Morrissey Central "Las Vegas, 2022" - Vegas shows to showcase songs from "Bonfire of Teenagers" (May 20, 2022)

As per Morrissey Central:-

May 20, 2022

The Morrissey concerts in Las Vegas in July will showcase songs from the album 'Bonfire Of Teenagers', which was recorded in January 2021.

"The thrill of this album was the speed under which it was recorded. Considering the knots of grief I had experience[d] at the time, it made 'Bonfire' an incredible achievement for me."

Morrissey.

Wonder which songs will be played?

Media item:

Nice

I was just thinking about Bonfire, having finished reading a really rather depressing biography of Jack Kerouac last night.

I'm glad we're going to hear some more songs, but the fact that this is being advertised as a 'showcase' for the album makes me worried that a record deal has still not yet been signed (a 'forthcoming on BMG/whoever 'or a release date would surely have been mentioned here), and that these Vegas gigs will be trying to drum up offers from whatever record company execs/A&R men have been invited. Which means we are still a looooooong way from anything actually getting released. That's if anyone makes an offer at all.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but all we've had is a vague mention at the recent live shows of 'I Am Veronica' being a new single, but zero details. I think at this point, Morrissey is still unsigned, and anything else is just hope at this point.

That cover is so much better. It’s funny what a little alteration can do...
Imagine...real news from Moz Central! Are we in some parallel universe?

Excellent news, but release date when? Announcement on his birthday, perhaps?? My only mistake is I'm hoping...

Look forward to hearing them, he could play 2 or 3 different songs from the album each night, so he gets them all out there.

That cover is so much better. It’s funny what a little alteration can do...
Imagine...real news from Moz Central! Are we in some parallel universe?
text isn't particularly clear

This is great news. The chances of us seeing the album this year seem to be increasing.

For those keen to witness the new tracks, the live debuts will be a fine opportunity. Some may have the discipline to hold out for the studio versions, which should hopefully come at some point soon.

Morrissey always holds his latest work in high regard, and I am glad they included a quote from him regarding this LP. While fans may not always affirm his curation of his own canon, I appreciate that he tries to champion his latest output, and for this reason I believe he will continue - in his own idiosyncratic way - to push for the release of Bonfire of Teenagers.

so will it finally released soon or just a further/last attemp to get a deal?

Or an attempt to generate more interest in the gigs, the link to tickets on the Dodwell post shows that there are thousands unsold at the moment.

Sleeve work is better than the earlier, I guess he may be identifying with the teenagers of the tragedy by using that image? or not.

Anyway I predict Veronica to be released in time for these Vegas shows and hopefully the album in August or Sept with a tour for it. :crystalball:

Or an attempt to generate more interest in the gigs, the link to tickets on the Dodwell post shows that there are thousands unsold at the moment.
Yeah, I just had a look and the sales don't appear to be great. If he's showcasing the new album for potential record companies, he'll want sold out shows, not rows of empty seats.

I prefer the original cover, with rows of the same photo. Sure, it's not great, but at least it looks vaguely original.

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom