"Lady Willpower" release - official lyric video posted for May 17, 2019

Mostly forgettable for me, but I like it more than Wedding Bell. Not as great as Starship and Its Over which I'm still totally in love with.

This album looks set to be the campest thing he’s ever done. It’s not doing anything for me except put me off Morrissey.

6k views?

Overall the album is shaping up to be a nice tribute covers to catchy songs we all heard in our life and sing-along with the originals. I always said this man could sing the dictionary and I'd love it!

Excellent cover !!!And the winner is.. Roger Manning Jr for his horn (and string) arrangements + keyboards.
I wish he could step back instead of Manzur.

Any album, by anyone, as good as Vauxhall would be welcome. I’ve been waiting for a quarter of a century for this to happen, and I still see no danger.
I rate 'Let England Shake' by PJ Harvey very highly. And the last two Suede albums (The Blue Hour and Night Thoughts), and a great album from Stolen called Fragment. I'd rate Suede as highly now as Moz Solo was back in the 90s.

Last edited:
What a load of fertiliser. I can understand Moz referencing the past and using the past as a touchstone, but this is wallowing in old crap novelty shallow music that didn't deserve to be released back in the day, never mind now.
Positive: Moz's voice is still great or even better than ever.
Negative: He is wasting his time with this drivel.

I think this is fantastic! Makes me remember riding around in the back of my dad’s mustang listening to am radio. Really solid cover.

The video made me laugh. I like all the blossoming flowers and the graphics. I do wonder how many petals Morrissey has parted in his day. But I’m willing to pretend.

Yes it is. Chocolate doesn’t need anticipation to make
It more enjoyable because it’s hard to improve on chocolate. Same with a new Morrissey release

tumblr_miuha54eO51s610xbo1_500.gif

I rate 'Let England Shake' by PJ Harvey very highly. And the last two Suede albums (The Blue Hour and Night Thoughts), and a great album from Stolen called Fragment. I'd rate Suede as highly now as Moz Solo was back in the 90s.

We agree completely on PJ Harvey and Suede... guess I'm gonna have to give a listen to Stolen now!

Not totally nuts about all of the songs he's covering on California Son but I have to say I'm really loving Morrissey's vocals here. He really is aging very well - his voice sounds wonderful.

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom