Knitted Morrissey Calendar

so do we get to see the proposed calendar BEFORE we buy it?
or is it a 'suck it and see' kinda production?

Kate, I worked in a bookstore for eight years. Calendars are big business and they trend too. One year it was that dog that was shaved to look like a teddy bear. Another year it was food made to look like little people. (Loved the green onion with the dainty little lips.) My point is, if you don't have real job and are willing to put a little time into doing a few mock-ups of other popular bands like the Beatles and the Stones and Elvis, I bet you could pitch this idea to Taschen or whoever and make money doing this. Though there is something to be said about the quantness of the idea, the small scale of it. But someone may see this and rip off your idea, I'd rather see YOU get an art representative who can do the negotiations and make the big bucks.

Kate, I worked in a bookstore for eight years. Calendars are big business and they trend too. One year it was that dog that was shaved to look like a teddy bear. Another year it was food made to look like little people. (Loved the green onion with the dainty little lips.) My point is, if you don't have real job and are willing to put a little time into doing a few mock-ups of other popular bands like the Beatles and the Stones and Elvis, I bet you could pitch this idea to Taschen or whoever and make money doing this. Though there is something to be said about the quantness of the idea, the small scale of it. But someone may see this and rip off your idea, I'd rather see YOU get an art representative who can do the negotiations and make the big bucks.

Who the hell shaves a dog like a teddy bear? :squiffy:

I must admit I've enjoyed putting my share of these shots together (well, except for lying on my belly in a channel of wet sand trying to get the correct angle on a beach shot) and if this goes down well, I'd look at extending my scope to other iconic artists. KM is sometimes mistaken for Elvis in pubs......

I must admit I've enjoyed putting my share of these shots together (well, except for lying on my belly in a channel of wet sand trying to get the correct angle on a beach shot) and if this goes down well, I'd look at extending my scope to other iconic artists. KM is sometimes mistaken for Elvis in pubs......

Does KM enjoy his beer as much as his namesake?

2526093993_645931d653.jpg

This isn't the exact one, but she'd put him in costumes and stuff for each month. He had a name, I can't remember it though. She even published books but I think it started as a calendar.

Seriously though, some of the best art reps are in London, I researched it for a project on freelance illustration. All you have to do is find one, give them the calendar, say "I bet I could do this for any band" and she or he will take it from there. They get a cut of course, but they get your work out there and if you love doing it, it would be the perfect job.

2526093993_645931d653.jpg

This isn't the exact one, but she'd put him in costumes and stuff for each month. He had a name, I can't remember it though. She even published books but I think it started as a calendar.

Seriously though, some of the best art reps are in London, I researched it for a project on freelance illustration. All you have to do is find one, give them the calendar, say "I bet I could do this for any band" and she or he will take it from there. They get a cut of course, but they get your work out there and if you love doing it, it would be the perfect job.

His name is Mr. Winkle, and he isn't shaved to look like a teddy, he just does. Aside from the fact that he appears to have a problem controlling his tongue, he is pretty cute. I do get embarrassed for him when he gets dressed up like this.

MrWinkle.jpg

MrWinklesnail.jpg

His name is Mr. Winkle, and he isn't shaved to look like a teddy, he just does.

THAT'S his name. THank you so much, it's been driving me crazy. :p I thought he was a pomeranian with a teddybear cut. I forgot about the limp tongue, he does this alot: :p That's my favorite smilie. :p

:sick: I'm not feeling very well.

Don't let me be your teddy bear!:mad:

(runs away yelping)

Back
Top Bottom