Morrissey Central "Las Vegas, 2022" - Vegas shows to showcase songs from "Bonfire of Teenagers" (May 20, 2022)

As per Morrissey Central:-

May 20, 2022

The Morrissey concerts in Las Vegas in July will showcase songs from the album 'Bonfire Of Teenagers', which was recorded in January 2021.

"The thrill of this album was the speed under which it was recorded. Considering the knots of grief I had experience[d] at the time, it made 'Bonfire' an incredible achievement for me."

Morrissey.

Wonder which songs will be played?

Media item:

what do you want him to do so that it's not boring, as you describe it
I’ll respond, assuming that you really want to know and are not just being saucy…it’s not so much what I want him to, it’s more what he can’t do anymore because of the infirmities of age that rack us all at some point or another….I guess what I am saying is that I miss the days of him being much more interactive with the audience, much more movement on stage, the whipping of the microphone, the laying half on/half off the stage, e.g. the inner sleeve of Beethoven ….etc, etc.

Again, without beating my head against the wall and expecting the wall to respond, I can’t say it enough…I understand that he just can’t do these things anymore.

It may have been more appropriate if my original post more emphasized what I miss most of a gig rather than what I am not being offered.

On the same hand, I‘m not sure if I would like it if I saw him prancing the stage like an old, half-decrepit Jick Magger.

To sum….I suppose I just miss the days of ’yore. As we all do as we age.

Be safe….

It's really been a LONG time since Morrissey was active on stage. I remember being shocked when I saw him way back on the Boxers tour - in 91/92 he'd been throwing himself around the stage, dancing and moving - all of a sudden he was mostly static, with the odd microphone whip the most you could expect. Somehow in that brief gap he'd changed his stage presence complely. And he wasn't even that old then.

Why doesn’t it mean anything? And how is it not a ‘proper duet or anything’?

Because he’s a guest like the other artists, so none of them mean anything then too?
Interlude was a proper duet. Marilyn Manson being an inaudible guest star on the new Kanye West album did nothing for his profile. Most hip hop albums are revolving doors for guest artists, so singular visits mean very little -- unless it's something like Dido singing on Eminem's Stan. Juicy J, French Montana, Kodak Black and BlocBoy JB among others quested on the last ASAP Rocky album -- have you ever even heard of them?

Interlude was a proper duet. Marilyn Manson being an inaudible guest star on the new Kanye West album did nothing for his profile. Most hip hop albums are revolving doors for guest artists, so singular visits mean very little -- unless it's something like Dido singing on Eminem's Stan. Juicy J, French Montana, Kodak Black and BlocBoy JB among others quested on the last ASAP Rocky album -- have you ever even heard of them?

maybe it’s not a duet? Could be a collaboration more like it.

But still, what ever one wants to call what they do together, it doesn’t mean “it really doesn’t mean anything” as you say. We’ve yet to hear it even.

I’ll respond, assuming that you really want to know and are not just being saucy…it’s not so much what I want him to, it’s more what he can’t do anymore because of the infirmities of age that rack us all at some point or another….I guess what I am saying is that I miss the days of him being much more interactive with the audience, much more movement on stage, the whipping of the microphone, the laying half on/half off the stage, e.g. the inner sleeve of Beethoven ….etc, etc.

Again, without beating my head against the wall and expecting the wall to respond, I can’t say it enough…I understand that he just can’t do these things anymore.

It may have been more appropriate if my original post more emphasized what I miss most of a gig rather than what I am not being offered.

On the same hand, I‘m not sure if I would like it if I saw him prancing the stage like an old, half-decrepit Jick Magger.

Be safe….
Weird because I think I see him moving about the stage a lot more recently than he has been in the last decade or so.

I was just thinking about it after reading a rather amusing edition of The Beano
I thought you were joking, but I looked into it anyway and, yes, I see it now: the Bash Street Kids are like the Dead End Kids that have featured in Morrissey's imagery recently. I noticed Billy Halop in a couple of Cruel World backdrops, including for I Am Veronica. What does it all mean, though? Maybe that when society restricts you, your only hope is to take whatever chances you get.

Now that Morrissey's B'Day has come and gone with no announcement of a new record contract or release dates for BOT or even the "I Am Veronica" single, it's really looking like he's still unsigned. So is showcasing BOT songs in Vegas a last attempt to get some label interest? How much longer do we think he'll hold out until he seriously explores self-releasing?

Now that Morrissey's B'Day has come and gone with no announcement of a new record contract or release dates for BOT or even the "I Am Veronica" single, it's really looking like he's still unsigned. So is showcasing BOT songs in Vegas a last attempt to get some label interest? How much longer do we think he'll hold out until he seriously explores self-releasing?

I know what we expect of Morrissey, but it may already have been in the bag for a while now, even if he hasn’t announced it yet.

With his new management and Guy Oseary at his birthday bash, could be a promising sign. Who knows?

He needs to play all new songs and a handful from his recent superior albums. Cut out all the “hits” that the mids want to hear. Cut out all Smiffs songs that belong buried in the past.

Nnnnnnnnnnnit, mate.

I know what we expect of Morrissey, but it may already have been in the bag for a while now, even if he hasn’t announced it yet.

With his new management and Guy Oseary at his birthday bash, could be a promising sign. Who knows?
"Sure enough the telephone rings".

Wasn't it Guy Oseary's place in Israel where M gave a private concert years ago?

"Sure enough the telephone rings".

Wasn't it Guy Oseary's place in Israel where M gave a private concert years ago?
Wasn’t there one ( a private gig) due in 2020 before covid struck
Think there was one in between the two scheduled dates in Tel Aviv and Haifa.

Things look like things, until we know what they actually are. Patience grasshopper.

Be safe….
It's really been a LONG time since Morrissey was active on stage. I remember being shocked when I saw him way back on the Boxers tour - in 91/92 he'd been throwing himself around the stage, dancing and moving - all of a sudden he was mostly static, with the odd microphone whip the most you could expect. Somehow in that brief gap he'd changed his stage presence complely. And he wasn't even that old then.

1653361498014.jpeg

The one Hooky was involved in was fabulous. This is a live version from his house!!

Wait, are you saying that’s Hooky’s living room??!!

Be safe….
I think it's difficult for us to watch our icons age, it reminds us of our own mortality

Oh no, heaven forbid you don't know what a Morrissey song means. Must be gibberish then.

There are a ton of Morrissey songs I love where I haven't a clue what he's on about. I would have to say I like them even more for that very reason.
Usually Morrissey's lyrics are so vivid and rich that you instantly connect. The connection is the key to Morrissey, he has made a career connecting with people, hence his devoted following. But Veronica? It says nothing to me about my life.

Usually Morrissey's lyrics are so vivid and rich that you instantly connect. The connection is the key to Morrissey, he has made a career connecting with people, hence his devoted following. But Veronica? It says nothing to me about my life.
You're too self-absorbed then, I think I must say, if you expect every song to be about you.

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom