"Knockabout World" released on YouTube / streaming platforms (Feb. 21, 2020)

At this moment in time, I think this is the weaker of the 3 tracks...but it's definitely catchy & dare I say, addictive!!
It seems a mix of 60s & 80s to me. Reminds me of something but can't put my finger on it.
It's more than ok by me. :rock:
Yes I hear the 60's vibe in it too, also reminds me at points of I'm Not Sorry from You Are The Quarry, I really like it.

The way he sings "world" is f***ing awesome. And the you're OK by me part is perfect. God what a great little song.

Agreed 100%. "You're ok by me" is pretty much an explicit statement of what many of us have always felt when listening to Morrissey -- that we are and will be ok. It's why I love him and will never part with him. Viva Moz! Can't wait to see him again.

My least favorite of the three but I like it more the second time. I haven't been a fan of his recent music and I think this record is exciting.

such an appropriate song nowadays. leave it morrissey to come up with another beautiful song that smacks the world in the face. disagree with the "enlightened" and "progressive" left and you're publicly flogged as a racist, bigot, homophobe, misogynist, xenophobe. gotta love this knockabout world we now are forced to exist in

"Mwah! Mwah! I'm a victim, a REAL victim, never mind those victims of racial or sexual abuse look at me, look at me! Mwah! Mwah!" Screeched Morrissey.

MP3 for those who prefer:
https://we.tl/t-MHoVtBAuYE

Official digital will turn up tomorrow I expect.
Regards,
FWD.
Thanks. It sounds to me like a mediocre Moz b-side. Like he was in the studio and asked for some music and did one take of vocals and went home. I like the synth element but even that is very middle of the road, and doesn't compare to even the worst New Order bside in terms of cutting edge music. A bit meh, in other words. Forgettable and safe. Where has the edge gone?

Thanks. It sounds to me like a mediocre Moz b-side. Like he was in the studio and asked for some music and did one take of vocals and went home. I like the synth element but even that is very middle of the road, and doesn't compare to even the worst New Order bside in terms of cutting edge music. A bit meh, in other words. Forgettable and safe. Where has the edge gone?

Have you actually listened to the lyrics and the tone of the lyrics/music? He should be f***ing ranting at the c***s that've targeted him. But he isn't. He's mellow. The music is also mellow. The guitars should be f***ing screaming. They aren't. This track is f***ing great. I don't know how he held back.

The best of the three so far (the other two being unlistenable), but his lyrics are still consistently awful. I really wish he could figure out how to write again. This could have been quite a nice one if he managed to say anything.

I’m enjoying it more after a few listens.
As I was saying, this song may be just
what the album needs as far as it’s place between the other songs.

We’ll see. :)

I’m enjoying it more after a few listens.
As I was saying, this song may be just
what the album needs as far as it’s place between the other songs.

We’ll see. :)
I don't really care for the section that sounds like synthesizer horns like someone is trying to make a Dean Martin record on their laptop, but the verse sections are nice and it's all pleasant enough. I wouldn't mind if he did use synthesizers and drum machines more instead of a band, just for a change.
It's not that I don't like it but I really like Bobby and Love Is On Its Way Out a lot. This one does work as a change of pace.

That was lovely.

For me, the unique & sublime aspect to Morrissey nowadaze is the voice.
For me, his voice to-day is as fascinating, beguiling, subtle and complex as his lyrics used to be.
At every point in "Knockabout World" í felt surprised, thrilled and elated by his vocal delivery.
And yet, he achieves this with such an apparent easy panache.
The 'late-period' lyrics aren't bad, per se, but, frankly, í don't give a damn, cos the vocal that renders them is so winning.

theyr no longer parallel.
going to have a first listen.

Tags
i am not a dog on a chain info

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom