Morrissey Central "Las Vegas, 2022" - Vegas shows to showcase songs from "Bonfire of Teenagers" (May 20, 2022)

As per Morrissey Central:-

May 20, 2022

The Morrissey concerts in Las Vegas in July will showcase songs from the album 'Bonfire Of Teenagers', which was recorded in January 2021.

"The thrill of this album was the speed under which it was recorded. Considering the knots of grief I had experience[d] at the time, it made 'Bonfire' an incredible achievement for me."

Morrissey.

Wonder which songs will be played?

Media item:

It took 18 months before those songs which were played at the RAH (2002) got their physical release on an album. If anything, I expect things will move slower this time.

Nevertheless, the Vegas shows might provide an opportunity for a live album ensuring we get to have the some of the songs in some format quite soon—without diminishing the demand for the studio LP.

But this whole thing seems a little odd: Morrissey could sell out The Victoria Warehouse in Manchester within minutes, I’d say, and generate a significant and eye-catching news story/event without even trying.

Instead, he’s going to play a string of dates, where his energy will visibly diminish, in only part full auditoriums, in a desert. And perhaps boast about shifting a few t-shirts and Bowie records.

He loves doing it the hard way.

That would be a great venue to see him in.

Back when I was a fawning devotee I purchased a whole new DVD player just to watch it. Damn you, only releasing things in Region 1.
i had to find a code to hack my dvd player to make it region free.those were the days.i still have my oy esteban,need to dig it out and have a look.

What the hell does "I am Veronica" even mean? Seems like gibberish. My, how the mighty have fallen.
what does i am the walrus even mean.my,how the mighty have fallen.

Easily best cover art since Ringleader.

i had to find a code to hack my dvd player to make it region free.those were the days.i still have my oy esteban,need to dig it out and have a look.
He better not have, if he doesn’t want to end up like this again.
04473A14-55ED-4100-8B5C-FBDCB8A52FFB.jpeg

I'm glad we're going to hear some more songs, but the fact that this is being advertised as a 'showcase' for the album makes me worried that a record deal has still not yet been signed (a 'forthcoming on BMG/whoever 'or a release date would surely have been mentioned here), and that these Vegas gigs will be trying to drum up offers from whatever record company execs/A&R men have been invited. Which means we are still a looooooong way from anything actually getting released. That's if anyone makes an offer at all.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but all we've had is a vague mention at the recent live shows of 'I Am Veronica' being a new single, but zero details. I think at this point, Morrissey is still unsigned, and anything else is just hope at this point.
This exactly. There isn’t any new music being released any time soon, I’m afraid.

tomorrow is the fifth anniversary of the manchester bombing,maybe we will get a snippet of the song about that night.

To me showcase also means that he doesn't have a deal. Playing your new unreleased album (or a significant part of it) without a deal is a risky idea in the internet age. The live clips end soon in the internet and so the new album soon becomes an old one without even getting released. Just like the 2011 batch of tracks.

I was just thinking about Bonfire, having finished reading a really rather depressing biography of Jack Kerouac last night.
I was just thinking about it after reading a rather amusing edition of The Beano

The live clips end soon in the internet and so the new album soon becomes an old one without even getting released. Just like the 2011 batch of tracks.
If it ends up that a majority of tracks from the proposed new album are played in Vegas, I'm going to have a real hard time deciding whether to listen to the live recordings or not. The thrill of that first play of the studio album, putting the CD or vinyl on and discovering all these new songs for the first time is going to be gone if I'm already familiar with most of them. Then you also have the potential for a 'Mexico', 'Art-Hounds' situation - where the live version you fell in love with turns out to be far superior to the recorded version.

That said, I have no willpower, so will probably watch whatever youtube videos I can find!

That was a perfect and organic opportunity to mention the release date. Which makes me worried there isn't a release date. The current backlog of albums waiting for vinyl release makes me wonder how long we'll be waiting for Bonfire. I'm hoping it is more than just an online release of mp3s downloads.
I would not Like it if Bonfire were an online release only. If it were to come out online in August / September as Ketanin Sun reasonably suggeste, then I hope it will be followed by a physical release in 2023. Morrissey may want to go for an online release in the first place to speed up the process. After all, hés been sitting on the album for nearly 18 months now. And I hope that the recent actions are a sign that he is about to conclude a record deal.

To me showcase also means that he doesn't have a deal. Playing your new unreleased album (or a significant part of it) without a deal is a risky idea in the internet age. The live clips end soon in the internet and so the new album soon becomes an old one without even getting released. Just like the 2011 batch of tracks.
These 3 tracks of 2011 that he overplayed live in that period, were eventually released as b-sides of single re-issues on various formats. So diehards could get their hands on a physical copy. Scandinavia and Art Hounds later appeared on the XL edition of WPINOYB.

But recent outtakes from LIHS (e.g. I couldn’t understand, Blue dreamers’ eues, By the time…) were dumped on the internet without the slightest hope of a physical release, and imo these tracks were better than the 3 tracks of 2011. We are in a situation now where Morrissey is still a proliferant artist, but record companies don’t even try to keep up with him.

tomorrow is the fifth anniversary of the manchester bombing,maybe we will get a snippet of the song about that night.
Since Bonfire didn’t manage to get a release on the 5th anniversary of the unfortunate Manchester bombing, does it mean we’ll have to wait until its 10th anniversary now?

Back when I was a fawning devotee I purchased a whole new DVD player just to watch it. Damn you, only releasing things in Region 1.
Yeah I bought one I couldn't even play. Hulmerist and Malady Lingers On came out here in our region but Oye Esteban we had to get from over seas to basically not watch unless a friend had a multi region dvd player ;)

There's currently about a 3 month delay/backlog on vinyl production (what label, which artist, which plant, when something is announced.... all being factors having weight on this variable).
This is why some major releases for RSD got put back to June and why smaller artists are sticking to 7" releases. 12"s & albums are mainly impacted by delays and there's no particular light at the end of the tunnel (especially with 'bigger' artists like Adele getting priority when churning out vinyl albums).
Unless something is already in the pipeline, this might be a situation that forces a digital release first, but who knows!?
FWD.

Moz knows his fans have been expecting to hear more songs from Bonfire of Teenagers. So, here we are! I mean, in Vegas fans will have them.

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom