Morrissey Central "Las Vegas, 2022" - Vegas shows to showcase songs from "Bonfire of Teenagers" (May 20, 2022)

As per Morrissey Central:-

May 20, 2022

The Morrissey concerts in Las Vegas in July will showcase songs from the album 'Bonfire Of Teenagers', which was recorded in January 2021.

"The thrill of this album was the speed under which it was recorded. Considering the knots of grief I had experience[d] at the time, it made 'Bonfire' an incredible achievement for me."

Morrissey.

Wonder which songs will be played?

Media item:

I think likely he already has a deal. At a recent show he said they are about to release a new single. . . something I don't think he'd say if there weren't firm plans in place. "I Am Veronica" is fantastic and I am looking forward to the new album.

This is all very, very exciting, but as an impoverished SEN teacher in the midst of a cost of living crisis, the cost of tickets, travel, accommodation etc. means that I'll be watching from the stalls...5000 miles away.

If there are any generous millionaires out there who wish to help out, please get in touch.
I could give you a nod in the right direction W....who all the Millionaires are on here........
Tameside Lez,
Gordy boy ,
Political revolution.

I’m sure they would love to support you, a hard working person who just wants a night out to see Mozz.

Come on guys.... get yer cash out 😁

I could give you a nod in the right direction W....who all the Millionaires are on here........
Tameside Lez,
Gordy boy ,
Political revolution.

I’m sure they would love to support you, a hard working person who just wants a night out to see Mozz.

Bless you, CB...but I won't hold my breath. I've considered selling a kidney...but a lifetime of Guinness means they are worth feck all.

Bless you, CB...but I won't hold my breath. I've considered selling a kidney...but a lifetime of Guinness means they are worth feck all.
I dunno. They’ve taken all that Guinness and still function. They’re obviously top-notch kidneys.
Sell ‘em. Both.

My mum used to take me and my brother there when we were kids.

View attachment 81519
Do you recall the massive dinosaurs outside, Surface? At least they seemed massive, in 1977.

It was a weirdly magical space, but endured an inauspicious decline: I understand that the zoo was ultimately so cash-strapped that the smaller ‘exhibits’ ended up being fed to the big cats. ‘Manchester…’.

Tameside Lez,
Gordy boy ,
Political revolution.

Tameside Les has two designer dogs to feed. And Belle Vue Zoo is now closed.

There are really only two reasons to advertise these as 'showcase' gigs for songs from an album that hasn't been released yet:

• An attempt to get a record deal. Invitations/Las Vegas jolly outing (probably with a hotel room thrown in free) for record company bigwigs, with the idea being that they see these new songs going down a storm in front of a sell-out crowd, are impressed by the material and reaction, and are persuaded to make Moz an offer.
  • A deal has already been signed, the album is going to be released on or around these dates, and this is part of the launch campaign.
Every day that passes without mention of a label or a release date, has me inclining more to the former than the latter.

Regarding the Veronica 'single' - don't forget that Morrissey owns the masters, and is only looking for a licensing deal. It's quite possible he could release the single digitally himself (again, to try and drum up publicity), and still try and license the full album afterwards.

I wants Bonfire on 'burning embers' splatter vinyl. Something like this:

ROD_STEWART_YOUNG%2BTURKS%2B-%2BORANGE%2BSPLATTER-238293.jpg

Last edited:
Yeah, I just had a look and the sales don't appear to be great. If he's showcasing the new album for potential record companies, he'll want sold out shows, not rows of empty seats.
I think that myth can be put to bed. Morrissey could sell out the Hollywood Bowl 10 times over and nobody would give him a deal. He has had that issue before and complained about it openly. He can do shows all over the world and record companies don't care. Besides, they see him as a catalog artist at this point. No fault of his own, artist just get older and nobody cares about their new material, no matter how great it may be. He is not alone in this all the 80's bands have been banished. Which is very sad because some beautiful music has been missed by so many. Maybe time to go the indie route with indie distro (he already has his own label). Does anyone buy CD's anymore???? The institution that he seeks to be apart of is dead!

Last edited:
There are really only two reasons to advertise these as 'showcase' gigs for songs from an album that hasn't been released yet:

• An attempt to get a record deal. Invitations/Las Vegas jolly outing (probably with a hotel room thrown in free) for record company bigwigs, with the idea being that they see these new songs going down a storm in front of a sell-out crowd, are impressed by the material and reaction, and are persuaded to make Moz an offer.
  • A deal has already been signed, the album is going to be released on or around these dates, and this is part of the launch campaign.
Every day that passes without mention of a label or a release date, has me inclining more to the former than the latter.

Regarding the Veronica 'single' - don't forget that Morrissey owns the masters, and is only looking for a licensing deal. It's quite possible he could release the single digitally himself (again, to try and drum up publicity), and still try and license the full album afterwards.
Let's just speak with complete candor here....he is promoting the shows because they are not selling well. Just look on Ticketmaster you don't have to guess. They drastically reduced the price this time around to make it more enticing, but it's not working so far. (my hypothesis is) The promoter ask Morrissey's team to put out a statement in the hopes that it would move ticket sales (the statement speaks directly to the shows). This is a rare thing for Moz to promote a show. He usually doesn't have to do such things.

Last edited:
Do you recall the massive dinosaurs outside, Surface? At least they seemed massive, in 1977.

It was a weirdly magical space, but endured an inauspicious decline: I understand that the zoo was ultimately so cash-strapped that the smaller ‘exhibits’ ended up being fed to the big cats. ‘Manchester…’.

I do Les, I grew up in Bardsley and went to Belle View from being 6 to 10 years old it was a weekend or bank holiday treat (can't remember which) so everything looked big back then!!

This is all very, very exciting, but as an impoverished SEN teacher in the midst of a cost of living crisis, the cost of tickets, travel, accommodation etc. means that I'll be watching from the stalls...5000 miles away.

If there are any generous millionaires out there who wish to help out, please get in touch.
I identify with you absolutely, my profession also suffered an incredible impoverishment, and sometimes I wonder why I studied so much

I think that myth can be put to bed. Morrissey could sell out the Hollywood Bowl 10 times over and nobody would give him a deal. He has had that issue before and complained about it openly. He can do shows all over the world and record companies don't care. Besides, they see him as a catalog artist at this point. No fault of his own, artist just get older and nobody cares about their new material, no matter how great it may be. He is not alone in this all the 80's bands have been banished. Which is very sad because some beautiful music has been missed by so many. Maybe time to go the indie route with indie distro (he already has his own label). Does anyone buy CD's anymore???? The institution that he seeks to be apart of is dead!

What myth are you talking about I agree, in the right place at the right time/venue he can sell a lot of tickets but the Vegas shows are not selling at all. Fiona posted a link to the ticket availability and there are literally hundreds of tickets available for every night. Hopefully they will sell out nearer the time.

Last edited:
Gary Numan's Intruder album from 2021 went to #2 in UK, as did his Savage album in 2017. Both brilliant albums. I buy vinyl and CD if it's an artist I love. I'm probably the exception. The Cure will be releasing a new album later this year. You could argue that Numan and The Cure are 70's bands but they certainly became popular in the 80's and survived despite long hiatus. Same for New Order and Depeche Mode, John Carpenter, The The released their brilliant 'comeback special' triple vinyl/CD recently. Pixies still going strong (kind of).

I just wish he would clarify if he has a record deal and what is happening with the new single.
Don't leave us in the dark!
Exactly! For once Moz should....have a care but don't stare because we're still here, lamenting record labels, label managers, silly women journalists, tacky men, uninformed DJs, they who wish to hurt Moz work within the law of diminishing returns.

It feels as though an announcement
Could be imminent .....Veronica being played live last week, New songs from Bonfire at the next shows being unveiled .... There’s a move on I tells yas 😎

My 2 cents...Morrissey is in a tight spot. Ticket sales are really bad just 1.5 months out. You would think the die hard fans would've purchased at this point and no sign of Veronicla release date. Tied to that his absolute insistence on vinyl releases (ref BMG and Its Over) so I can't see any online only release. He needs to get Veronica out there to stimulate interest but who knows ....if there's no announcement on the 22nd then I doubt there's a deal in place and who knows the Creluel World Fest was as good as it gets for him now. Tough position for such a cultural icon ....look at James, New Order etc.selling out large arenas...Moz should be there now but so many bad moves/I'll judged comments have brought us here....still love him and his work and such a pity DOAC didn't get the credit it so rightly desereved

I really have no idea why he does dumb things like putting up a mocked-up album cover that will almost certainly not be the actual cover. what on earth would he be trying to achieve doing that??
From memory the “Mocked-up” album covers for the last few albums have unfortunately ended up being the actual covers. I’m fully expecting this one to be no different.

Gary Numan's Intruder album from 2021 went to #2 in UK, as did his Savage album in 2017. Both brilliant albums. I buy vinyl and CD if it's an artist I love. I'm probably the exception. The Cure will be releasing a new album later this year. You could argue that Numan and The Cure are 70's bands but they certainly became popular in the 80's and survived despite long hiatus. Same for New Order and Depeche Mode, John Carpenter, The The released their brilliant 'comeback special' triple vinyl/CD recently. Pixies still going strong (kind of).
I should have clarified I meant in the US. Obviously, you are talking about England where the music world is very different. They have elevated taste and it's a small country where your loyal fan base can take you into the charts. What Mr. Newman did was nothing short of amazing. To get people to still care about him is wonderful thing. Morrissey's albums (new ones) always chart because of his loyal fan base. Same with the others that you have mentioned. In America we devalue the "old" (people, bands, etc). Which is very unwise since they have lived the most and have the most experience (some might say the wisest).

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom