Lady Gaga in meat...shame on you Morrissey

2qsqo2p.jpg

‘Lady Gaga's job is to do outlandish things, and this certainly qualifies as outlandish because meat is something you want to avoid putting on or in your body,’ said Ingrid Newkirk, president of animal rights campaign group PETA.

‘No matter how beautifully it is presented, flesh from a tortured animal is flesh from a tortured animal.

‘Meat represents bloody violence and suffering, so if that's the look they were going for—they achieved it.’

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbi...aw-meat-bikini-Vogue-cover.html#ixzz0yw4gBczt

I think that PETA sees that it is deliberately disturbing. There is no shame on Morrissey. Lady Gaga is making a statement.

I'm so glad somebody agrees. It seems everyone I know loves her because she's so 'original'. Except she's not.

Oh f***ing hell let's not get started on her 'originiality'. It's becoming very trite now.

Does nobody know any of Madonna's work beyond the last 10 years? Pffftt

It's just a part of her ongoing shtick about how fame is dehumanizing, objectifying... so why is she so eager to have it? This destabilizes her whole "message." Just because you do something with a wink and a nod does not mean that you did not do it. She cites Warhol sometimes, but again, she's like a kid in art school who knows how to make things but doesn't really have a full comprehension of what it is she's saying. This photo further illustrates this: the fact that she's dressed in meat and posing as a commentary on fame and objectification of women forms a greater message about how even though she "sees" the implications of fame, she still wants her fifteen minutes, which speaks to the role of fame in a bigger way in our society. It's sort of like she accidentally did what she meant to do.

Last edited:
We should remember that Morrissey's best friend, Linder Sterling, also once went on stage in a dress made out of meat. Perhaps Lady Gaga is also making a point about the objectification of women?

Or maybe it is her tribute to this...

http://eil.com/shop/moreinfo.asp?catalogid=400591

That was the first thing that came to my mind when I read the thread title. Is Gaga vegetarian/vegan or is this yet another needless publicity stunt?

That reminds me of all the hamburgers I grilled on the holiday! I prefer them medium-rare, but my dad eats 'em practically raw - bloody! Morrissey is an idiot and burgers are brilliant.

Is Gaga vegetarian/vegan or is this yet another needless publicity stunt?

After reading her recent Rolling Stone interview, the journalist mentioned that she was eating chicken so unless that was misreporting then no, Gaga is not veggie.

After reading her recent Rolling Stone interview, the journalist mentioned that she was eating chicken so unless that was misreporting then no, Gaga is not veggie.

No one loves cocks more than Lady Gaga, I feel certain of it.

"Baconhead"

Rough translation:

Presenter: Welcome to our next guest, who has turned his life around completely. Until recently, he was working as a shop keeper, but today he is baconhead! Welcome...

Guest: I have changed my mind.

Presenter: What? Why?

Guest: I want to be a shop keeper again. It feels as if I have somehow lost authority since I became baconhead.

Presenter: I really think you should stand by your decision. You're baconhead now, that is a really brave move!

Guest: I don't know, I think it was a mistake.

etc.

Last edited by a moderator:
Tags
her concert was fabulous
Back
Top Bottom