Kristeen Young responds to Morrissey's tour cancellation TTY statement

Re: Kristeen Young responds to TTY statement

If this is true, Morrissey is a liar. Thoughts?

X9fvTdl.jpg

They both have issues with the truth.

Good post, Skylarker. I'd also like to point out in your timeline that somehow he manages to perform one final show in Boston, despite this horrific virus. A show that despite alleged coughing and excessive water drinking (I didn't notice this personally) he sang beautifully and was in a terrific mood. And he felt strong enough to even sing two songs for the first time on the tour, rather than just going through the motions with the tried-and-true. And, lastly, he ranked Boston as the #1 show of the tour. Strange you'd feel this way about a show that resulted in hospitalization.

Something is clearly not adding up with the timeline of events and the statement given.

Someone said somewhere else on here that he's probably just butthurt that his shitty new singles have sunk like stones upon release. Didn't he once cancel recording an entire album because Ouija Board, Ouija Board tanked? And that was a great song.

Let's look at this dude's history, everyone.

t.v. interferes: "… She is very grateful, of course. But he threw just his best friend under a bus. How would you feel?"

best friend - really?

Someone said somewhere else on here that he's probably just butthurt that his shitty new singles have sunk like stones upon release. Didn't he once cancel recording an entire album because Ouija Board, Ouija Board tanked? And that was a great song.

Skylarker (elsewhere on this site, talking about the TV show 'Mad Men') : "I have a bad tendency to write off anything new as being crap...which is a stupid impulse".

Could this be the only occasion in recent history where Skylarker has posted anything meaningful? Look at THIS dude's history, everyone.

- - - Updated - - -

Whipped Visconti on Facebook
Tony Visconti
Paul Rhodes She is very grateful, of course. But he just threw his (ex)best friend under a bus. How would you feel?
Edited · Like · 4 · Just now

The comments from his daughter and son are great.
Daughter said morrissey should eat a steak!

t.v. interferes: "… She is very grateful, of course. But he threw just his best friend under a bus. How would you feel?"

best friend - really?

If she was his best friend she would have been able to knock on his hotel room door and say " It's allergies- I'm not contagious!" Nope. She communicates with him via email and travels separately. I honestly think outside of Linder his only friends are on his payroll or are super fans, ie Rustle and Julia.

In that case let's look at her history. SHe fabricated an entire life to suit her needs. Every single day she lies. Every day. Objectively the points you make are valid, but I have a problem objectively breaking down the chain of events as represented by someone who is a career liar. Morrissey's point is she SAID she was sick. She probably did, whether she got allergies or not. So he made a press release including her statement that she later refuted. His argument went south when he says she made him sick which is impossible to prove, but I don't doubt for a second that she said she was sick then changed her mind later making his statement look false. All this press is just helping her which could be construed as a publicity stunt, she loves being the victim and that's exactly what she is now. Yay for her.

Now they were best friends? Wow. Yeah best friends traveling together usually communicate via email through a third party.

Sadly, this is another episode of our man being a compulsive liar.

He may write great songs (or used to, anyway) but he really doesn't seem like a pleasant or trustworthy person.

Well, I know many will be anti my comments because they are critical of Morrissey, but that just the way it goes.

First, his track record of canceling events with very short notice is not able to be justified; it is not as if a serious emergency occurs and he must be jetted off somewhere. He could, if he cared about his fans, provide some time to rearrange schedules and cancel planes, hotels, etc. To say that is just a part of being a Morrissey fan is bogus and lame; it is called consideration for others, and he does not have it.

Second, the slagging of Kristeen in his TTY statement is just very immature and ridiculous. He shakes hands with countless people who could have been in the bog and not washed up. Seriously, he is trying to use Kristeen as a scapegoat. Kristeen's response was to the point and respectful; she did not blame him or begin to throw darts at Morrissey--classy.

Finally, Morrissey is human, and everyone here wishes no ill health toward him, but to be able to criticize and complain is justified based on what has happened. Also consider how many employees he has screwed by suddenly falling so ill; his band and others could be in bargaining power if he ever does want to tour again--guarantee to be paid even if canceled--or no tour. However, if they do this, he will probably fire them and get even worse musicians.

Certainly there are some people in the medical field here who can chime in regarding putting on a great, incredible Boston show where he appears fine--sings his heart out--then "collapses."

well, i know many will be anti my comments because they are critical of morrissey, but that just the way it goes.

First, his track record of canceling events with very short notice is not able to be justified; it is not as if a serious emergency occurs and he must be jetted off somewhere. He could, if he cared about his fans, provide some time to rearrange schedules and cancel planes, hotels, etc. to say that is just a part of being a morrissey fan is bogus and lame; it is called consideration for others, and he does not have it.

second, the slagging of kristeen in his tty statement is just very immature and ridiculous. He shakes hands with countless people who could have been in the bog and not washed up. seriously, he is trying to use kristeen as a scapegoat. Kristeen's response was to the point and respectful; she did not blame him or begin to throw darts at morrissey--classy.

finally, morrissey is human, and everyone here wishes no ill health toward him, but to be able to criticize and complain is justified based on what has happened. Also consider how many employees he has screwed by suddenly falling so ill; his band and others could be in bargaining power if he ever does want to tour again--guarantee to be paid even if canceled--or no tour. However, if they do this, he will probably fire them and get even worse musicians.

certainly there are some people in the medical field here who can chime in regarding putting on a great, incredible boston show where he appears fine--sings his heart out--then "collapses."

t h i s ! ! !

When bands and artists from a similar era as Morrissey's get to this stage in their career, they play a few shows, release an album every few years and that's it. This drama has remained prevalent throughout and has even become more intense over recent years. It's always all falling apart at the seams. Constantly.
We'll never, ever know what the true turn of events that led to the collapse of this shambles, but it seems like the story has de-evolved from first of all the entire crew getting sick, to just Morrissey. And I don't really think it's acceptable to make Kristeen Young a scapegoat for this. Whether you like her or not, it just seems like needless crap slanging.

Last edited:
In that case let's look at her history. SHe fabricated an entire life to suit her needs. Every single day she lies. Every day. Objectively the points you make are valid, but I have a problem objectively breaking down the chain of events as represented by someone who is a career liar. Morrissey's point is she SAID she was sick. She probably did, whether she got allergies or not. So he made a press release including her statement that she later refuted. His argument went south when he says she made him sick which is impossible to prove, but I don't doubt for a second that she said she was sick then changed her mind later making his statement look false. All this press is just helping her which could be construed as a publicity stunt, she loves being the victim and that's exactly what she is now. Yay for her.

He didn't need to include anything about her in his press release. It was irrelevant. He chose to mention her because he assumed she would take part in the spin. That was his mistake. I don't really want to get into this with you and I'm sure the feeling is mutual but just f***ing admit his story does not add up ESPECIALLY with the TTY addendum.

Collapsing backstage has been a lie of his since the early 90s. He was amazing in Boston. The water drinking was probably because he was in jeans and a long sleeve shirt under hot lights on a night where it was 90 degrees. I'm not buying the whole story.

- - - Updated - - -

Let's just agree that they've disagreed.

He didn't need to include anything about her in his press release. It was irrelevant. He chose to mention her because he assumed she would take part in the spin. That was his mistake. I don't really want to get into this with you and I'm sure the feeling is mutual but just f***ing admit his story does not add up ESPECIALLY with the TTY addendum.

I agree it doesn't add up. I'd also like to add that her sudden need for accountability in the area of truth is laughable when just days ago a reporter asked her her age and she decided answering the question (telling the truth) was not a priority. She can play the spin game then but the minute Morrissey does it she needs to take a stand in the name of truth and justice? Convenient. SHE started this drama.

mars_attacks_ver2.jpg

For what it's worth, this season's allergies have been terrible here in Chicago, at least... And I've heard the same from Boston. Absolutely the worst I can remember. I was left gasping for two weeks straight with mucus colored like a artificial carbonated beverage. And before you ask, I have recently tested negative for HIV.

With all this said, I loathe the back and forth that this is causing. I'm straight up despondent that Chicago and Flint were canceled, but Morrissey's health comes first as I hardly expect anyone to crawl upon the cross for me. The rumor mill must be for one's own malicious entertainment. If the man were to actually have HIV, it's certainly not your place to pry it out of him. But he doesn't, so you won't.

Morrissey -- I hope you are able to recover to the point where you can tour again. Come somewhere to the Midwest US, if you please, we will be waiting. Much love. xx

Even in europe, i had allergy and virus too (both) and never saw something so violent, more than a month...Pollen breaks your immune system too...I'm never sick and this year has been awful i agree...Didn't stop for months...with others virus too..

anyways i hope moz will get better soon..

Rippy

Re: Kristeen Young responds to TTY statement

Based on Kristeen's comment we have 3 facts to work with:

1. She was fired.
2. She wasn't sick.
3. Morrissey had no reason to believe that she *was* sick.

If these things are true, then why *was* she fired?

Skylarker (elsewhere on this site, talking about the TV show 'Mad Men') : "I have a bad tendency to write off anything new as being crap...which is a stupid impulse".

Could this be the only occasion in recent history where Skylarker has posted anything meaningful? Look at THIS dude's history, everyone.

- - - Updated - - -

Whipped Visconti on Facebook
Tony Visconti
Paul Rhodes She is very grateful, of course. But he just threw his (ex)best friend under a bus. How would you feel?
Edited · Like · 4 · Just now

The comments from his daughter and son are great.
Daughter said morrissey should eat a steak!

i wonder if morrissey's friends and family will start talking smack on kristeen.

uh huh.

Sadly, this is another episode of our man being a compulsive liar.

He may write great songs (or used to, anyway) but he really doesn't seem like a pleasant or trustworthy person.

You are correct just ask judge John Weeks

I don't like her, but I like what she has done here. It took balls, and she had nothing to lose. Had she kept quiet like a good little girl, she'd have sacrificed her integrity. And that may be OK with Morrissey, but not everyone is Morrissey.

She would have sacrificed her manufactured integrity. Ask Devin Devon about Kristeen's "integrity".

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom