Las Vegas, NV - The Colosseum at Caesars Palace (July 1, 2022) post-show

Post your info and reviews related to this concert in the comments section below. Other links (photos, external reviews, etc.) related to this concert will also be compiled in this section as they are sent in.

Setlist:

We Hate It When Our Friends Become Successful / Our Frank (last played '91) / Billy Budd / Knockabout World / Disappointed / I Am Veronica / Half A Person / Bonfire Of Teenagers (live debut) / Everyday Is Like Sunday / Rebels Without Applause (live debut) / Never Had No One Ever / Sure Enough, The Telephone Rings (live debut) / My Hurling Days Are Done (live debut) / I Live In Oblivion (live debut) / That's How People Grow Up / First Of The Gang To Die / Irish Blood, English Heart / Jack The Ripper // How Soon Is Now?

Setlist courtesy of FWD - with thanks to moz_angeles213 & setlist.fm

• Image posted by Famous when dead:

full

Last edited:
Morrissey is definately on the blacklist by the record companies, Bonfire of Teenagers and the songs heard are enough to deserved to be in out collection. I'm grateful to the one who put up the new songs, and sad , to feel, no decent [what's in the name] label will sign Him, he is what we are joking of 15-20 years ago...3 times a year 5 shows in Las Vegas. God , please ... 1 record company:cry:

Well, there goes my theory that record companies won't touch this album due to the title track's lyrics perhaps being seen as anti-Muslim or racist in some way.

They're profoundly contrarian - but honestly not very controversial. (I guess it might be portrayed as him having a dig at Noel/Liam, but it's not that, is it? It's a dig at the people who blindly go along with such mawkish bollocks.)
Given ‘the killer’ was a suicide bomber, and absolutely no one said ‘go easy’ on him, I’m not sure this song is without its controversial aspect.

Rebels Without Applause's preamble:

"I haven't been, I haven't been lying to you over recent years when I tell you there is a new album.
There really is.
And.. it will be released in your lifetime.
So, please don't die soon.

This is Rebels Without Applause..."

That's great to hear from someone who was there in person. On the videos I thought he looked really good, very sexy, but the songs full of complaints and criticisms and bitterness are not attractive at all. I guess he can only sing his life and be honest about it. Hope you enjoy tonight's show as much as the first or even more!
Don’t listen to the negatives on here… it was a thrilling, spectacular amazing performance… i loved every single minute… I have no idea how anyone could come away from that disappointed. The new songs were first class…. Maybe people just need more time to get used to them. It was just fab. I’m tempted to fly back to my homeland this autumn just to see if I can see him again there.

Given ‘the killer’ was a suicide bomber, and absolutely no one said ‘go easy’ on him, I’m not sure this song is without its controversial aspect.
The appeal to increase the non-dead participant's sentence (being deemed 'unduly lenient') failed.
Which is probably where that stems from.
FWD.

I'd have been quite disappointed with that for a setlist tbh. Starts off great (Our Frank wow) then the mid-set lull of this is a new song. This is another new song. This is yawn, yawn, yawn and That's How People Grow Up (!?!?) ending with 4 songs that have been played more times than I've had COVID.
It's Morrissey's set list though not mine.
The crowd responded very well to Grow Up. I was surprised he energetic they got. It was good to hear

First of the Gang and Irish Blood probably got the best response all night.

Nowhere close to being a sellout for any of the Moz Vegas shows. Entire top section tarped off and lower levels had numerous empty rows. Now that word is out he’s playing new songs and not “the hits”, not a single show will be sold out.

Nnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnit mate

what was the crowd like - seemed kind of muted and not that busy but I'm going from 3 videos anyone said if it was packed or ?

what was the crowd like - seemed kind of muted and not that busy but I'm going from 3 videos anyone said if it was packed or ?
Exactly that. During the preshow it sounded like a library in there. A little more lively inside the pit during the show but the seated sections were probably asleep. As someone said, Our Frank and First Of The Gang got the loudest response.

Wow. Apologising for having grown old.

And that last refrain about swallowing hospital food without choice is such a depressing representation of end of life.

What a depressing song.
Well, he has said sorry for growing old before and not looking great etc.
I think it's often on his mind, which is natural. He talks in his autobiography about age and what it has done to his appearance his once sexual appeal has become a more paternal one

As for this song, it works in as much as it can seem anthemic " I live in oblivion and it suits me very well" but really the story is a harrowing take on the story of an elderly person in the hospital
As far as I can make out this is a story about someone who is elderly, infirm maybe with Alzheimer's or something and they are treated like children - Often when the family are in the room. So they are humiliated in front of their own family
You know when they feed the elderly person the whole "come on there you go , open up ...What a good good boy"
It is powerful, depressing, but a strange joy also

Well, he has said sorry for growing old before and not looking great etc.
I think it's often on his mind, which is natural. He talks in his autobiography about age and what it has done to his appearance his once sexual appeal has become a more paternal one

As for this song, it works in as much as it can seem anthemic " I live in oblivion and it suits me very well" but really the story is a harrowing take on the story of an elderly person in the hospital
As far as I can make out this is a story about someone who is elderly, infirm maybe with Alzheimer's or something and they are treated like children - Often when the family are in the room. So they are humiliated in front of their own family
You know when they feed the elderly person the whole "come on there you go , open up ...What a good good boy"
It is powerful, depressing, but a strange joy also
I assumed it was about his mum. His last and first memories of her; they care for you then you care for them sort-of-thing.

It’s

It’s about his mum, isn’t it? His last and first memories of her.
I expect it's partly about his mum, the initial impulse that is probably going to be true of most songs, from Dog onwards, in a sense.
However, I do not think this is especially, only about his mother. As he states the person is male
Im wondering if you listen to the whole song?
Did you not hear-
"
"One more spoonful
There's a good boy
There's a good boy
Oh, there's a good boy
There's a good boy
Oh there's a good boy
There's a good boy
There's a good boy
There's a good boy
There's a good boy
Oh there's a good boy
There's a good boy"

I guess if his mum has a sex change, and became Mathew Kelly, it could be about her.
The other point is , I doubt very much he would have sat there and let a nurse feed is mum and talk to her in that spirit
However, maybe you are right. I have only listened a few times via a youtube video
I'm open to the prospect I'm wrong. I don't mean to sound like one of those who thinks they shadow every thought of M's and now his inner motivations

Did you like the song?

Regarding Morrissey bristling at Oasis 'Don't Look Back in Anger' being sung at the vigil for the Manchester Arena Bombing victims, ironically 'There is a Light' was also sung:

"Other songs from the city’s rich musical history have also provided comfort to residents. At a vigil for the victims on Tuesday evening, a man could be heard chanting “There is a light that never goes out”, a reference to the song by the Smiths of the same name."

https://www.theguardian.com/uk-news...-in-anger-becomes-symbol-of-manchester-spirit

Morrissey is definately on the blacklist by the record companies, Bonfire of Teenagers and the songs heard are enough to deserved to be in out collection. I'm grateful to the one who put up the new songs, and sad , to feel, no decent [what's in the name] label will sign Him, he is what we are joking of 15-20 years ago...3 times a year 5 shows in Las Vegas. God , please ... 1 record company:cry:
Hands-on heart
Would you sign him, based on the song Bonfire?

There is no conspiracy.

Nowhere close to being a sellout for any of the Moz Vegas shows. Entire top section tarped off and lower levels had numerous empty rows. Now that word is out he’s playing new songs and not “the hits”, not a single show will be sold out.

Nnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnit mate
‘Cock’ seems real.

I just finished reading all the pages and watching all the clips. This looks like it was magical and everyone who went was so lucky they got to go. Our Frank made me cry and that was even just watching on my iphone screen! My friend is going to all of these and initially I was planning to join but then it turned out I’m completely unable. I can’t even believe how comfortable that pit looked. This should have been the show(s) for meeeeee!

Just absolutely beautiful, Mozzy ❤️

I expect it's partly about his mum, the initial impulse that is probably going to be true of most songs, from Dog onwards, in a sense.
However, I do not think this is especially, only about his mother. As he states the person is male
Im wondering if you listen to the whole song?
Did you not hear-
"
"One more spoonful
There's a good boy
There's a good boy
Oh, there's a good boy
There's a good boy
Oh there's a good boy
There's a good boy
There's a good boy
There's a good boy
There's a good boy
Oh there's a good boy
There's a good boy"

I guess if his mum has a sex change, and became Mathew Kelly, it could be about her.
The other point is , I doubt very much he would have sat there and let a nurse feed is mum and talk to her in that spirit
However, maybe you are right. I have only listened a few times via a youtube video
I'm open to the prospect I'm wrong. I don't mean to sound like one of those who thinks they shadow every thought of M's and now his inner motivations

Did you like the song?
I think it’s a nod to either his mum or nurse telling him to just ‘plod on’ something you’re told from birth to do… ‘one more spoonful’ etc etc

Back
Top Bottom