Morrissey Central "Las Vegas, 2022" - Vegas shows to showcase songs from "Bonfire of Teenagers" (May 20, 2022)

As per Morrissey Central:-

May 20, 2022

The Morrissey concerts in Las Vegas in July will showcase songs from the album 'Bonfire Of Teenagers', which was recorded in January 2021.

"The thrill of this album was the speed under which it was recorded. Considering the knots of grief I had experience[d] at the time, it made 'Bonfire' an incredible achievement for me."

Morrissey.

Wonder which songs will be played?

Media item:

I don’t know if going to the show just to experience a few songs debuted is an incentive to go. Maybe for some it is.

And I’m sure it won’t be ‘a lot of songs’.

No it isn't a good strategy at all. Particularly if they are expecting Las Vegas tourists to fill up the venue. They're not longtime fans, they'll want the hits.

Album cover is fine, not the best but nowhere near LIHS level terrible. It's a nice picture of young M, my only issue is the text could be clearer. What's funny is all the fans proudly posting their own versions all over social media, most of which are a lot worse than the original.

The photo of teenaged Morrissey is great but maybe with a less suburban background it would be more interesting - say for example Belle Vue in Manchester, circa 1972.

My mum used to take me and my brother there when we were kids.

FF4F8419-3B6C-450D-8B49-555884D039F8.jpeg

Absurd that he still has not gotten over his boomerish old-line "record deal" obsession and just released the thing already via some combo of online (Bandcamp etc. - he'd break the Bandcamp record in hours I'm sure, and probably make more in online royalites than he can expect these days in the way of advances from some old-school record company deal) and boutique cd/vinyl release (like David Tibet does with his albums via House of Mythology; ditto Revolutionary Army of the Infant Jesus using Bandcamp and boutique hard copy cd/vinyl label).

Ridiculous to be sitting on the album for nearly a year and half already!

Absurd that he still has not gotten over his boomerish old-line "record deal" obsession and just released the thing already via some combo of online (Bandcamp etc. - he'd break the Bandcamp record in hours I'm sure, and probably make more in online royalites than he can expect these days in the way of advances from some old-school record company deal) and boutique cd/vinyl release (like David Tibet does with his albums via House of Mythology; ditto Revolutionary Army of the Infant Jesus using Bandcamp and boutique hard copy cd/vinyl label).

Ridiculous to be sitting on the album for nearly a year and half already!
I agree. Doesn't he have his own Étienne label thing? Freedom and simplicity. Record deals are outdated, let's face it, and it's always been stressful for him. But without it will be hard to find some higher level executives to blame if they don't promote it enough or if it doesn't chart. Charts are outdated too, let's face it. But also promotion can be easier and/or cheaper when you're part of a larger corporation. I think a lot will depend on the Asap Rocky album, how much he has contributed to the final project etc. We're also waiting for a release date for that album (All Smiles), been talked about since May 2019.

"Morrissey Talks New Album, Future Of Etienne Records" - Nov 15, 2017:
The English singer built his own record label, Etienne, to release and distribute Low In High School, in part to avoid the sort of public meltdown that plagued his previous relationship with Harvest Records, ultimately resulting in his 2014 LP, World Peace Is None Of Your Business, being dropped by the label just three weeks after its release.

Speaking on the future plans for his new label, Morrissey explained, "Whatever happens in the world, music is for eternity. It's a great pleasure and very healthy to produce and create, and I'd love to expand Etienne and sign up music that counts."

I agree. Doesn't he have his own Étienne label thing? Freedom and simplicity. Record deals are outdated, let's face it, and it's always been stressful for him. But without it will be hard to find some higher level executives to blame if they don't promote it enough or if it doesn't chart. Charts are outdated too, let's face it. But also promotion can be easier and/or cheaper when you're part of a larger corporation. I think a lot will depend on the Asap Rocky album, how much he has contributed to the final project etc. We're also waiting for a release date for that album (All Smiles), been talked about since May 2019.

"Morrissey Talks New Album, Future Of Etienne Records" - Nov 15, 2017:
The English singer built his own record label, Etienne, to release and distribute Low In High School, in part to avoid the sort of public meltdown that plagued his previous relationship with Harvest Records, ultimately resulting in his 2014 LP, World Peace Is None Of Your Business, being dropped by the label just three weeks after its release.

Speaking on the future plans for his new label, Morrissey explained, "Whatever happens in the world, music is for eternity. It's a great pleasure and very healthy to produce and create, and I'd love to expand Etienne and sign up music that counts."
Was Etienne not just an “imprint” (i.e. on a major label but gets to put his own logo on it for indie credibility)?

That was a perfect and organic opportunity to mention the release date. Which makes me worried there isn't a release date. The current backlog of albums waiting for vinyl release makes me wonder how long we'll be waiting for Bonfire. I'm hoping it is more than just an online release of mp3s downloads.

Sleeve work is better than the earlier, I guess he may be identifying with the teenagers of the tragedy by using that image? or not.

Anyway I predict Veronica to be released in time for these Vegas shows and hopefully the album in August or Sept with a tour for it. :crystalball:
A physical release? Don't they need to be lined up 5 to 6 months in advance, especially with the current traffic jam with getting vinyl records pressed? We could see an mp3 and CD release soon-ish followed months later by vinyl. Like with 'The Batman' and John Carpenter's 'Firestarter', to name just a couple.

Yeah, that cover is a lot better. Agree the font is bad, and not very clear. But I'll take it. The back cover is fantastic.

Unusual for Moz to get his grammar all southpaw.

Considering the knots of grief I had experience at the time, it made...

A physical release? Don't they need to be lined up 5 to 6 months in advance, especially with the current traffic jam with getting vinyl records pressed? We could see an mp3 and CD release soon-ish followed months later by vinyl. Like with 'The Batman' and John Carpenter's 'Firestarter', to name just a couple.
As it says at the top of the page.. he will be showcasing songs the Bonfire album. It hasn’t been advertised as A new album... or a new release.
So my guess is Action that he still hasn’t a deal yet 😔

This is all very, very exciting, but as an impoverished SEN teacher in the midst of a cost of living crisis, the cost of tickets, travel, accommodation etc. means that I'll be watching from the stalls...5000 miles away.

If there are any generous millionaires out there who wish to help out, please get in touch.

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom