Las Vegas, NV - The Colosseum at Caesars Palace (July 1, 2022) post-show

Post your info and reviews related to this concert in the comments section below. Other links (photos, external reviews, etc.) related to this concert will also be compiled in this section as they are sent in.

Setlist:

We Hate It When Our Friends Become Successful / Our Frank (last played '91) / Billy Budd / Knockabout World / Disappointed / I Am Veronica / Half A Person / Bonfire Of Teenagers (live debut) / Everyday Is Like Sunday / Rebels Without Applause (live debut) / Never Had No One Ever / Sure Enough, The Telephone Rings (live debut) / My Hurling Days Are Done (live debut) / I Live In Oblivion (live debut) / That's How People Grow Up / First Of The Gang To Die / Irish Blood, English Heart / Jack The Ripper // How Soon Is Now?

Setlist courtesy of FWD - with thanks to moz_angeles213 & setlist.fm

• Image posted by Famous when dead:

full

Last edited:
You do know this is just you assuming, right? This hasn’t happened. It’s hardly certain it would. Is the Morrissey audience really that fickle and easily offended? If so, why do you want to cater to these people? Also, I’m not sure people would hit the bars if he chose to play NMHIF instead of Billy Budd or Speedway for the umpteenth time.
I've watched through the clips on YouTube, but which bit was allegedly offensive?

I've watched through the clips on YouTube, but which bit was allegedly offensive?
No, go back and read our conversation again. This was not at all what was said.

You obviously have a strong point, Gordy. I guess it’s just that some songs have been played to death. He has an abundance of fantastic material to choose from, yet he still comes back to HSIN, Sunday, Alma (not this particular gig, though), IBEH, Ripper, Fatty and Speedway (again, not this gig). Most of these songs are truly great, but they’ve been beaten to death and beyond. And the stuff he chooses from the classic nineties albums aren’t really the strongest songs from those albums, are they? “Our Frank” is no “Driving Your Girlfriend”, “Fatty” is no “We’ll Let You Know” , “Billy Budd” is no ”Now My Heart”. I know he’s very fond of being obstinate, but he should cater to some of us die-hards sometimes.

You obviously have a strong point, Gordy. I guess it’s just that some songs have been played to death. He has an abundance of fantastic material to choose from, yet he still comes back to HSIN, Sunday, Alma (not this particular gig, though), IBEH, Ripper, Fatty and Speedway (again, not this gig). Most of these songs are truly great, but they’ve been beaten to death and beyond. And the stuff he chooses from the classic nineties albums aren’t really the strongest songs from those albums, are they? “Our Frank” is no “Driving Your Girlfriend”, “Fatty” is no “We’ll Let You Know” , “Billy Budd” is no ”Now My Heart”. I know he’s very fond of being obstinate, but he should cater to some of us die-hards sometimes.
There lies the problem, he has several different audiences mixed together.....the ones, that have only heard the most popular songs, the people that may have quit listening or not kept up with modern Morrissey,and then the true fans. Mix in Vegas residence and Bam you have the latest Playlist. And im extremely grateful I get to see this leg of 2022 summer Bonfire of Teenagers tour.Love love love this playlist

New crop of songs are promising - I’d say that they have the edge on Dog so far.

A non controversial comment - his voice remains a thing of wonder.

Loving these new tunes from Bonfire! and nice to see Hurling done 'live'.
Veronica sounds better to me this time around too. Moz seems in fine fettle, and the band are tight. Bravo Moz!

Is anyone up for ranking the four new songs? For me, it's 'Oblivion' first, then 'Bonfire', followed by 'The Telephone Rings' and finally 'Rebels'. Looking forward to hearing more new songs over the next week and listening to them in person on the UK tour!

Is anyone up for ranking the four new songs? For me, it's 'Oblivion' first, then 'Bonfire', followed by 'The Telephone Rings' and finally 'Rebels'. Looking forward to hearing more new songs over the next week and listening to them in person on the UK tour!
Telephone
Rebels
Oblivion
Bonfire
Roll on the Autumn Almanac

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom