Las Vegas, NV - The Colosseum at Caesars Palace (July 2, 2022) post-show

Post your info and reviews related to this concert in the comments section below. Other links (photos, external reviews, etc.) related to this concert will also be compiled in this section as they are sent in.

Setlist:

We Hate It When Our Friends Become Successful / Our Frank / Billy Budd / Knockabout World / Black Cloud (last played 2013) / I Am Veronica / Everyday Is Like Sunday / Rebels Without Applause / Never Had No One Ever / Disappointed / Sure Enough, The Telephone Rings / My Hurling Days Are Done / I Live In Oblivion / Half A Person / Bonfire Of Teenagers / First Of The Gang To Die / Irish Blood, English Heart / Jack The Ripper // How Soon Is Now

Setlist courtesy of FWD & setlist.fm

• Image posted by Famous when dead:

full

Last edited:
Bonfire is just so wrong.... 😞😞

he says this is our 9/11
And nobody will talk about it in
England.....

Err.... excuse me Morrissey.....

There was a concert with a bunch of
People singing.....
where the f*** were you when they
We’re all on stage....
Fair comment.
It's very sad as, yes sure BE angry about what happened, HATE the bomber, HATE the ideology behind it
I agree that one shouldn't be hippy-dippy about this stuff
But why the hell mock the people just trying to cope?

Liam is hardly Sting, he isn't a fake showbiz person. He actually did help the fans in his own way
So it makes M look really bitter and jealous by having a veiled dig at him.At least the Don't look back in anger stuff was organic, at least it wasn't Liam getting a fat yes-man guitarist to write an email asking to release the song. Like Paris.
"Funny" how Fiasco Dodwell never brings that up
How her boss tried to cash in on a mass murder "who said i lied to her?" The sad thing is. The whole song is about M being jealous of Liam and Oasis's song being the Manc song of choice
I agree There is A light would have been a beauty of a song, I would have preferred that being the song of choice but the people get what the people want

I don't think there is much chance of getting much money for a new LP with that dross as the title song. If he wasn't surrounded by dicks, and had decent people around him, that song would not have been recorded, let alone lead the LP

He should dump it and re-release it as Morrissey's "I live In Oblivion"
That is more the M some of us want to see, passing all the crass crap and releasing a harrowing but heartfelt beauty of a song
I love that song, its remarkable that the same man who wrote I live In, wrote Bonfire of Dross

Ahh not so fast, pal. @Carlislebaz and myself are from the region. If you are too, fair enough but only those familiar with the incident should comment here. I know 10 give or take who were there and I was there for the aftermath and tributes.

For me, Moz is criticising the forgiving nature of the song 'Don't Look Back In Anger' when he feels everyone should be very angry that their children didn't come back alive from a concert.

The line 'go easy on the killer' seems like another sarcastic comment in the style of his comments last year about the Albanian woman he criticised for the Bolton killing of a young girl.

I also believe he was in Altrincham that night.

So that's where I agree with his sentiments.

Where I disagree is that of course it wasn't Britain's 9/11. That's a line he got from his nephew and suits his political stance.

He also has this tone as if he's saying 'well done woke anti-racists, you let them in our country and look what they did, they killed our own. So much for your self righteous group think' which is deeply unhelpful and where the 'morons sing and sway' lyric is born from.

I also think it's a lash out at 'lesser' artists in his view being more revered than he is in his own hometown .

As a final note, the 10 or so I knew all came home safe and sound to their parents, who I count as friends. No-one who wasn't there, will know the sheer horror of the hours that passed when none of us knew if they were coming home or
I agree with everything you say here, in fact, it's pretty much what I have said myself
But what do you mean, people shouldn't have an opinion if they aren't from that area?
Should have an opinion on the bombings or the feelings in Manchester or both?

Not arguing. Just asking

That yellow tee is so cute! I need that! It would look just as cute on me i need need meed! Can i buy it? All the clips made me cry again! So much fun for those who can go and always so much magic in one room! Sometimes i feel really lucky that i got to go to the ones i’ve been to - but it was never enough and it will never be enough and sometimes when i see a clip of one I haven’t been to it just makes me want to stop my life and get off, so that i can come to morrrrre! Like LOTS more! I basically want to be 15 again and run away from home. So someone just arrange a time capsule for me please

Also if anyone has any more clips please share!

Mozzy you look and sound so so soooo great! Just ignore if you see any eye-sorely unstylish people in front of you and pretend like you can’t directly look at them because it’s the glare of the stage lights! Just kidding. Sort of. lol! ❤️💫 i want to be at these showwws toooooooo, sooooooo much! ❤️❤️

I want to say , in a heartfelt way, thank you and more
I loved how the brits were bitching. attack, attack, attack
Then you ignore all the political, social comments, rock up and say " That yellow tee is so cute"
Brilliant

First post-I dread Vegas because I lived there for 13 years (I luckily live in Colorado now - 17+ years). However, I’ve been an obsessed fan since I was 14 (mid-80s) and was blessed to see The Smiths in concert. After watching the first night’s performances on YouTube early Saturday morning, I decided I can’t wait for him to make it back to CO and I booked a flight, hotel, and bought tickets for Wednesday’s show. I have to leave first thing Thursday to get back to teach summer school but decided I need to pump myself up with enough live Moz serotonin to get me through the fall. He looks so handsome and sounds amazing and I am in love with the new tunes. I don’t care what he sings on Wednesday (because it will probably just be everything from the other shows with a substitution or two). I’ve never left a Moz show unhappy or complaining about anything. I’m just looking forward to being in the presence of Morrissey and others who enjoy his music and respect his artistry as much as I do. It’s going to be magical and if a double-decker bus crashes into us, I will die content. Peace.

The Los Angeles hard-core fans monitor the prior setlist and know he doesn't deviate drastically from show to show, thus why it isn't worth it to fork out the cash just to see songs we already seen performed countless times. Suggestion, why not close with the following five songs instead; Ignore me, Speedway, Just haven't earned, Heart is full, Encore: There is light....bring the house down!
Because it's about the event, the night. Each new gig is a new moment.
You LA lot are such basic bitches. Which I say with the utmost (lack) of respect

You LA lot are such basic bitches. Which I say with the utmost (lack) of respect
Is that why we get the most gigs consistently? Don't hate shopkeeper.

Spot on. It’s about the excitement of the night. A lot of bands stick with the same setlist on a tour. It’s fine by me. I’m there for the moment.

Spot on. It’s about the excitement of the night. A lot of bands stick with the same setlist on a tour. It’s fine by me. I’m there for the moment.
Spot on? Same setlist for years...who's basic for indulging. Maybe thats why he lives in Los Angeles, get away from the shopkeepers.

¡Parece un espectáculo increíble!
(Sin embargo, odio lo que le hizo a su cabello... y lamentablemente así es exactamente como se ve mi propio cabello desde que nací... que es una especie de maldición que no le deseo a nadie).
Espero que pronto se deshaga del horrible amarillo... aparte de eso... ¡GUAU!
Me encanta el video de entrada!!!!!!
¡Parece un espectáculo increíble!
(Sin embargo, odio lo que le hizo a su cabello... y lamentablemente así es exactamente como se ve mi propio cabello desde que nací... que es una especie de maldición que no le deseo a nadie).
Espero que pronto se deshaga del horrible amarillo... aparte de eso... ¡GUAU!
Me encanta el video de entrada!!!!!!
Habria que verlo bien ,tal vez sean las luces ,en esa foto de arriba se ve muy amarillo su pelo pero en otras no tanto ,aunque si me parecio que estaba mas amarillento que antes ,tendria que matizarlo un poco mas .Igual le agradecemos todo su encanto en el escenario.

Spot on you say? Your statements are the definition of basic. Maybe thats why he actually lives in Los Angeles, away from the shopkeepers lot.

Is that why we get the most gigs consistently? Don't hate shopkeeper.
Before I carry on, can I ask if English is your first language?
Maybe you are writing on a phone?
I said that which I said, based on your pathetic comment. You were the one throwing "hate"
You are welcome to experience gigs in your own way.
I was just pointing out you approach them in a very male autism kind of way. As if gigs were baseball cards " I have seen that song already, next"

Let's have a look at what you here "Is that why we get the most gigs consistently? Don't hate shopkeeper."
First, the sentence should be structured " Is that why we consistently get more gigs". Stop basing your speech patterns on Yoda
Second, more gigs than where NY or London? I doubt it
Oh do you mean M gigs?
Yes, LA may, That's cause LA is his cash cow. He only lived there to avoid paying money, when that failed he got the hell out of dodge.
You do know, even when he lived here, he spent most of his time in the UK?
Here is the kicker, you ask any fan who's seen M in various places around the world at various times of his career and they will tell you, straight
His gigs tend to be subpar in LA. You get him a lot but you don't get the best of him
I can tell you hand on my heart, his gigs in the UK PISS on his LA shows from a huge height
Not just that so do his gigs in Greece. France, Italy, Germany and Canada. As for the USA, his East coast shows are usually way better than his west coast ones.
I like LA, but I feel sorry for you, as you hardly get any Suede gigs. Poor things

I have no clue what the shopkeeper comment is about. I'm not Korean or a Pakistani

I haven't listened to them yet but I've read the lyrics as transcribed by helpful posts here. Having read these execrable lyrics I'm not sure I can be arsed listening, tbh...
reminds me of a football phone in years ago.
referee was a disgrace and didnt give my team anything.
were you at the match.
no.

Before I carry on, can I ask if English is your first language?
Maybe you are writing on a phone?
I said that which I said, based on your pathetic comment. You were the one throwing "hate"
You are welcome to experience gigs in your own way.
I was just pointing out you approach them in a very male autism kind of way. As if gigs were baseball cards " I have seen that song already, next"

Let's have a look at what you here "Is that why we get the most gigs consistently? Don't hate shopkeeper."
First, the sentence should be structured " Is that why we consistently get more gigs". Stop basing your speech patterns on Yoda
Second, more gigs than where NY or London? I doubt it
Oh do you mean M gigs?
Yes, LA may, That's cause LA is his cash cow. He only lived there to avoid paying money, when that failed he got the hell out of dodge.
You do know, even when he lived here, he spent most of his time in the UK?
Here is the kicker, you ask any fan who's seen M in various places around the world at various times of his career and they will tell you, straight
His gigs tend to be subpar in LA. You get him a lot but you don't get the best of him
I can tell you hand on my heart, his gigs in the UK PISS on his LA shows from a huge height
Not just that so do his gigs in Greece. France, Italy, Germany and Canada. As for the USA, his East coast shows are usually way better than his west coast ones.
I like LA, but I feel sorry for you, as you hardly get any Suede gigs. Poor things

I have no clue what the shopkeeper comment is about. I'm not Korean or a Pakistani
First off, you said, "let's have a look at what you here"...is English your first language? Second, who else would I be referring to on here other than Morrissey? Please keep up. Lastly apologies to Pakistan and Korean shopkeepers. Seems you are most likely a Traveler....at best.

can someone point out where he has a dig at liam gallagher,i cant see it,or is it some made up bullplop and the usual suspecs have ran with it.

Back
Top Bottom