Las Vegas, NV - The Colosseum at Caesars Palace (July 2, 2022) post-show

Post your info and reviews related to this concert in the comments section below. Other links (photos, external reviews, etc.) related to this concert will also be compiled in this section as they are sent in.

Setlist:

We Hate It When Our Friends Become Successful / Our Frank / Billy Budd / Knockabout World / Black Cloud (last played 2013) / I Am Veronica / Everyday Is Like Sunday / Rebels Without Applause / Never Had No One Ever / Disappointed / Sure Enough, The Telephone Rings / My Hurling Days Are Done / I Live In Oblivion / Half A Person / Bonfire Of Teenagers / First Of The Gang To Die / Irish Blood, English Heart / Jack The Ripper // How Soon Is Now

Setlist courtesy of FWD & setlist.fm

• Image posted by Famous when dead:

full

Last edited:
Irrelevant. Most people commenting here weren't in Vegas.
at least listen to the songs,are you scared incase your feet start tapping without you even realising it.

I haven't listened to them yet but I've read the lyrics as transcribed by helpful posts here. Having read these execrable lyrics I'm not sure I can be arsed listening, tbh...
You are so full of shit😀 You live on this site and drink every tiny detail in. Morrissey owns you! He has your every spare minute. He decides your day. You will have read as you say the lyrics and you will digest them over and over. See you on your next tea break👍

Black Cloud sounded amazing. He had great energy. Also loving the new songs. 😍 I want this new album released now!

Attachments

• 20220702_212425.jpg
    20220702_212425.jpg
    905.1 KB · Views: 0
Well, well, well . . . 'Black Cloud' is back. I suppose if you're going to release (try to release) an album of real plodders then BC may as well get a reprieve. All the hits in one place!

I agree with everything you say here, in fact, it's pretty much what I have said myself
But what do you mean, people shouldn't have an opinion if they aren't from that area?
Should have an opinion on the bombings or the feelings in Manchester or both?

Not arguing. Just asking

The context there @Dirk Blaggard is that Baz's post was attacked by someone as 'the worst attempt at shade' or something. I said not so fast...and I meant that being caught up in that particular event in that particular place at that particular time gives you a level of empathy and perspective on the incident, that no-one who wasn't there can possess.

Therefore, the poster who threw the insult did so, potentially, without any comprehension of what fuelled the words that Baz had written and why.

So instead of it being 'absolute bollocks' as profoundly and poetically stated by @TheSmiths_1985, it was in fact genius commentary and @TheSmiths_1985 should hang on my every word in future and pay me for the pleasure of doing so.

The context there @Dirk Blaggard is that Baz's post was attacked by someone as 'the worst attempt at shade' or something. I said not so fast...and I meant that being caught up in that particular event in that particular place at that particular time gives you a level of empathy and perspective on the incident, that no-one who wasn't there can possess.

Therefore, the poster who threw the insult did so, potentially, without any comprehension of what fuelled the words that Baz had written and why.

So instead of it being 'absolute bollocks' as profoundly and poetically stated by @TheSmiths_1985, it was in fact genius commentary and @TheSmiths_1985 should hang on my every word in future and pay me for the pleasure of doing so.
What is the cut-off point, in miles, where one can no longer feel empathy or have perspective? As someone else pointed out elsewhere, Carlisle is over 100 miles from Manchester.

Sure Enough The Telephone Rings does nothing for me at all. It kinda reminds me of those horrible songs he wrote around 2011, The Kid's A Looker and People Are The Same Everywhere and to a lesser extent Action Is My Middle Name. The melodies of those songs like this one kinda go nowhere and leave me wanting. I'm hoping this song is an outlier amongst the rest of the songs on the album.

Well, well, well . . . 'Black Cloud' is back. I suppose if you're going to release (try to release) an album of real plodders then BC may as well get a reprieve. All the hits in one place!
I don't understand the hate "Black Cloud" gets. Perfectly fine little song. Is it A List? Certainly not. But there are far worse songs he could dust off for a concert airing. I was personally happy that nothing from World Peace, Low in HS, or CS were part of the proceedings.

Having "retired" from flying to see Morrissey about 7 years ago, I ended up making a exception for Friday and Saturday and had a great weekend in Vegas. The opening trio of We Hate It..../Our Frank/Billy Budd were worth the journey.

Jaw was on the floor when I figured out it was "Our Frank" on night 1. Sounded great! I was at a show years ago (LA, Wiltern, 2004, I think) when someone yelled "Play something from Kill Uncle!" The response from our man? "Not as long as blood runs through these veins."

My only complaint would be I wish he did "Sweet and Tender Hooligan" in place of HSIN one of the nights. Oh well.

Must say "I Am Veronica" is extremely cathy. The other new ones seem okay, "Rebels....." being my favorite thus far.

OH.... also want to say that I'm so happy that "First of the gang to Die" has returned to it's orginal arrangement. The slower mariachi version they'd been doing prior to Alain's return sucked all the life out of the song, and I also didn't care much for trumpets, etc. being added.

Lastly, can we talk about the Kermit the Frog voice/noises that Morrissey often makes? I don't get it.

Attachments

• Moz LV 2020.PNG
    Moz LV 2020.PNG
    1.3 MB · Views: 0
Last edited:
I don't understand the hate "Black Cloud" gets. Perfectly fine little song. Is it A List? Certainly not. But there are far worse songs he could dust off for a concert airing. I was personally happy that nothing from World Peace, Low in HS, or CS were part of the proceedings.

Having "retired" from flying to see Morrissey about 7 years ago, I ended up making a exception for Friday and Saturday and had a great weekend in Vegas. The opening trio of We Hate It..../Our Frank/Billy Budd were worth the journey.

Jaw was on the floor when I figured out it was "Our Franl" on night 1. Sounded great! I was at a show years ago (LA, Wiltern, 2004, I think) when someone yelled "Play something from Kill Uncle!" The response from our man? "Not as long as blood runs through rhese veins."

My only complaint would be I wish he did "Sweet and Tender Hooligan" in place of HSIN one of the nights. Oh well.

Must say "I Am Veronica" is extremely cathy. The other new ones seem okay, "Rebels....." being my favorite thus far.
Maybe Alain has some influence on the set list with Our Frank being his favourite Morrissey song?
I fond I Am Veronica to be extremely Cathy also ;)

Maybe Alain has some influence on the set list with Our Frank being his favourite Morrissey song?
Yes. I could see Alain maybe saying "C'mon Moz... it's time. Leave it to me to get the band trained up on it. It'll be great."

What is the cut-off point, in miles, where one can no longer feel empathy or have perspective? As someone else pointed out elsewhere, Carlisle is over 100 miles from Manchester.
Given that you're now purposely misconstruing or not reading or can't read what I've written then its exactly 2 miles short of wherever you are at any given time.

'Our Frank' was 100% down to Alain. I can't remember exactly which recent interview it was, but Alain did mention how it was his favourite Morrissey song, and that he might suggest playing it to Moz.

You are so full of shit😀 You live on this site and drink every tiny detail in. Morrissey owns you! He has your every spare minute. He decides your day. You will have read as you say the lyrics and you will digest them over and over. See you on your next tea break👍

(y) Yep, BarmyBoy ain’t fooling no one.

Given that you're now purposely misconstruing or not reading or can't read what I've written then its exactly 2 miles short of wherever you are at any given time.
How can I misconstrue it when I am directly quoting you?
I certainly can read what you’re writing, and it’s a lot of old shite.
I can say that with some authority because I was once within 100 miles of a lot of actual shite - I was in Nottingham and the shit was in Leeds, it was a harrowing experience. Maybe you can empathise? Have you ever been within 100 miles of Leeds? If not, you probably won’t understand.

There’s a few on here who are obsessed with ticket sales, but they personally don’t attend. Yes the sales are not great but what does it matter as long as those in attendance had a good time. Bonkers some on here.
I got 5gigs. The first one 75 % , 2nd one 85or more if you don't attend and just bitch. Better stay away from writing about tis shows. I enjoyed it watching the fans going mad for a t shirt trowing and when they get a hand shake or a stolen hug or kiss 😘 from M.

How can I misconstrue it when I am directly quoting you?
I certainly can read what you’re writing, and it’s a lot of old shite.
I can say that with some authority because I was once within 100 miles of a lot of actual shite - I was in Nottingham and the shit was in Leeds, it was a harrowing experience. Maybe you can empathise? Have you ever been within 100 miles of Leeds? If not, you probably won’t understand.
He/She/It never said 100 miles, ya clown!!

And you’re not directly quoting them because they said they are a local involved in the event not the distance from it.

F******g Hell, what’s wrong with you?!???

He/She/It never said 100 miles, ya clown!!

And you’re not directly quoting them because they said they are a local involved in the event not the distance from it.

F******g Hell, what’s wrong with you?!???
Sorry, Frank, I seem to have upset “ya”

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom