Morrissey Central "Las Vegas, 2022" - Vegas shows to showcase songs from "Bonfire of Teenagers" (May 20, 2022)

As per Morrissey Central:-

May 20, 2022

The Morrissey concerts in Las Vegas in July will showcase songs from the album 'Bonfire Of Teenagers', which was recorded in January 2021.

"The thrill of this album was the speed under which it was recorded. Considering the knots of grief I had experience[d] at the time, it made 'Bonfire' an incredible achievement for me."

Morrissey.

Wonder which songs will be played?

Media item:

Usually Morrissey's lyrics are so vivid and rich that you instantly connect. The connection is the key to Morrissey, he has made a career connecting with people, hence his devoted following. But Veronica? It says nothing to me about my life.
That's a fair enough appraisal but sometimes his songs say things to other people that may not concern you. He's not going to hit every note that clicks with you. I mean sometimes he's not singing about you. I put myself in that category also. I don't need every one of his songs to speak to me or save my life. Sometimes I just want a bit of jangle and nonsense.

Last edited:
"Since 2009, the label has been defunct, with its retained acts now recording for Warner Bros. Records directly. In 2014, the brand was revived as a management group founded by Oseary with Live Nation Entertainment." (From the Maverick wiki page)

So they are providing Moz with management ... but no record deal
No, he is managed by

Usually Morrissey's lyrics are so vivid and rich that you instantly connect. The connection is the key to Morrissey, he has made a career connecting with people, hence his devoted following. But Veronica? It says nothing to me about my life.
There is, remember, a tiny spot allocated each of us - 'Veronica' is saying we should make the most of the small opportunity we get in the grand scheme of things - our lives: 'why should each day be exactly the same'.

On the album as a whole, it will be interesting to see what the general style of it is - quite techno and groovy, like the last two albums, or more similar to the likes of Quarry, Refusal and World Peace. I cannot see it being much different to either of these two very much loose and generic styles. Thoughts anybody?...

There is, remember, a tiny spot allocated each of us - 'Veronica' is saying we should make the most of the small opportunity we get in the grand scheme of things - our lives: 'why should each day be exactly the same'.

On the album as a whole, it will be interesting to see what the general style of it is - quite techno and groovy, like the last two albums, or more similar to the likes of Quarry, Refusal and World Peace. I cannot see it being much different to either of these two very much loose and generic styles. Thoughts anybody?...
The bar is low for me. I cannot stand World Peace, Low, or Dog On a Chain and we will probably get a mix of those 3. I just think that he is an artist who's best days are behind him. If we get a few good songs out of him, that is the best we can hope for.

I do love all of the last 3 albums and will love Bonfire also for sure. The main reason as always will be: he has a lovely singing voive, a lovely singing voice!

The bar is low for me. I cannot stand World Peace, Low, or Dog On a Chain and we will probably get a mix of those 3. I just think that he is an artist who's best days are behind him. If we get a few good songs out of him, that is the best we can hope for.
I agree but even a few goods songs from him now a days seem far and wide. The quality of his music has significantly dropped. Those 3 albums you just listed have no redeeming quality of songs on them, let alone name any songs off those albums because they are literally tossed to the way side and I would be shocked if any fan said those albums were there favorite albums.

I agree but even a few goods songs from him now a days seem far and wide. The quality of his music has significantly dropped. Those 3 albums you just listed have no redeeming quality of songs on them, let alone name any songs off those albums because they are literally tossed to the way side and I would be shocked if any fan said those albums were there favorite albums.
You don’t find any redeeming qualities in Smiler With Knife, Home is a Question Mark or Once I Saw the River Clean? I know your whole schtick is to be anti-Moz (you’re not very subtle or finessed), but even you should admit that these are great songs. I’m not a fan in general of his latter day output, but to say that those albums completely lack redeeming qualities is a bit rich.

Same with you! Or why do you come here?
To make makes things hard for you
You don’t find any redeeming qualities in Smiler With Knife, Home is a Question Mark or Once I Saw the River Clean? I know your whole schtick is to be anti-Moz (you’re not very subtle or finessed), but even you should admit that these are great songs. I’m not a fan in general of his latter day output, but to say that those albums completely lack redeeming qualities is a bit rich.
i honestly tried giving them a gander of a listen and they really did not appeal to me

Personally, I quite like the albums and think it is remarkable how strong a singer and lyricist Moz is aged 63.

To make makes things hard for you

i honestly tried giving them a gander of a listen and they really did not appeal to me
Fair enough. What are your ten all time favorite Morrissey songs?

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom