"Lady Willpower" release - official lyric video posted for May 17, 2019

I don't mind eating a lot of chocolate during the winter, but I don't eat much chocolate during the summer.

This thread is about how and when we like to eat chocolate, right?

Yes it is. Chocolate doesn’t need anticipation to make
It more enjoyable because it’s hard to improve on chocolate. Same with a new Morrissey release

Meh, it’s ok. Not something I’ll go back and listen to. There’s no fire in any of these songs, just lukewarm, decent vocal as you’d expect, but it’s cruiseship crooner rubbish. It’s boring.

Meh, it’s ok. Not something I’ll go back and listen to. There’s no fire in any of these songs, just lukewarm, decent vocal as you’d expect, but it’s cruiseship crooner rubbish. It’s boring.
I would agree that the 60s cheesy arrangement is safe - they haven't tried to do anything original with it. But it's still ten times better than most songs on LIHS.

Well, that was 'blooming' marvellous.
Watched by about 170 people when premiered.
Liam Lynch made the last lyric video - no information on this one.
Regards,
FWD.

I would agree that the 60s cheesy arrangement is safe - they haven't tried to do anything original with it. But it's still ten times better than most songs on LIHS.

I ain’t gonna be on board until he sacks the band. Keep Boz, if you must. But the rest need to go. So much legacy, so much early brilliance with the smiths & most his solo albums, especially with Boz/Whyte/Day. The last two, and now this one, f***ing shite man, I really have a problem with anyone who thinks WP & LIHS are any good, they’re assisting Morrissey in lowering his standards. Can’t be too over critical on CS tho, it’s a covers album afterall, so it is what it is, and you’re right, prob a lot better than his last two albums, but it’s stll not what we want is it? With every shit album his just diluting a great career with mediocrity.

there's something a little odd about his vocal on this track that I can't quite put my finger on...
all the vibrato maybe?
it's not bad, something about this delivery that just seems different than what i'm use to from him

I ain’t gonna be on board until he sacks the band. Keep Boz, if you must. But the rest need to go. So much legacy, so much early brilliance with the smiths & most his solo albums, especially with Boz/Whyte/Day. The last two, and now this one, f***ing shite man, I really have a problem with anyone who thinks WP & LIHS are any good, they’re assisting Morrissey in lowering his standards. Can’t be too over critical on CS tho, it’s a covers album afterall, so it is what it is, and you’re right, prob a lot better than his last two albums, but it’s stll not what we want is it? With every shit album his just diluting a great career with mediocrity.

I'd be ok with keeping Matt Walker on drums, though. I loved Cobrin, but Walker is really bringing a lot of oomph to the songs, in my opinion. i think he's a large part of the reason that HSIN is sounding so much better lately.

I wonder why in my country this video premiered just 31 minutes ago, while some people here said they were streaming it yesterday. Anyway, it was totally worth the wait.

World peace was musically very good. You might not like the style but it took talent to play the parts and had a lot of different instruments. Things like your arsenal while fun are pretty simplistic to play and learn. I love glamorous glue but the guitar part is that complicated

that's really the luffliest thing i've watched for a long time. :sunflower::bee::tulip:

onliest criticism i have are the few artificially bred filled flowers, like the one at 1:55, which, from the bee's point of view, have little to no added ecological value.
but all the other, unfilled, flowers are, as always, perfect!:cherryblossom:
great cover!

I love the lyrics video! Not sure about the song... Is it not too much innuendo content for someone like Morrissey? :lbf:

Like the way the lyrics are displayed like a late 60’s movie trailer.

Just wish instead of flowers we had
the one true and rarest of flowers this world has ever seen singing... that is Morrissey.

:)

I really love this. He stayed true to the original but gives it a more interesting and passionate swing. Lovely!!!

I love it. I love the 70s rea and maybe it was recorded in Sunset Sound he feels the vibe. Laurel Canyon still is stuck in time,thank god.

I'm liking this a lot! Although his voice is more...understated than I was expecting, given the song - for some reason I really thought he'd go for it more. But the end result is gorgeous. This is going to be such a fun record to listen to over the summer!

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom