Morrissey Central "Las Vegas, 2022" - Vegas shows to showcase songs from "Bonfire of Teenagers" (May 20, 2022)

As per Morrissey Central:-

May 20, 2022

The Morrissey concerts in Las Vegas in July will showcase songs from the album 'Bonfire Of Teenagers', which was recorded in January 2021.

"The thrill of this album was the speed under which it was recorded. Considering the knots of grief I had experience[d] at the time, it made 'Bonfire' an incredible achievement for me."

Morrissey.

Wonder which songs will be played?

Media item:

With regards to low ticket sales for Las Vegas…for me personally, I’m not sure I would even go if I was visiting my folks there. It hurts me to say this, but Morrissey concerts have just become really boring. I get it, he’s not 35 or even 45 anymore. So I’m not knocking him…but there were some shows that I had the chance to go to locally, and I just couldn’t shell out the money to go. I honestly get quite bored and that disappoints me more than anyone.

And I am not the ‘casual’ follower…I made sure to take each one of my kids to at least one show before they got too old. I’ve seen him about 15 times. Unfortunately, none before 1997, so I missed the the ‘crazy’ shows of the early 90’s.

Again, I get it. He’s in his younger 60’s. And nobody should expect the Moz of 1992 anymore. But when it comes to spending money on a couple of tickets…it just isn’t worth it to me anymore, and nobody is more sad about that than myself.

Be safe and well…
what do you want him to do so that it's not boring, as you describe it

Cast your mind back to

World peace.......
Things were truly hopeless then....

Then through the fog and the mist ..

Pamela Anderson ......

Then a full release...... for only one week as Mozz carried his self on with his mouth .

Lez .... how many times have we all been here with the usual patter of deals, tours, ECT .

We shall all meet in near places ...
I’m not hopeful CB; if he simply wanted the record released he could pretty much do that tomorrow. So he’s clearly holding out for an old-fashioned deal with bells on. And I don’t think that’s realistic at the moment.

Previously, there were always new bands championing The Smiths and keeping Morrissey in the cultural consciousness; it all seemed evergreen. But not now: the PR companies controlling the media profiles of new artists will be blocking mentions of Morrissey.

And whilst there will doubtless be a revival, guitar bands are currently the penchant of old f***ers like us. Why would a record label gift Morrissey millions when they can simply keep selling his shrinking, ageing, audience the back catalogue three, four and five times over? He needs to come to terms with that, otherwise that record will be in the safe a long time.

A light at the end of the tunnel might be the ASAP record, which should/will lift Morrissey’s profile. But even this release seems to have stalled (last year, ASAP said it would be out April ‘22).

He will as ever do as he pleases, but that’s our loss as much as his. So, I personally find it all a little frustrating. That resolve, formerly admired, is starting to look a little like delusional thinking.

I’m not hopeful CB; if he simply wanted the record released he could pretty much do that tomorrow. So he’s clearly holding out for an old-fashioned deal with bells on. And I don’t think that’s realistic at the moment.

Previously, there were always new bands championing The Smiths and keeping Morrissey in the cultural consciousness; it all seemed evergreen. But not now: the PR companies controlling the media profiles of new artists will be blocking mentions of Morrissey.

And whilst there will doubtless be a revival, guitar bands are currently the penchant of old f***ers like us. Why would a record label gift Morrissey millions when they can simply keep selling his shrinking, ageing, audience the back catalogue three, four and five times over? He needs to come to terms with that, otherwise that record will be in the safe a long time.

A light at the end of the tunnel might be the ASAP record, which should/will lift Morrissey’s profile. But even this release seems to have stalled (last year, ASAP said it would be out April ‘22).

He will as ever do as he pleases, but that’s our loss as much as his. So, I personally find it all a little frustrating. That resolve, formerly admired, is starting to look a little like delusional thinking.
ASAP Rocky is currently facing a possible 14 years in prison for a shooting. He’s got more on his mind. Court case is in August.

ASAP Rocky is currently facing a possible 14 years in prison for a shooting. He’s got more on his mind. Court case is in August.
Yes, I heard he’d been arrested. I’ve seen brief details of the case, and it seems to me that he’s more embroiled than directly culpable. I hope so, anyway.

The last ASAP Rocky had more than ten guest features, as is usual with hip hop albums. So if Morrissey even makes the album, it doesn't really mean anything. It's not a proper duet or anything like that.

The last ASAP Rocky had more than ten guest features, as is usual with hip hop albums. So if Morrissey even makes the album, it doesn't really mean anything. It's not a proper duet or anything like that.
I think Morrissey has production and writing credits too, which makes it a little more significant. Either way, the association has already worked to trigger more interest in Morrissey amongst my kids. And given he’s supporting The Chili Peppers together with Beck (if bail affords it?) it’s becoming increasingly easy to join dots and make stronger connections with Morrissey.

With regards to low ticket sales for Las Vegas…for me personally, I’m not sure I would even go if I was visiting my folks there. It hurts me to say this, but Morrissey concerts have just become really boring. I get it, he’s not 35 or even 45 anymore. So I’m not knocking him…but there were some shows that I had the chance to go to locally, and I just couldn’t shell out the money to go. I honestly get quite bored and that disappoints me more than anyone.

And I am not the ‘casual’ follower…I made sure to take each one of my kids to at least one show before they got too old. I’ve seen him about 15 times. Unfortunately, none before 1997, so I missed the the ‘crazy’ shows of the early 90’s.

Again, I get it. He’s in his younger 60’s. And nobody should expect the Moz of 1992 anymore. But when it comes to spending money on a couple of tickets…it just isn’t worth it to me anymore, and nobody is more sad about that than myself.

Be safe and well…
I agree, with what you are saying but I think its wrong to keep saying "hes not 45 or 65" as if thats an excuse
I do not mean this in a rude way. but this isn't 1955. Rock N Roll, is not a teenage thing. Lots of old artists put on great 2 hrs hours or energetic 1hr shows. They at least make an event of it
Lots of artists are still hugely popular into their 70s etc
As I say Bauhaus, the singer is 64 or 65. Iggy is what 70s? Sparks go to town on the reg and they are in their 70s
Bryan Ferry does a great show, hes in his 70s .
M hasn't given it some welly, for a long long time, some would say, the last time was the early 90s
His shows in his 40s, have mainly been walking about and doing the odd pose- he should be able to do that.
I think its down to this, he just does not seem to care. He seems to take the audience for granted.
He seems "over it" but only because he tours too much
I think he still loves singing and still loves being live. I just think, he gigs way way too much

This is I agree with.
I think people like his more leaching friends (you know like the bandmates and family members and long time friends) who agree with everything he says, have put him here, as much as himself.
The ones who do their "I stand by M" social media updates.
He needed more like Linder, and more bandmates like Johnny who would tell him how it is
The leaches he has around have blown so much smoke up his arse for so long, when he speaks all you see is smoke signals.

I disagree with the A$AP Rockey thing, it will not help M that much. The hip hopers will just see it as Rocky having a laugh with, I quote, " some racist British Fag"
Read Reddit, social media or speak to your average hip hoper, lots just slate M
Others may respect moz. They may think he seems "ccol" but they wont buy his records. Hip Hop is a different beast to rock/pop.
The only way that mash up works, is it makes it harder to say M is racist. Thats it .
Also, Rocky has made and scraped that lp at least once already. There is every chance he will remake the lp and not even have M on it ( I hope that isn't the case)

I personally think M could turn this around. He needs to get back to UK, get a whole new band, there are loads of artists around better than his current band.
Come out with something new a powerful - by Alain's own admission he just apes Johnny. Jesse is kinda also doing that, in a more heavy-handed power chord way . Its tired.

I do like the new bass player, he seems to have the energy and spirit the band needs.
Maybe get boz or Alain to direct the music but get the Columbian guy to get more band members
Once the band is fixed, move away from Mr Vegas and do mobile residencies. Various critics in USA. UK , Europe

Anyway, I love the guy and wish him well.

Yes, and I believe tomorrow is the 5th anniversary of the tragedy.
Morrissey shares his birthday with the Manchester Arena bombing? Yikes, that's another reason the event is going to be always on his mind.

Look at Damon Albarn/Gorillaz. Last album Song Machine consist of collaborations. And Gorillaz is pretty famous because of the collabs. So maybe it’s not a bad idea for Morrissey too?

Look at Damon Albarn/Gorillaz. Last album Song Machine consist of collaborations. And Gorillaz is pretty famous because of the collabs. So maybe it’s not a bad idea for Morrissey too?
He was given the opportunity to do a vocal for Gorillaz; not being one to accept a gift horse he turned the chance down.

The last ASAP Rocky had more than ten guest features, as is usual with hip hop albums.

So if Morrissey even makes the album, it doesn't really mean anything. It's not a proper duet or anything like that.

Why doesn’t it mean anything? And how is it not a ‘proper duet or anything’?

Because he’s a guest like the other artists, so none of them mean anything then too?

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom