anyway, he’s evidently carrying on with the whole come-up-with-a-title-then-write-around-it thing, as there’s already more among the unreleased songs.

Back
Top Bottom