Kurt Cobain's Digital Likeness FORCED to sing Bon Jovi!

how does that make you feel

• bad

Votes: 8 80.0%
  • bon jovi kicks ass

Votes: 1 10.0%
  • if I could would you

Votes: 2 20.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
D

Dave

How does this make you feel?

Last edited by a moderator:
How does this make you feel?

Bloody hell....:tears:

c. love and d. grohl approved this shat

enuff sed

hot dog daddy, they say they didn't. d grohl and c novaselic want kurt's cartoon thing in this game to be "locked" so he can only sing Nirvana songs, and say it makes them feel sad to see this, although, how happy would kurt have been to have been turned into a cartoon in a video game is difficult to say.

for her part c love says that she's appalled at being "raped" this way and apparently feels that while selling Kurt's journals (!!!) making Nirvana shoes (!!!) and even allowing Doc Marten's to use DEAD KURT WEARING DOCS IN HEAVEN in an ad was totally tasteful, yeah, as aforementioned this nonsense is "rape".

THIS JUST IN: Bon Jovi is not happy either!

Jon Bon Jovi says he’s no happier than the former members of Nirvana after seeing the Kurt Cobain avatar singing his band’s 1986 hit “You Give Love A Bad Name” in the Guitar Hero 5 video game.

"I don't know that I would have wanted it either," Bon Jovi tells the BBC. "To hear someone else's voice coming out of a cartoon version of me? I don't know. It sounds a little forced."

The Bon Jovi frontman added that he had been approached to have his likeness appear in the game as well, but passed.

"No-one even broached the subject with me that I would be singing other people's stuff,” he said. “I don't know how I would have reacted to that. I don't know that I would have wanted it either."

Krist Novoselic and Dave Grohl expressed their disappointment last week after seeing their group’s frontman Cobain featured in the game as an unlockable character, meaning his image could be used to sing other artists’ songs.

"We are dismayed and very disappointed in the way a facsimile of Kurt is used in the Guitar Hero game,” the said in a joint statement, urging Activision to "do the right thing in 're-locking' Kurt's character.”

But Guitar Hero CEO Dan Rosensweig insists that despite her recent rash of Twitter protests Courtney Love “cashed the check” that allowed the company to use Cobain’s likeness in the game.

"I do know that there's absolutely a contract and we know that the check has been cashed," he told NME.COM. "I can only deal with the facts. It's very clear what the terms are."

i was going to link you to everett true's article(blog entry) about it
but now i can't find it,
it's somewhere

Having played this it does make me somewhat uncomfortable. But not as uncomfortable as playing with a cartoon version of Matt Bellamy from Muse, who looks like he is on the verge of death by syphillis.

courtney's twitter is more concerning. she's loopy (but I love her)
sod kurt, and sod JBJ, both former idols of mine when 12.

Tags
better2burnout catty chico lol chico's jealous dave=old&bitter
Back
Top Bottom