Las Vegas, NV - The Colosseum at Caesars Palace (July 1, 2022) post-show

Post your info and reviews related to this concert in the comments section below. Other links (photos, external reviews, etc.) related to this concert will also be compiled in this section as they are sent in.

Setlist:

We Hate It When Our Friends Become Successful / Our Frank (last played '91) / Billy Budd / Knockabout World / Disappointed / I Am Veronica / Half A Person / Bonfire Of Teenagers (live debut) / Everyday Is Like Sunday / Rebels Without Applause (live debut) / Never Had No One Ever / Sure Enough, The Telephone Rings (live debut) / My Hurling Days Are Done (live debut) / I Live In Oblivion (live debut) / That's How People Grow Up / First Of The Gang To Die / Irish Blood, English Heart / Jack The Ripper // How Soon Is Now?

Setlist courtesy of FWD - with thanks to moz_angeles213 & setlist.fm

• Image posted by Famous when dead:

full

Last edited:
Via baby j photography:

291506257_1286911631842420_7917306697114875455_n.jpg
291366647_5342192209197120_441226937584320829_n.jpg
291513855_1214124409402039_6248544776304644387_n.jpg
291522511_766945607666445_5718518153025120638_n.jpg

FWD.

I Live in Oblivion sounds like a slowed down version of Jim Jim Falls.

Really disappointed by the lyrics of 'Sure Enough, The Telephone Rings' and 'I Live in Oblivion' - they don't live up to the titles at all. "Oblivion" though, … God. The opening volley about being shoved in a hospice or home, then a song forecasting a lonely death in a hospital, infantilised and force-fed by staff with hardly any visitors. Christ.

This is brilliant!

I never thought we’d hear him sing Our Frank again. Takes me right back to buying it on 7” single and seeing him live in ‘91; but somehow, magically, he sounds even better singing it now 31 years later.

I’m really thinking I need to try & book the night off work & get a ticket to see him play live in Birmingham in October. It would be excellent to see him & Alain on stage again playing a good mixture of old & new songs.

Excited to hear how these new Bonfire songs sound, too…

By ear.
Live preamble:
This, This passion play...
That you call life...
When you come to the end, you will be either:
Shoved in a hospice,
Shoved in a home,
or at the mercy of the N_HS.
Which is a fate worse than life.
And this song is I Live In Oblivion

I apologise I grew old
I apologise I grew tired
I apologise I grew old

And now I live in oblivion
And it suits me very well
I live in oblivion and it suits me very well
And the only thing that can kill me is the hospital food
And the only one left to visit me is you

I knew the best, the worst, the last
I knew them all
I set the world on fire and now I'm tired

And now I live in oblivion
And it suits me very well
I'll live in oblivion and it suits me very well
And the only thing that can kill me is the hospital food
And the only one left to visit me there is you

Shove it in your mouth
Come on
Open wide
One more spoonful
Down the hatch
One more spoonful
There's a good boy
There's a good boy
Oh, there's a good boy
There's a good boy
Oh there's a good boy
There's a good boy
There's a good boy
There's a good boy
There's a good boy
Oh there's a good boy
There's a good boy

Try not to judge too much by live listens, they can have a different feel when recorded.
I would also say, M doesn't do "concept lp's " as such. They tend to be mixed bags
If we are gonna go by what we heard, so far. I have to say. I am underwhelmed by the title track, its not great, in my mind. He actually seems a bit misdirected. I get where he's coming from but its not the most enlightened approach - being snarky at other people's attempts to deal and heal, isn't the best look
I also doubt very much he would actually say that in front of Liam (Liam would mock him until he cries and beat the shit out of him)
Also, it wasn't the UKs 9/11. In fact there have been lots of "troubles" in the UK . From being attacked by germans to IRA bombings.
What made 9/11 shocking was America hadn't been attacked.
That said, I don't hate the song and, mostly I agree with his emotional response

'America hadn't been attacked' - have you heard of Pearl Harbor? There have also been several very notable acts of terrorism in the USA over the past 150 years. The most recent one to 9/11 was the Oklahoma City bombing in 1995.
I think what he means by the comparison is the intention to slaughter innocent people and nothing else, rather than hit any sort of military or government target. That's what made 9/11 so shocking, and the attacks in Manchester and Paris, for example.
It's definitely a confrontational song - but what else would you expect from Moz?

This is brilliant!

I never thought we’d hear him sing Our Frank again. Takes me right back to buying it on 7” single and seeing him live in ‘91; but somehow, magically, he sounds even better singing it now 31 years later.

I’m really thinking I need to try & book the night off work & get a ticket to see him play live in Birmingham in October. It would be excellent to see him & Alain on stage again playing a good mixture of old & new songs.

Excited to hear how these new Bonfire songs sound, too…
Sounding 🔥. Our Frank and Sweet and Tender Hooligan as good if not better than anytime before. Hope you get to go.

Well, it’s not a great look, is it? You start into a song and hundreds of people in your audience get up and walk out.
I always used to go for a piss when he played Israel, and discovered it was a popular choice for a quick exit here in the UK.

Really disappointed by the lyrics of 'Sure Enough, The Telephone Rings' and 'I Live in Oblivion' - they don't live up to the titles at all. "Oblivion" though, … God. The opening volley about being shoved in a hospice or home, then a song forecasting a lonely death in a hospital, infantilised and force-fed by staff with hardly any visitors. Christ.
Well yes. He’s always been one for highlighting the brutality of life. Surely it’s just the continuation of a theme. I don’t think any of us expected a Benny Hill treatment of the indignities of ageing. He probably still has an open complaint about the failure of the NHS to diagnose his mother’s illness, don’t forget.

By ear.
Live preamble:
This, this song is new.
It's about, it's about England's 9/11
And yes, I heard you, I heard what you just did under your breath.
And erh, as well you might.
Obviously, in jolly old England, most people won't talk about it.
But,
I will.

Bonfire of teenagers
Which is so high it made North West sky
Oh you shoulda seen her leave for the arena
And the way she turned and waved and smiled
Goodbye goodbye

And the silly people sing don't look back in anger
And the morons sing and sway
Don't look back in anger
I can assure you I will look back in anger 'till the day I die.

Bonfire of teenagers
Which is so high it made North West sky
And oh you shoulda seen her leave for the arena only to be
Vaporised
Vaporised
And all the silly people say
Don't look back in anger
All the morons sing and sway
Don't look back in anger
I can assure you I will look back in anger 'till the day I die

Go easy on the killer
Go easy on the killer