Las Vegas, NV - The Colosseum at Caesars Palace (July 1, 2022) post-show

Post your info and reviews related to this concert in the comments section below. Other links (photos, external reviews, etc.) related to this concert will also be compiled in this section as they are sent in.

Setlist:

We Hate It When Our Friends Become Successful / Our Frank (last played '91) / Billy Budd / Knockabout World / Disappointed / I Am Veronica / Half A Person / Bonfire Of Teenagers (live debut) / Everyday Is Like Sunday / Rebels Without Applause (live debut) / Never Had No One Ever / Sure Enough, The Telephone Rings (live debut) / My Hurling Days Are Done (live debut) / I Live In Oblivion (live debut) / That's How People Grow Up / First Of The Gang To Die / Irish Blood, English Heart / Jack The Ripper // How Soon Is Now?

Setlist courtesy of FWD - with thanks to moz_angeles213 & setlist.fm

• Image posted by Famous when dead:

full

Last edited:
At least it rocks and Jesse Kills it on this one. All his lyrics nowadays are simple and half baked so it is good to at least hear a song with some energy.

Well, I still like his lyrics—and yes, some terrific Thin Lizzy-ish crunch and stomp on Telephone. Judging from this new batch, Bonfire is shaping up to be his best record in a long time. Even a dog can shake hands, so maybe even a handful of assorted Red Hot Chili Peppers and a Justin Bieber producer can participate on a good Morrissey album.

Well, I still like his lyrics—and yes, some terrific Thin Lizzy-ish crunch and stomp on Telephone. Judging from this new batch, Bonfire is shaping up to be his best record in a long time. Even a dog can shake hands, so maybe even a handful of assorted Red Hot Chili Peppers and a Justin Bieber producer can participate on a good Morrissey album.
It's not that the lyrics are bad per se, they are just really simple. I could have written that very easily and I think we should expect more from people who are not amateurs. I agree about Bonfire being his best in a long time because some of his more recent ones were pretty underwhelming. I'll say it will be his best album in 18 years, so that alone is a win.

By ear.
Live preamble:
This, this song is new.
It's about, it's about England's 9/11
And yes, I heard you, I heard what you just did under your breath.
And erh, as well you might.
Obviously, in jolly old England, most people won't talk about it.
But,
I will.

Bonfire of teenagers
Which is so high it made North West sky
Oh you shoulda seen her leave for the arena
And the way she turned and waved and smiled
Goodbye goodbye

And the silly people sing don't look back in anger
And the morons sing and sway
Don't look back in anger
I can assure you I will look back in anger 'till the day I die.

Bonfire of teenagers
And oh you shoulda seen her leave for the arena only to be
Vaporised
Vaporised
And all the silly people say
Don't look back in anger
All the morons sing and sway
Don't look back in anger
I can assure you I will look back in anger 'till the day I die

Go easy on the killer
Go easy on the killer
Go easy on the killer
Go easy on the killer
Easy on, go easy on the killer
Go easy on, go easy on the killer

Well, there goes my theory that record companies won't touch this album due to the title track's lyrics perhaps being seen as anti-Muslim or racist in some way.

They're profoundly contrarian - but honestly not very controversial. (I guess it might be portrayed as him having a dig at Noel/Liam, but it's not that, is it? It's a dig at the people who blindly go along with such mawkish bollocks.)

I thought it was supposed to be 'the songs that made you cry and the songs that saved your life' or something. Only about four or five of these songs qualify for me, but then I didn't buy a ticket anyway!

By ear.
Live preamble:
This, This passion play...
That you call life...
When you come to the end, you will be either:
Shoved in a hospice,
Shoved in a home,
or at the mercy of the N_HS.
Which is a fate worse than life.
And this song is I Live In Oblivion

I apologise I grew old
I apologise I grew tired
I apologise I grew old

And now I live in oblivion
And it suits me very well
I live in oblivion and it suits me very well
And the only thing that can kill me is the hospital food
And the only one left to visit me is you

I knew the best, the worst, the last
I knew them all
I set the world on fire and now I'm tired

And now I live in oblivion
And it suits me very well
I'll live in oblivion and it suits me very well
And the only thing that can kill me is the hospital food
And the only one left to visit me there is you

Shove it in your mouth
Come on
Open wide
One more spoonful
Down the hatch
One more spoonful
There's a good boy
There's a good boy
Oh, there's a good boy
There's a good boy
Oh there's a good boy
There's a good boy
There's a good boy
There's a good boy
There's a good boy
Oh there's a good boy
There's a good boy

makes me think of Philip Larkin.

By ear.
Live preamble:
This, this song is new.
It's about, it's about England's 9/11
And yes, I heard you, I heard what you just did under your breath.
And erh, as well you might.
Obviously, in jolly old England, most people won't talk about it.
But,
I will.

Bonfire of teenagers
Oh you shoulda seen her leave for the arena
And the way she turned and waved and smiled
Goodbye goodbye

And the silly people sing don't look back in anger
And the morons sing and sway
Don't look back in anger
I can assure you I will look back in anger 'till the day I die.

Bonfire of teenagers
And oh you shoulda seen her leave for the arena only to be
Vaporised
Vaporised
And all the silly people say
Don't look back in anger
All the morons sing and sway
Don't look back in anger
I can assure you I will look back in anger 'till the day I die

Go easy on the killer
Go easy on the killer
Go easy on the killer
Go easy on the killer
Easy on, go easy on the killer
Go easy on, go easy on the killer

Typical of the UK…. Slap on the wrist and diplomacy for the scumbags while the honest and dutiful bend over backwards.

Lyrics very real and very true…. Hopefully the tune is a grower.

I live in Oblivion

Moz is singin' about the cycle of life on this one.
Ya start in a baby state, needin' to be taken care of and
ya end in a baby state, needin' to be taken care of.
Moz seems pretty sad about it, but ya can actually break
that baby state if ya conscious about what's happenin'.

Really disappointed by the lyrics of 'Sure Enough, The Telephone Rings' and 'I Live in Oblivion' - they don't live up to the titles at all. "Oblivion" though, … God. The opening volley about being shoved in a hospice or home, then a song forecasting a lonely death in a hospital, infantilised and force-fed by staff with hardly any visitors. Christ.
That’s the reality for a lot of people.

Well yes. He’s always been one for highlighting the brutality of life. Surely it’s just the continuation of a theme. I don’t think any of us expected a Benny Hill treatment of the indignities of ageing. He probably still has an open complaint about the failure of the NHS to diagnose his mother’s illness, don’t forget.
I don't think any Moz fan expects the Benny Hill treatment of anything, no, but it's bleak even so. And yeah, inspired by his mother's experience no doubt.

Really disappointed by the lyrics of 'Sure Enough, The Telephone Rings' and 'I Live in Oblivion' - they don't live up to the titles at all. "Oblivion" though, … God. The opening volley about being shoved in a hospice or home, then a song forecasting a lonely death in a hospital, infantilised and force-fed by staff with hardly any visitors. Christ.
Is Morrissey too depressing for you? or just the right amount?

First time at a Morrissey concert and what a concert it was! Fantastic performances from an incredible tight band, and Morrissey with really strong vocals and in fine form. And to top all of that we got to hear 6 new songs from the, as yet, unreleased album. Every new song was a winner in my books - just really great fantastic music from one of the true artists of the ages. And I get to go back again tonight for more. Wow!

First time at a Morrissey concert and what a concert it was! Fantastic performances from an incredible tight band, and Morrissey with really strong vocals and in fine form. And to top all of that we got to hear 6 new songs from the, as yet, unreleased album. Every new song was a winner in my books - just really great fantastic music from one of the true artists of the ages. And I get to go back again tonight for more. Wow!
That's great to hear from someone who was there in person. On the videos I thought he looked really good, very sexy, but the songs full of complaints and criticisms and bitterness are not attractive at all. I guess he can only sing his life and be honest about it. Hope you enjoy tonight's show as much as the first or even more!

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom