Morrissey Central "Las Vegas, 2022" - Vegas shows to showcase songs from "Bonfire of Teenagers" (May 20, 2022)

As per Morrissey Central:-

May 20, 2022

The Morrissey concerts in Las Vegas in July will showcase songs from the album 'Bonfire Of Teenagers', which was recorded in January 2021.

"The thrill of this album was the speed under which it was recorded. Considering the knots of grief I had experience[d] at the time, it made 'Bonfire' an incredible achievement for me."

Morrissey.

Wonder which songs will be played?

Media item:

I agree but even a few goods songs from him now a days seem far and wide. The quality of his music has significantly dropped. Those 3 albums you just listed have no redeeming quality of songs on them, let alone name any songs off those albums because they are literally tossed to the way side and I would be shocked if any fan said those albums were there favorite albums.
And I didn't mention the covers album, California Son, which I didn't even consider buying. The songs I did hear were godawful...Wedding Bell Blues? Really?

Personally, I quite like the albums and think it is remarkable how strong a singer and lyricist Moz is aged 63.
Nothing wrong with his voice. His lyrics and the songwriting in general are not up to standard. His lyric writing is a very peculiar case. To be so good for such a long stretch to what he has presented in the last 10 plus years is puzzling. He was an all time great, not so long ago.

I agree but even a few goods songs from him now a days seem far and wide. The quality of his music has significantly dropped. Those 3 albums you just listed have no redeeming quality of songs on them, let alone name any songs off those albums because they are literally tossed to the way side and I would be shocked if any fan said those albums were there favorite albums.
I honestly think World Peace is among M's strongest albums. It might be a bit too long and would have been even stronger without a couple of the weaker songs... LIHS is a disappointing album and Dogchain is uneven...

I honestly think World Peace is among M's strongest albums. It might be a bit too long and would have been even stronger without a couple of the weaker songs... LIHS is a disappointing album and Dogchain is uneven...
Yeah, could have done without Smiler with Knife, Kick the Bride Down the Aisle and Moutnjoy in particular. Do not think there should have been a second disc, although One of Our Own was a good song. I'm Not a Man is one of Morrissey's finest tracks. Staircase at the University, World Peace, Neal Cassidy, Istanbul and Kiss Me A Lot are all great songs. I think it is the strongest album post Ringleader, followed by I am Not a Dog, Low in High School, then Refusal in that order. Anyone else want to rank albums post Ringleader (I think most will agree that that was much stronger than anything that's followed it)?...

I was thinking just solo. We have this thread going now
I was thinking just solo. We have this thread going now.
hmmmm it’s hard to have favorites but I can name a few I’ve been listening to recently at the top of my head, have a go merchant, mute witness, driving your girlfriend home. The more you ignore me the closer I get, please help the cause against loneliness, pashernate love, Well let you know.

On the fence about Please Help the Cause and Mute Witness, but adore the rest. What was the last solo album you really loved? @Morrissey-so-old.com

oh i
On the fence about Please Help the Cause and Mute Witness, but adore the rest. What was the last solo album you really loved? @Morrissey-so-old.com
Years of refusal was a decent album that I liked every album after that I never really cared for. Just seems like the quality of the music didn’t match well with lyrics of the songs, just seemed there wasn’t a lot of love and energy in them, felt like songs he makes now are put out because he can put them out.

There is, remember, a tiny spot allocated each of us - 'Veronica' is saying we should make the most of the small opportunity we get in the grand scheme of things - our lives: 'why should each day be exactly the same'.

On the album as a whole, it will be interesting to see what the general style of it is - quite techno and groovy, like the last two albums, or more similar to the likes of Quarry, Refusal and World Peace. I cannot see it being much different to either of these two very much loose and generic styles. Thoughts anybody?...
Based on the available information, I would guess it has a light start spiced up with red hot chilly peppers and some raspower from Iggy, getting darker and more intense towards the end. And hopefully less infused with latino sounds.

Which of the other songs from “Bonfire…” will we get in addition to “I Am Veronica”?:
  1. Rebels Without Applause
  2. Kerouac Crack
  3. Ha Ha Harlem
  4. I Live In Oblivion
  5. Bonfire of Teenagers
  6. My Funeral
  7. Diana Dors
  8. I Ex-Love You
  9. Sure Enough, The Telephone Rings
  10. Saint In A Stained Glass Window
I’ll guess at “I Ex-Love You”, “Diana Dors” and “Bonfire of Teenagers”.

Which of the other songs from “Bonfire…” will we get in addition to “I Am Veronica”?:
  2. Kerouac Crack
  3. Ha Ha Harlem
  4. I Live In Oblivion
  5. Bonfire of Teenagers
  6. My Funeral
  7. Diana Dors
  8. I Ex-Love You

My Funeral and I Live In Oblivion.

Probably not Harlem because that’s the song Iggy guest appeared on isn’t it?

2. Kerouac Crack
  3. Ha Ha Harlem
  4. I Live In Oblivion
  5. Bonfire of Teenagers
  6. My Funeral
  7. Diana Dors
  8. I Ex-Love You
I don't recall but has much been said about any of the songs other than I Am Veronica?

I'm desperate to hear "Bonfire of Teenagers" just to know whether it's going to get him into heaps of new controversy or not...

When it became impossible to defend accusations of racism I not only lost interest but it destroyed listening to previous material, making it now stomach turning.
For all of his solo career I was in denial. Still in the angry stage.

I don't blame Sam or any knob for him destroying him. Why I gave so much to him is my fault.

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom