Las Vegas, NV - The Colosseum at Caesars Palace (Aug. 28, 2021) post-show

Post your info and reviews related to this concert in the comments section below. Other links (photos, external reviews, etc.) related to this concert will also be compiled in this section as they are sent in.

Setlist:

Never Had No One Ever (solo debut) / Jim Jim Falls / I Wish You Lonely / Alma Matters / What Kind Of People Live In These Houses? (live debut) / Satan Rejected My Soul/ The Lazy Sunbathers (live debut) / Knockabout World (live debut) / Morning Starship / Wedding Bell Blues / Seasick, Yet Still Docked / This Night Has Opened My Eyes (solo debut) / I'm Throwing My Arms Around Paris / Back On The Chain Gang / Shoplifters Of The World Unite / Irish Blood, English Heart / Lady Willpower / Trouble Loves Me / Ouija Board, Ouija Board / Jacky's Only Happy When She's Up On The Stage // I've Changed My Plea To Guilty / Jack The Ripper

Setlist courtesy of dogged perseverance & Carlos Rodriguez.

• Merchandise booth photo posted by Famous when dead.

• Photo from @HoIdenMorrissey / Twitter. Link posted by NealCassidy.

• Photo posted by GirlAfraidWillNeverLearn:

• Steve Cochran - backdrop star identified by Famous when dead:

• Photos from dneur / Instagram. Link posted by Famous when dead:

Media item:

Last edited:
What were some of the intro songs, before the videos that were played? Does anyone have a list of those, along with the music videos played? Some of them I quite liked and enjoyed

What were some of the intro songs, before the videos that were played? Does anyone have a list of those, along with the music videos played? Some of them I quite liked and enjoyed
Only 1 caught so far:
Paul Jones - Thinking Ain't For Me
Regards,
FWD.

I'm throwing my arms around Paris!!?? Hell yes! That's exactly what I spent $300 to hear!! Thanks!!

I think the setlist was ACE! 🤩 Although I would've left Ouija Boars out, it's such a downer (or I never liked it). I don't think there were any fillers and good riddance for songs like kiss me a lot, Spanish speedway, etc. at the end of the day, you can't please everybody, it's just great yo have him back after all this chaos. It made sense having included all the covers (it's Vegas, and they are great), songs from the last album and a couple of Smiths gems (aren't they all?) I am sure he will make a little twist every night (not that I will be able to attend any) 😅 Enjoy the next shows!! Can't wait for a proper tour, would you come down to Latin America ? It's about time! 🇨🇷

Voice is impressive tbh, & nice to see the new band gelling.
Personally, I don't care about what's included/not included in the set list at all - he could just stand & sing the alphabet for me all night & that would be perfectly fine; just so good to see him back on stage & so well received by (what seems to be) a great & appreciative crowd.
Moz is back in the game! Excellent 1st night.

I know he's no spring chicken BUT......you'd have thought after being away from the stage for so long, he'd give it a bit more welly. Should smile more and grimace less also.
There seems to be a new Conneryesque affectation in his voice too.

But yes, Bryan Ferry is more animated live. And he’s got twelve years on Morrissey. From what I can hear, his voice didn’t sound great either. I hope it’s all just ring rust.

There seems to be a new Conneryesque affectation in his voice too.

But yes, Bryan Ferry is more animated live. And he’s got twelve years on Morrissey. From what I can hear, his voice didn’t sound great either. I hope it’s all just ring rust.
What did ya think of the set list Hovis ???

Ooh that version of Lazy Sunbathers, absolutely mint. Top one.

Not the set list I hoped for. On one hand, songs like Munich and If You Don’t are finally removed, but he’s still playing the bulk of the 2019/20 songs with a few nice exceptions. With Alain back on board and the enforced break he could really have done a new set. Here’s betting Never Had No One is dropped after one show as other Smiths songs have been before.
Please let us know when you get the setlist you hoped for.

It's been played to death but it's genuinely surprising that First of the Gang To Die wasn't played with Alain returning.

Is this the live debut of Sunbathers?
Maybe because he's the last of the gang to return? Too on the nose?

Last edited:
Nice outfit, hair looking good, voice in good shape.
For Morrissey at 62, this is all a lot better than most would have expected.
All we need now is a brilliant new album!

What did ya think of the set list Hovis ???
Not the barnstorming set list I’d hoped for. And certainly not a gig I’d want to be paying several hundred dollars for (which is what tickets near the front cost, I think).

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom