La Roux

anyone else her who likes LA ROUX?
I think they're absolutely brillant, maybe THE newcomer of the year. Totally fell in love with their music (and of course with singer Elly Jackson).

What do you think?

I've seen them live and they were really good. The only song I knew was 'In For The Kill' but I still enjoyed their set!

La Roux anyone?

I've got to say I really do like the album. She seems to have balls. But the album has been given this "gloss over" to suit every taste.....

Re: La Roux anyone?

She's got this "Skyscraper" hairdo. She hates pop music. I quite like her!

Bulletproof is wonderful, but I've yet to hear the album. Better be worth the five minutes it took to download it.

Was far from impressed by the debut album. All the songs sound the same apart from a couple which seem like they took a lot of effort to differ from the rest. 'Bulletproof' is catchy; the best of a bad bunch. Elly Jackson also comes across as quite rude IMO.

Not for me. I find the person and the music poor creations.

I despise that 'thing'. I'd love nothing more than to smack her in the face and stab her to death with a knitting needle for crimes against music (and my eyes)

She can't sing and looks terrible too, and, yes, is very rude from the things i've read.

Another case of us getting something rammed down our throats and being told to like it.

I break my long lasting silence to ask with astonishment....

this thread must be a joke, right?

The album is forgettable. That cover my eyes song or whatever it's called is good, but it's all samey.

Saying that, I'm Not Your Toys has been jammed in my head for two days.

The album is forgettable. That cover my eyes song or whatever it's called is good, but it's all samey.

Saying that, I'm Not Your Toys has been jammed in my head for two days.

You have some serious shit 'jammed' in your head.

Sometimes i leave the house without wearing eyeliner. Does that make me 'ballsey'? They're just shit pop songs that have a beautiful place in the chart but no place at all in my ever growing, perfectly formed music collection.

I read an article about La Roux and was fairly intrigued... but the music, as I happened to catch a clip on tv, could not live up to it...

A hype more focused on the singer's cool manner and brash answers in interviews? Certainly... And the hair of course... who could forget the hair? (I could)

Back
Top Bottom