Krakow - Studio Club (July 22, 2011) post-show

Post your info and reviews related to this concert in the comments section below. Other links (photos, external reviews, etc.) related to this concert will also be compiled in this section as they are sent in. Beware of anonymous set list trolls!

Set List:

I Want The One I Can't Have / Irish Blood, English Heart / You Have Killed Me / I'm Throwing My Arms Around Paris / Speedway / Ouija Board, Ouija Board / Action Is My Middle Name / One Day Goodbye Will Be Farewell / You're The One For Me, Fatty / Scandinavia / Satellite Of Love / I Know It's Over / Everyday Is Like Sunday / There Is A Light That Never Goes Out/ Alma Matters / Meat is Murder // First Of The Gang To Die

set list provided by robjab / Krakow bootleg

Manchester w Krakowie, psychiatra w Warszawie review / photos - muzyka.interia.pl5. Link posted by an anonymous person

Last edited:
"You also made mistakes in your spelling. "

As did you: "missunderstandings when using English."

Maybe in future you should use Spellcheck before criticising other peoples English.

Tsk! Tsk! you would really hope for better from an English teacher of such high calibre as yourself!

Europeans are so dumb they must really need your great wisdom!

"You also made mistakes in your spelling. "

As did you: "missunderstandings when using English."

Maybe in future you should use Spellcheck before criticising other peoples English.

Tsk! Tsk! you would really hope for better from an English teacher of such high calibre as yourself!

Europeans are so dumb they must really need your great wisdom!

At least "get a clue" wasn't used again.

Well done, you're getting better.

OK, maybe I should've asked it earlier but since Moz is in Poland now, I ask here. How are his Smiths-days songs live? musically, I mean. How good/bad is the band with the material because, you know, the songs might sound easy but the bass lines had tons of ghost notes (which bassists usually drop) and drumming had odd timings (and Joyce played 'against' Rourke instead of 'with' him) and I'm not even mentioning Johnny's guitar lines (which ARE bloody hard).
So, how is it?

I am really ashamed of the fact that Germans with an A-Level in English do not have a clue what he is singing about... with the exception of the obvious HOUSE - MOUSE -rhyme. What a shame ... and what a waste of great lyrics! Morrissey is not only music but WORDS! words that need to be properly translated - whether they can be fathomed or not!

nonsensical
truly

pete green man of the world makes me sob my socks off

genious

irene

He may change the setlist but so far that hasn't been part of the tour.

Last edited by a moderator:
world ntrancyp

nonsensical
if youve never listened to anything other than morrissey which i suspect most on here havent

here we go again but peter greens man of the world
paul rodgers free my brother jake
pink floyd dark side of the moon
anything led zep but partic physical graffitti
and it goes on

are we not allowed to share decent music

amy winehouse god rest her soul
fantastic singer back to black one of the best ever
cherish her music at least she had talent unlike that prick he takes round

pete green man of the world makes me sob my socks off

genious

irene[/QUOTE]

Last edited by a moderator:
Hello, I am the "idiot" to whom you replied in this missive.

Why don't I just explain one thing. I teach English in companies on the European continent. I know how difficult, therefore, it is to learn English in terms of grammar, pronunciation and spelling.

Without realising it, you have backed up my point of view. You obviously mistook my original message as offensive when it was intended as nothing of the sort. I am confident that had you been a native English speaker, you wouldn't have done that.

You also made mistakes in your spelling.

I have a word of advice for you. DO NOT in future assume that we English speakers regard someone that doesn't speak our tongue to be stupid, as it appears you found. Give us credit for understanding that in other countries, heavens forbid even in Poland, people are not stupid if they speak another language.

Otherwise, you would be doing your fellow nationals a disservice and come across as the "idiot" you referred to in your earlier rant.

Good bye, thank you and good luck in your future missunderstandings when using English.

misspelling happens on internet forums, as does improper grammar. Only a grammar snob, which it's apparent you are, would care enough to be 100% in check at all times.

You claimed in the original post the people did not understand anything Morrissey said. One obviously doesn't need to be a native speaker and have a full command of English grammar to understand English (or any language). I am the person who called you an idiot, and you still are.

You also made mistakes in your spelling.

Obliviously spelling 'over' with an 'L' ...'lover'...was a typo that spell-check didn't catch. You are much too uptight of an individual to realize this. You probably never had a lover...explains a lot.

^^and all because you use the phrase 'no offense', it doesn't mean it's not offensive... native and non-native English speakers could read that you're a bitch...

misspelling happens on internet forums, as does improper grammar. Only a grammar snob, which it's apparent you are, would care enough to be 100% in check at all times.

You claimed in the original post the people did not understand anything Morrissey said. One obviously doesn't need to be a native speaker and have a full command of English grammar to understand English (or any language). I am the person who called you an idiot, and you still are.

Obliviously spelling 'over' with an 'L' ...'lover'...was a typo that spell-check didn't catch. You are much too uptight of an individual to realize this. You probably never had a lover...explains a lot.

Ooh, hurtful.

You, my friend, are ridiculous. Find exactly where I said that people couldn't understand Morrissey???

I never said that.

I said, MERELY, that English can be difficult to learn. Stop looking for an argument with someone, i.e me, who hasn't in any respect been offensive or aggressive.

Fantastic night and great show (appr. 80 mins!!!). The small club was packed to its capacity and the Krakow crowd were really enthusiastic (although I doubt they understood what Morrissey was saying inbetween or even singing... Sorry, folks). Before FOTGTD he said *I've got an appointment with a psychiatrist in Warsaw* and that is why they had to leave - very clever. Altogether a pefect evening! Thank you very much, Mozzer and band!

to the person two posts up.

here...

I am really ashamed of the fact that Germans with an A-Level in English do not have a clue what he is singing about... with the exception of the obvious HOUSE - MOUSE -rhyme. What a shame ... and what a waste of great lyrics! Morrissey is not only music but WORDS! words that need to be properly translated - whether they can be fathomed or not!

It is nonsensical, I totally agree with this person. I have got German friends, too, that have no idea what is going on lyricwise (despite the fact of having an A-level in English) or statement-wise... There are too many if you ask me!

I was at the gig he played closer to 1 hr than 1hr 20 mins (I suppose if u count the video at the start that could be classed as 1hr 20mins). A smash and grab as far as I'm concerned. I find it a real rebutal to the fans to play such a short set. Not to mention his self-righteous hideous tune meat is murder taking up around 10 mins of the set. Anyway the McD's after the gig almost made up for it.

It is nonsensical, I totally agree with this person. I have got German friends, too, that have no idea what is going on lyricwise (despite the fact of having an A-level in English) or statement-wise... There are too many if you ask me!

Give an example.

You may also not have noticed but this thread is about a concert in Poland and it is difficult for a German to have an A-level in English, because there are no A-level exams in Germany, because they have a different name and are differently organised. You have German friends and do not even know this?

english is piss easy to learn. try learning polish.

Polish (Język Polski) is easy and fun to learn and remember--mostly because of the consistency of its grammatical rules. There are a few exceptions, but even those are consistent in their irregularities.

Yeah thanks for stabbing in the knife even deeper. I guess most German fans sing along to the songs happily enjoying their ignorance and not wishing they had a better understanding for the language. No wait.

I spoke to the Heartbreaks after the concert. They had just played Vienna and Berlin with him. They thought Krakow was the best he'd done. And indeed they are right, Morrissey was simply top notch, and I was all chuffed to hear Action Is My Middle Name. What a wonderful concert !

The did understand honey ;)

Regards
Polish guy Pawel Dymczyk
Crazed about Mozz

Fantastic night and great show (appr. 80 mins!!!). The small club was packed to its capacity and the Krakow crowd were really enthusiastic (although I doubt they understood what Morrissey was saying inbetween or even singing... Sorry, folks). Before FOTGTD he said *I've got an appointment with a psychiatrist in Warsaw* and that is why they had to leave - very clever. Altogether a pefect evening! Thank you very much, Mozzer and band!

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom