Las Vegas, NV - The Colosseum at Caesars Palace (July 1, 2022) post-show

Post your info and reviews related to this concert in the comments section below. Other links (photos, external reviews, etc.) related to this concert will also be compiled in this section as they are sent in.

Setlist:

We Hate It When Our Friends Become Successful / Our Frank (last played '91) / Billy Budd / Knockabout World / Disappointed / I Am Veronica / Half A Person / Bonfire Of Teenagers (live debut) / Everyday Is Like Sunday / Rebels Without Applause (live debut) / Never Had No One Ever / Sure Enough, The Telephone Rings (live debut) / My Hurling Days Are Done (live debut) / I Live In Oblivion (live debut) / That's How People Grow Up / First Of The Gang To Die / Irish Blood, English Heart / Jack The Ripper // How Soon Is Now?

Setlist courtesy of FWD - with thanks to moz_angeles213 & setlist.fm

• Image posted by Famous when dead:

full

Last edited:
My first Vegas show since 2004 and it’s not the same anymore. Seeing Morrissey in Vegas was a must, the place to be, something special. But yesterday was underwhelming. Vegas is much bigger, more crowded with more drunks and more expensive! The venue was half empty. They didn’t even open the top balcony. The stage was huge and way too high. I prefer the smaller Vegas club venues in the past like The Joint and House of Blues where queuing early paid off. None of this platinum early entry BS. And finally new songs were just OK. It’s Saturday 1pm, not queuing today but still in bed dreaming of Vegas Moz shows past.

I expect it's partly about his mum, the initial impulse that is probably going to be true of most songs, from Dog onwards, in a sense.
However, I do not think this is especially, only about his mother. As he states the person is male
Im wondering if you listen to the whole song?
Did you not hear-
"
"One more spoonful
There's a good boy
There's a good boy
Oh, there's a good boy
There's a good boy
Oh there's a good boy
There's a good boy
There's a good boy
There's a good boy
There's a good boy
Oh there's a good boy
There's a good boy"

I guess if his mum has a sex change, and became Mathew Kelly, it could be about her.
The other point is , I doubt very much he would have sat there and let a nurse feed is mum and talk to her in that spirit
However, maybe you are right. I have only listened a few times via a youtube video
I'm open to the prospect I'm wrong. I don't mean to sound like one of those who thinks they shadow every thought of M's and now his inner motivations

Did you like the song?
Did you read my comment, instead of editing out the bit you didn’t like?
First half is his last memories of her, second half is his first memories of her talking to him.

new songs sound ok but for me its the songs he is writing now with Alain that have me more excited..

Did you read my comment, instead of editing out the bit you didn’t like?
First half is his last memories of her, second half is his first memories of her talking to him.
I didn't see it that way but it's an interesting take. I think his mother's experience in hospital will have influenced it but he seems to be forecasting how his life could end - how all of us could end up, even - in a manner not dissimilar to this:

"The older generation have tried, sighed and died
Which pushes me to their place in the queue".

He also said that after his Mum died, the only bigger 'event' left is your own death. He's imagining what the future could look like, in bleak terms.

I didn't see it that way but it's an interesting take. I think his mother's experience in hospital will have influenced it but he seems to be forecasting how his life could end - how all of us could end up, even - in a manner not dissimilar to this:

"The older generation have tried, sighed and died
Which pushes me to their place in the queue".

He also said that after his Mum died, the only bigger 'event' left is your own death. He's imagining what the future could look like, in bleak terms.
Right?

It's really great to hear Our Frank in the set-list again. I'm guessing Alain was campaigning for this! I was never Alain's biggest fan (he wrote some great songs but also a ton of filler) but it's brilliant that he's back, and his very best compositions certainly deserve a place on any new album. A rare piece of genuinely positive Morrissey news from recent times.

Do we think that what he said about the new album being released is encouraging?

The implication seemed to be that something is in place, but the wheels are turning slowly… or is that over optimistic?

My first Vegas show since 2004 and it’s not the same anymore. Seeing Morrissey in Vegas was a must, the place to be, something special. But yesterday was underwhelming. Vegas is much bigger, more crowded with more drunks and more expensive! The venue was half empty. They didn’t even open the top balcony. The stage was huge and way too high. I prefer the smaller Vegas club venues in the past like The Joint and House of Blues where queuing early paid off. None of this platinum early entry BS. And finally new songs were just OK. It’s Saturday 1pm, not queuing today but still in bed dreaming of Vegas Moz shows past.
I think the last bit is about someone with dementia being spoon fed on their death bed and spoken to like a child, because that’s what happens.

I think everyone could see that the shows were not selling very well and I'm surprised the promoter didn't condense the 5 nights into 3 sold out nights but it's great to see he is playing them rather than cancelling and he looks good, sounds good, has put together an interesting set list and seems to be enjoying himself as do do the audience.

Last edited:
I had a pretty good view of the entire arena. i thought it looked and sounded amazing, including the new songs. it looked more full than empty to me. but yes, nothing can beat the intimacy of a smaller theatre. Loved it so much I’m going again tonight!

Do we think that what he said about the new album being released is encouraging?

The implication seemed to be that something is in place, but the wheels are turning slowly… or is that over optimistic?
He said that he hoped this album to be released sometime in our lifetime and advised us not to die too soo. To me, it raises the concern that he doesn’t have a record deal yet. And 6 weeks after Cruel World festival, where he proudly announced the imminent release of Veronica as a single, we are still awaiting further detail. It’s not that promising, is it?

He said that he hoped this album to be released sometime in our lifetime and advised us not to die too soo. To me, it raises the concern that he doesn’t have a record deal yet. And 6 weeks after Cruel World festival, where he proudly announced the imminent release of Veronica as a single, we are still awaiting further detail. It’s not that promising, is it?
If Morrissey got a deal, he'd be crowing about it for sure. He's tipped his hand prematurely too many times and he never learns. His fans are just kept hanging on and on per usual.

First time at a Morrissey concert and what a concert it was! Fantastic performances from an incredible tight band, and Morrissey with really strong vocals and in fine form. And to top all of that we got to hear 6 new songs from the, as yet, unreleased album. Every new song was a winner in my books - just really great fantastic music from one of the true artists of the ages. And I get to go back again tonight for more. Wow!
Oi watch that optimism mate! People don't take too kindly to that type outlook round these parts ;)

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom