Kristeen Young is off the tour (updated)

UPDATE:

Posted by an anonymous person:

She announced on FB about 10 mins ago:

We won't be continuing as opening band for the Morrissey tour. Thanks to all who showed up early and gave us such life-sustaining enthusiasm. Thanks to Morrissey for his years of support and generosity. There are lots of plans and lots of possibilities and we can't wait to tear into them.

An anonymous person posted:

Kristeen Young is making sum cryptic comments on farcebook. She's either been booted off the tour again or the tour is cancelled.
--
Another anonymous person posted (original post):

Kristeen Young Facebook comments. http://i60.tinypic.com/359y0j8.jpg is she booted off the tour again? Is the tour cancelled? WTF IS SHE GETTIN AT?

359y0j8.jpg

Earlier, Kristeen tweeted that she did not have a virus in regards to the previous article has been since updated which had stated "According to the show’s promoters, Morrissey, the touring crew and opener Kristeen Young have come down with a virus."

Link to interview mentioned:

Kristeen Young gives voice to the periphery while linking up to the stars - RedEye Chicago

Excerpt:

Can you recall the first time you met Morrissey?
The very first time I met him he didn’t recognize me. He had seen me in a video he really liked, and he didn’t recognize me as that person, so he had me kicked out of the studio [Laughs]. He was like, “Who is that girl? Get her out of here!’”

Last edited by a moderator:
Good riddance. There are hundreds of more deserving (and likely more loyal) bands that should open for Morrissey. Give some hungry band a chance.

With Kristeen Young you never know what sort of trouble she may have been stirring up behind the scenes. She was probably given the option of graciously bowing out, or face once again being humiliatingly booted off the tour. The woman has serious psychological problems.

Apparently she was given the boot for not going with the 'party line' that everyone was suffering from a 'virus'.

love her style but her music was not for me,lykke li would be the perfect replacement or wye oak.

Wye Oak are f***ing fantastic. I would love to see them open for Morrissey. And I actually want to get to the show early lol

I have tickets for tomorrows show in Atlantic City, I called the venue and I was told the show has been reschedule to 6/22/14.

Re: Article: Kristeen Young comments on Facebook appear to indicate she is off the tour or tour is c

Camp Moz said they were all ill. Kristeen said someone must have been confused, beause she wasn't. One interpretation is that something's gone down with the tour, someone tries to pass off a reason, KY veers from the party line - and she's off the tour. I can't help but feel there's a more deep-seated rason for the tour problems. Not just this one. Can't put my finger on it.

A possible explanation may be down to the insurance issue. Someone posted that further dates were dependent on this tour being completed, in order to get cover for the further dates. Should there not be a genuine illness issue, as KY suggested, then that would put further UK and European dates in severe jeopardy. Has it? Who knows? If so, maybe someone had to pay the price. Just guessing.

I genuinely hope everyone's OK, and that the dates can be completed, for the fans' sake.

P.

Last edited:
shots fired...

'Tony Visconti: Your life will be so much better for it:)'

Re: Article: Kristeen Young comments on Facebook appear to indicate she is off the tour or tour is c

Camp Moz said they were all ill. Kristeen said someone must have been confused, beause she wasn't. One interpretation is that something's gone down with the tour, someone tries to pass off a reason, KY veers from the party line - and she's off the tour. I can't help but feel there's a more deep-seated rason for the tour problems. Not just this one. Can't put my finger on it.

P.

You don't think it's due to Kristeen Young having opportunities she doesn't want to pass up in order to promote her LP? The postponed Atlantic City date could just be down to giving the new opener time to get to the east coast (if in fact it is the LA band that's been named in this thread.)

A possible explanation may be down to the insurance issue. Someone posted that further dates were dependent on this tour being completed, in order to get cover for the further dates. Should there not be a genuine illness issue, as KY suggested, then that would put further UK and European dates in severe jeopardy. Has it? Who knows? If so, maybe someone had to pay the price. Just guessing.

I genuinely hope everyone's OK, and that the dates can be completed, for the fans' sake.

P.

I bet a lot of Morrissey's "viruses" is really serious depression in disguise. He is probably trying to cover up this fact by using the more socially acceptable "virus." Regardless, KY owes a lot to Morrissey, and even if he was taking a holiday, she needed to toe the line or move on.

You don't think it's due to Kristeen Young having opportunities she doesn't want to pass up in order to promote her LP?

LOL. Yeah, right.

Replacement opener is likely to be LA's Surely Lorraine. A great fit.

I'm sure they are just fine, but logistically you'd think they'd find a New York/Northeast/Mid-Atlantic area band to round out the remaining shows.

Who knows?

LOL. Yeah, right.
I know what you mean but she has been getting more press than I've ever noticed her getting before. She's added Dave Grohl to her network so who knows what strings he may be able to pull for her. It just seems like the most logical (again, lol) explanation.

- - - Updated - - -

Maybe Morrissey has malaria.

So wish me luck my friends

Goodbye....

tumblr_lvrc9hvgg71qg39ewo1_500.gif

:flowers:

The people who were making comments that this was not news or that they could not see anything in the statement, need to wipe the egg off their face! Appoligies by any of these people??? No

Now is she to blame for the Atlanta cancellation? Duh know?

Guilty...

Now it's confirmed, it's quite interesting to speculate reasons...

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom