"Knockabout World" released on YouTube / streaming platforms (Feb. 21, 2020)

Hmm, tune is interesting enough. Wish Moz would spring for a real brass section instead of that keyboard trumpet sound. Still these new tunes for me are more listenable than half of Low in High School, so I: have medium to high hopes that is album will be awesome.

By far the best of the three... "Bobby" had me worried, "Way Out" gave me hope and this one really make me believe that this could be a great album after all... Happy days!!

You’re valued Nerak; it’s all part of the Solow insanity. You’ve now walked a mile in Corbyn’s shoes.

This message will self destruct in 10 mins, before the hyenas glimpse it.

Thanks Hove. x

The singles do sound nice together. When I play it on Spotify it just plays all the new ones and it’s adding up nicely. I wonder if he’s drawing from sparks at all. I’m not a big enough fan of them to say for sure

And you know what is bizzarre? The AD before you Watch Knockabout World by Moz is from KFC!!!!!! I bet he doesn't have a clue about that and Im sure if he has anyway to block these kind of ADs from his music he Will. So, if anyone from Moz camp is Reading this... take your action.

That ad is probably more about you than him (given how ads are personalized), but I'm sure he would be upset regardless.

As someone who tends to focus a little more on the music than the lyrics, to me this is better than the other two singles off the album.

The singles do sound nice together. When I play it on Spotify it just plays all the new ones and it’s adding up nicely. I wonder if he’s drawing from sparks at all. I’m not a big enough fan of them to say for sure
As far as Knockabout is concerned, it had me immediately thinking of St. Etienne’s Fox Base Alpha. And even that had a nostalgia feel when it was released, nearly 30 years ago.

Finally the reorientation of the Morrissey sound works for me too. Where I couldn't understand the hype around the 3 rather uninspiring LIHS bonus tracks and the two available tracks for IANADOAC, didn't entitle me to do so, almost everything fits with "Knockabout World". It is catchy and cool (unlike the a.m. "Twin") and the synthetics work. Finally a clever chorus again, where you get taken along immediately. The reverb guitar at the end is also classic Morrissey sound. Good also how Roger Manning sings the counterpart in the background at the end. Yes, it's clearly a clean 80s sound and reminds me (if at all) of B-sides of him 89/90. Since they were always as good as the A-side back then, that's totally ok. Lyrically of course his main theme remains "You can't destroy me" but that's always been his vehicle from which he draws inspiration. Manzur's keys squawk a little bit shrill and plastic in the middle and the beat is almost a ticking too present in the long run but it's an absolute ray of hope for me of the last 3 records with own material. Also the friendliness, as a previous speaker already said, with which he recites everything that "once again" almost destroyed him, is remarkable. In the end IANADOAC will be a general store with something for every fan. The music will be realigned and Morrissey will leave his comfort zone, which is amazing enough.

P.S.

Thompson Twins: very good comparison. The old ones have seen and heard it all and we've got "Love on our side"

P&O: back on the bus. :thumb: :cool:

Have you heard hippopotamus by sparks, one of the best albums I’ve ever heard, think they have a greatest hits out as well

P&O: back on the bus. :thumb: :cool:
It was touch and go for a while mind, mozzzmar... looked as though, frank was drifting to the dark side , but with the support of his friends it’s all over now..... can you believe he’s still got hair... the jammy git.....

As it seems to be an anthem which he’d love to hear sung back at him at the moment, I suspect Knockabout will open the forthcoming gigs.
Ohh big call this hovis never even thought about this!!!! Hope he’s changed the set list about, and doesn’t kick off with suedehead....

It was touch and go for a while mind, mozzzmar... looked as though, frank was drifting to the dark side , but with the support of his friends it’s all over now..... can you believe he’s still got hair... the jammy git.....

Yeah, pleased he's back in the fold.
I still have hair too; sick of it growing to be honest, costing me a fortune every 5 or 6 weeks. Such is life.

Tags
i am not a dog on a chain info

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom