Las Vegas, NV - The Colosseum at Caesars Palace (July 1, 2022) post-show

Post your info and reviews related to this concert in the comments section below. Other links (photos, external reviews, etc.) related to this concert will also be compiled in this section as they are sent in.

Setlist:

We Hate It When Our Friends Become Successful / Our Frank (last played '91) / Billy Budd / Knockabout World / Disappointed / I Am Veronica / Half A Person / Bonfire Of Teenagers (live debut) / Everyday Is Like Sunday / Rebels Without Applause (live debut) / Never Had No One Ever / Sure Enough, The Telephone Rings (live debut) / My Hurling Days Are Done (live debut) / I Live In Oblivion (live debut) / That's How People Grow Up / First Of The Gang To Die / Irish Blood, English Heart / Jack The Ripper // How Soon Is Now?

Setlist courtesy of FWD - with thanks to moz_angeles213 & setlist.fm

• Image posted by Famous when dead:

full

Last edited:
And so it begins. Dear God please help Morrissey on this leg of the tour. Even though he hasn’t kicked Tobias out yet, I’ll make the best of seeing him for three nights. If you can hear me please replace him with Boz.
No. Better you go away. And shout your mouth

I'd have been quite disappointed with that for a setlist tbh. Starts off great (Our Frank wow) then the mid-set lull of this is a new song. This is another new song. This is yawn, yawn, yawn and That's How People Grow Up (!?!?) ending with 4 songs that have been played more times than I've had COVID.
It's Morrissey's set list though not mine.

I'd have been quite disappointed with that for a setlist tbh. Starts off great (Our Frank wow) then the mid-set lull of this is a new song. This is another new song. This is yawn, yawn, yawn and That's How People Grow Up (!?!?) ending with 4 songs that have been played more times than I've had COVID.
It's Morrissey's set list though not mine.
even with new songs your still moaning.
doesnt matter what the setlist is people will always moan,he cant win.

Could have paced it so a new song was followed by a cherished golden oldie imo....
I'm sure the set list will change over the next few nights.

I didn't like Veronica at first. But now I think it is interesting. The bonfire of teenagers is so heartbreaking! And I live in oblivion is so depressing. Is a new album going to be dark? M breaks my heart😭

You obviously have a strong point, Gordy. I guess it’s just that some songs have been played to death. He has an abundance of fantastic material to choose from, yet he still comes back to HSIN, Sunday, Alma (not this particular gig, though), IBEH, Ripper, Fatty and Speedway (again, not this gig). Most of these songs are truly great, but they’ve been beaten to death and beyond. And the stuff he chooses from the classic nineties albums aren’t really the strongest songs from those albums, are they? “Our Frank” is no “Driving Your Girlfriend”, “Fatty” is no “We’ll Let You Know” , “Billy Budd” is no ”Now My Heart”. I know he’s very fond of being obstinate, but he should cater to some of us die-hards sometimes.

I burst into tears at the end of I Live In Oblivion and Bonfire Of The Teenagers.
There is so much cathartic anger and sarcasm in those lyrics.
So many repetitive lyrics.
Fillers due to lack of creativity.
In it for the money now.
What a dead and lifeless act.

You obviously have a strong point, Gordy. I guess it’s just that some songs have been played to death. He has an abundance of fantastic material to choose from, yet he still comes back to HSIN, Sunday, Alma (not this particular gig, though), IBEH, Ripper, Fatty and Speedway (again, not this gig). Most of these songs are truly great, but they’ve been beaten to death and beyond. And the stuff he chooses from the classic nineties albums aren’t really the strongest songs from those albums, are they? “Our Frank” is no “Driving Your Girlfriend”, “Fatty” is no “We’ll Let You Know” , “Billy Budd” is no ”Now My Heart”. I know he’s very fond of being obstinate, but he should cater to some of us die-hards sometimes.
I kind of agree with Bluebirds, who is an excellent person I must also say. If you do multiple gigs (the attendees choice) then there are some songs that could be put on the reserve list shall we say, in favour of lesser played songs. For example, Ripper has been done to death since 2016 now.

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom