"Kiss Me A Lot" official video directed by Sam Esty Rayner - TTY

TTY - Kiss Me A Lot Official Video directed by Sam Esty Rayner

As I read the name Sam Esty Rayner I feared the worst ... and what can I say ... it's even worse than I'd imagined. The boy knows nothing (unfortunately). Watch for yourself ...

http://true-to-you.net/

Also, Sam, could we have the heterosexual version of this

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ka7Ocldto2U

With the lovely Carey wearing nothing but cowgirl boots and the equally lovely Jake G. wearing absolutely nothing, and cooking an omelette.

Expensive I know, but there's the jubilee of 25 years of Glorious Trolling on the horizon, and surely something special should be planned?? :)

Thank you for sharing this video with the community. I wasn't aware of it, but I can see how hurtful and damaging it must be for Morrissey to have his music and lyrics appropriated by 'The Ambitious Outsider'. This film, 'Brokeback Mountain' is an explicit account of a doomed gay love affair between two cowboys. It seems just plain wrong for 'Forgive Someone' to be used as a soundtrack when Morrissey has explicitly stated he is NOT homosexual and his 'bromance' with Jake absolutely did not include sexual intimacy. Perhaps this explains the video for KMAL? Is it a sign of Morrissey's frustration? He has clearly stated he is NOT homosexual yet his music is still being used as propaganda for gay liberation, presumably because they have these lines:

"Shorts and supports and faulty shower heads
At track and field we dreamt of our beds
In the bleachers you sit with your legs spread, smiling
"Here's one thing you'll never have"

Our truth will die with me"

This lyric is probably about a girl cheerleader who won't let her man her any 'pussy'. It could easily describe a scene from 'Mean Girls' or 'Bad Teacher'. The tragedy is that Morrissey's ambition is so low that he hasn't the confidence to negotiate that KMAL be included in the new Mean Girls movie as part of any record deal. Blame Harvest! Instead of aiming for the heights of Hollywood he is so battered by being suspected of covert homosexuality that he resorts to a cheapo video of a couple of models in lingerie to refute the homosexual propaganda agenda that plagues his music because of unauthorised videos like this. 'Kiss Me A Lot' deserved the widest possible canvas and audience. It's not just a shame, it's a tragedy. But, we are where we are.....

best
BB

Last edited:
Re: Article: "Kiss Me A Lot" official video directed by Sam Esty Rayner - TTY

were all being saved from ourselves. the relentlessness is NOT about morrissey its about saving us from our misguided beliefs that are harming us and the world at large. or its just about pointlessly arguing assumptions made by a person whos opinion means little who cant seem to convince anyone of anything. its also on a base level just sad to see a person enjoy harassing others on a site made for fans or the fascinated to come together among and talk about shared interests i.e morrissey. hes already said is not about morrissey so it must be about us (or clicks) or just his own need to save us from imaginary harm while feeling superior and purposeful. either way i just dont have time to waste on the insincere and immature. either way its just best to save the pointless action of debating with the deceitful and dishonest

I interpret your howl of anguish and pain as being, not about me, but about the wider reaction to the video for KMAL. I can understand that you need to direct your fury at me, but that's not going to help you deal with this crisis you're experiencing.

Please, don't waste any more time on me. Why don't you register on the site and then you can put me on Ignore and just talk to the 'fans'? I feel sorry for you that you felt the need to deliver this outburst but I hope it has helped you on your journey to recovery.

best
BB

This is just as amateurish as the recent merchandising items or the lousy photoshop on his last lp. And as ugly as the trousers he wears nowadays – like in the very video.

Exactly. If Brummie thinks these long winded dull treatises are somehow his dissertation on modern celebrity then he is clearly failing to elucidate his point adequately, because when I read them all I see is this:

Blah blah blah Morrissey bla blah blah blah Morrissey blah blah blah blah blah blah Morrissey blah blah Morrissey blah blah blah blah blah blah blah Morrissey blah Morrissey blah blah blah blah blah blah blah Morrissey. :crazy:

You know such is the vastness of the internet I'm sure there are many forums that discuss the study popular culture etc where Brummie can share his view with other like-minded pompous would-be intellectuals, but instead he chooses to come to a MORRISSEY fan site because he is a TROLL.

On a side note Mando reminds me of a slightly beefier Mexican version of the human tripod himself, Willem Defoe :lbf:

I'm just having fun, it's your decision to become upset. You could choose to Ignore it, but you can't.Why is that? Morrissey is renowed as the leading intellectual voice in popular music. Academics spend years writing tomes on his 'mysterious, enigmatic persona'. They've wasted their time. Nobody is asking you to read my words or reply to them. I find it both sad and amusing that you cannot exercise the impulse restraint to ignore me and focus on your fascinating observations about cast members of this epochal video.

best
BB

Clever Moz...I imagine this is exactly the reaction intended.... his self-directed PR machine has, ultimately, triumphed yet again and that little wry smile of his undoubtedly appears in silent contemplation of media conquest......
If this is really as good as it gets though, can we at least have a bit more belligerent hip swagger please ... and a few semi-naked men in equal measure to redress the balance....and keep world peace.

No, his PR/Troll campaign hasn't worked. The feminists at The Guardian have clearly made a decision to ignore this meretricious video. He was, no doubt, hoping that Jessica Valenti to go beserk but she's presumably bored of the silly old troll. Or he's just not going to generate enough click-bait ad revenue anymore.

best
BB

I interpret your howl of anguish and pain as being, not about me, but about the wider reaction to the video for KMAL. I can understand that you need to direct your fury at me, but that's not going to help you deal with this crisis you're experiencing.

Please, don't waste any more time on me. Why don't you register on the site and then you can put me on Ignore and just talk to the 'fans'? I feel sorry for you that you felt the need to deliver this outburst but I hope it has helped you on your journey to recovery.

best
BB

i didnt address you as you are doing to me, i was talking to someone else. yes im a constant example of fury but thats another assumption not worth the time arguing as i said earlier. wastes of time.

so better questions to ask is do we all think mozs demographic is mostly male, as an anon stated, because from the shows i go to there seem to be many many woman attending. if thats true and moz knows it do you think this was supposed to be for woman to be glad at in its statement or for men to look at woman scantly clad, which seems less likely as there watching on the internet and all sorts of naked delights await a click away or for both to feel both at the same time. if the execution had been better then the video might have been ingenious though thats probably also unfair as we dont know time constraints or budget concerns.

This lyric is probably about a girl cheerleader who won't let her man her any 'pussy'.

And again there Morrissey was channeling his inner Taylor in the "you belong with me" video! It's all very cleverly done.
Notice how Taylor is two people in that video, and only one of them is a bitch. Maybe it's the same with Morrissey? Maybe he's just really a shy girl who wants to be asked out and wear a nice dress at the Prom? And Damon isn't man enough?

I'm sorry if I break hearts here but I'm with you BB, we should address the issue of Morrissey's brand new heterosexuality, encourage him to have a sex change, and find him a nice man.

I'm just having fun, it's your decision to become upset. You could choose to Ignore it, but you can't.Why is that? Morrissey is renowed as the leading intellectual voice in popular music. Academics spend years writing tomes on his 'mysterious, enigmatic persona'. They've wasted their time. Nobody is asking you to read my words or reply to them. I find it both sad and amusing that you cannot exercise the impulse restraint to ignore me and focus on your fascinating observations about cast members of this epochal video.

best
BB

But I'm not upset, just bored. If only you knew how to surprise people :lbf:

F
were all being saved from ourselves. the relentlessness is NOT about morrissey its about saving us from our misguided beliefs that are harming us and the world at large. or its just about pointlessly arguing assumptions made by a person whos opinion means little who cant seem to convince anyone of anything. its also on a base level just sad to see a person enjoy harassing others on a site made for fans or the fascinated to come together among and talk about shared interests i.e morrissey. hes already said is not about morrissey so it must be about us (or clicks) or just his own need to save us from imaginary harm while feeling superior and purposeful. either way i just dont have time to waste on the insincere and immature. either way its just best to save the pointless action of debating with the deceitful and dishonest[/QUOTE

Well i an out can not really be bothered to read such long post any more Jesus how can you guys write them
A medal to you people for your dedication
PS i agree with you

im naturally long winded and write most of the day these days so it just spills out without much thought. i like it that way here as it keeps me honest while revision and care lead me to care about presentation and ego which arent good things imo

Most of the comments are scathingly negative. Even his devoted fans have got their sick bags out over this one. You seem to be claiming that Morrissey is entitled to use female 'tits' to market himself to the world and that is either a 'profound concept' or 'tongue in cheek'. We could say the same about every single MTV where women have been used as ornaments for male egos.

Lots of artists have been around for decades longer than Morrissey and do not resort to crass sexism to revitalise interest in their work. There has been very little interest in this nonsensical video outside of this forum, even the feminists at The Guardian have failed to take the bait. Do not confuse multiple pages of people mocking an ageing male sexist for 'devotion'. It is largely well-deserved ridicule.

Many people invested an enormous trust and confidence in Morrissey that he would be a standard-bearer for progressive ideas, including the idea that women's 'tits' are irrlevant to publicising a new single or American tour. If he wants to scrawl over his ageing man-boobs, that's fine. Or perhaps not... It's been a hilarious thread. It's no surprise to me that his more desperate fans resort to such absurd justifications, giving him the right to use female 'tits' but it is especially surprising when such justifications and equivocations emerge from his female fans. The video is grossly sexist. He is trolling feminism for the lulz but must be pissed off as he isn't getting the response he hoped for. He is being dismissed as a troll. Again.

best
BB

My point was that the inclusion of scantily clad women may or may not have been Morrissey's idea, and the reasoning for this imagery can only be genuinely explained by Morrissey and Sam. It could have been a condemnation of the practice or just an easy way to get attention. Without clarification, no one can be sure. I do agree with you that there have always been higher expectations for Morrissey, and admittedly this does not meet those standards. In fact, I've always wondered why he never seized the opportunity to elevate music videos by incorporating the influences of classic film, literature, and music that were an integral component in his lyrics. The Smiths initially refused to do them, which seems like such a missed opportunity.

As for the use of beautiful half-naked figures to promote his music, Morrissey has used male and female imagery equally, including the use of his own flesh. Concerning the issue of female exploitation in this particular video, I would be outraged if I found out that these women were part of a sex- slave trafficking ring; otherwise, they presumably had the choice to participate in this production or not, so they were in no way unwilling victims. Attractive men are being used increasingly more often to market products, so right or wrong, we are closing the gap in this area. Personally, I am more offended by stupidity in marketing and advertising than I am by nudity.

While the reaction to this video has been mostly negative, I highly doubt that it will affect ticket sales on Friday. You previously stated that the devotion to Morrissey is based on some nostalgic hold; but, I completely disagree. That may be true for some, but every time I attend a concert, I meet people, young and old, who have recently discovered him and who are totally enamoured with his work. If his fan base was completely disillusioned as you claim, he would simply fade away; yet, so many people continue to express interest in him. No matter how many times he stumbles, and god knows he stumbles a lot, people seem to find enough value in his music to overlook the low points.

Obviously, you and I will never agree on most issues, so I'm not in anyway expecting to change your mind; I'm just expressing my opinion. I also wanted to thank you for sharing the ChainSmokers video earlier in the thread. It's both funny and sadly realistic.

lynnda

Morrissey is very very handsome, no wonder he attracts such jealous blokes on this forum.

He used to be moderately handsome, at least in posed photographs. Now he has to throw in a few young female breasts to disguise the fact that time has not been kind to his looks. It seems to be an issue for him as he's using 10 year old photos to advertise his latest tours. He also appears very, very jealous that younger artists are now given camera time in preference to him.

best
BB

- - - Updated - - -

But I'm not upset, just bored. If only you knew how to surprise people :lbf:

If you're bored, why don't you find something more rewarding to do than continually troll me as I consider the historic impact of this video on Morrissey's legacy? If that's of no interest to you, fine, but you really are making yourself look like a silly troll. Just like Morrissey does with this video.

best
BB

- - - Updated - - -

F
were all being saved from ourselves. the relentlessness is NOT about morrissey its about saving us from our misguided beliefs that are harming us and the world at large. or its just about pointlessly arguing assumptions made by a person whos opinion means little who cant seem to convince anyone of anything. its also on a base level just sad to see a person enjoy harassing others on a site made for fans or the fascinated to come together among and talk about shared interests i.e morrissey. hes already said is not about morrissey so it must be about us (or clicks) or just his own need to save us from imaginary harm while feeling superior and purposeful. either way i just dont have time to waste on the insincere and immature. either way its just best to save the pointless action of debating with the deceitful and dishonest[/QUOTE

Well i an out can not really be bothered to read such long post any more Jesus how can you guys write them
A medal to you people for your dedication
PS i agree with you

Nobody is being forced to read anything. Perhaps you might enjoy reading some comics for a while? Goodbye.

best
BB

i didnt address you as you are doing to me, i was talking to someone else. yes im a constant example of fury but thats another assumption not worth the time arguing as i said earlier. wastes of time.

so better questions to ask is do we all think mozs demographic is mostly male, as an anon stated, because from the shows i go to there seem to be many many woman attending. if thats true and moz knows it do you think this was supposed to be for woman to be glad at in its statement or for men to look at woman scantly clad, which seems less likely as there watching on the internet and all sorts of naked delights await a click away or for both to feel both at the same time. if the execution had been better then the video might have been ingenious though thats probably also unfair as we dont know time constraints or budget concerns.

To answer your question: I think he is trolling feminists and doesn't care much about his female audience, especially those who are fat. He writes a lot of body-shaming stuff about women in his autobiography. I think he has issues about women who put on weight. He must know that he this video will be hurtful to many of his female audience but presumably he thinks he will recruit more straight men to replace them. I've no idea why he'd prefer that demographic profile in his audience as he has stated he's not homosexual so you'd think he'd want more women at this show.

best
BB

- - - Updated - - -

First of all, Morrissey is not ugly.

Secondly, If this video is about his heterosexuality, wouldn't him posing nude with a bunch of dudes while grabbing's Jesse's tit be about his homosexuality?

You are a total troll who needs a hobby.

Morrissey is ugly by the terms of conventional male beauty which idolizes youth. He played by these rules himself when he was younger but now resorts to using decade old photographs to advertise his tours. The juxtaposition between a rich, middle-aged man who is balding, greying and wearing clothes designed by the gay fashion elite for young men and the beauty of the women hired as titillating eye-candy only highlights his relative 'ugliness'. If he is foolish enough to co-opt sexist and ageist tropes by hiring lingerie clad young females for a video, he cannot expect to be exempt from being judged by those same limited and comparative standards. In contrast to the beautiful women he is indeed ugly. And his use of his money and fame to present them as mere extraneous eye-candy in his video adds to the ugliness.

Morrissey is publicly discussed and dismissed as a troll. He needs a new hobby beyond trolling feminism in his music video.

best
BB

Brav-f***ing-o! More masturbatory fodder from Prisoner #001 of the Morrissey Penal Colony. A thread almost unanimous in it's opinion of the video, and yet Inmate Can't-Get-Enough-of-Myself manages to spend an entire day droning on and on and on to keep himself hard and entertained while in solitary confinement.

Morrissey presents himself as a serious intellectual. Surely we should take his claims seriously? I am merely responding to his provocations with some humour and wit. I come and go from this forum as it pleases me. You, however, appear to be a prisoner of my every word as you are unable to simply ignore me. That is surely your problem. Not mine. And your trolling amuses me.

best
BB

- - - Updated - - -

Ok! My thought is, the girls COULD be post-op transsexuals. Since typical cheeseball ladies seems so incongruous, that was my thought. And then I thought Moz would want dudes to think they're just cheeseball ladies, and then they'd be attracted to transsexuals, and laughs galore for Moz. His whole career he's been fascinated with gender being nebulous.

Even if they were, what right would Morrissey have to use transgender persons as eye-candy? They would still be women and thus he would simply be guilty of casually appropriating their struggles against cissexism and patriarchy.

- - - Updated - - -

Oh, a million trillion laughs!! There's nothing wrong with your obsessions with Morrissey's sex life and cheese. Nothing at all

I do not have any obsession with Morrissey's sex life. I had taken him on his word that he doesn't have a sex life. He reveals no trace of it in his 'Autobiography'. Therefore it is troubling to see him use conventional heterosexist imagery in what appears to be a soft-porn fantasy video for KMAL. I am open to other interpretations but I have yet to read any of substance.

best
BB

He used to be moderately handsome, at least in posed photographs. Now he has to throw in a few young female breasts to disguise the fact that time has not been kind to his looks. It seems to be an issue for him as he's using 10 year old photos to advertise his latest tours. He also appears very, very jealous that younger artists are now given camera time in preference to him.

best
BB

- - - Updated - - -

If you're bored, why don't you find something more rewarding to do than continually troll me as I consider the historic impact of this video on Morrissey's legacy? If that's of no interest to you, fine, but you really are making yourself look like a silly troll. Just like Morrissey does with this video.

best
BB

- - - Updated - - -

F

Nobody is being forced to read anything. Perhaps you might enjoy reading some comics for a while? Goodbye.

best
BB
. For me personally your rants are way too long to read, but enough to prove you spend a lot of time alone, so I am guessing you are not a looker? Seen enough of Moz on recent concerts to appreciate his is one handsome ...... troll lol X

Why don't we all strip off to our undies, write 'kiss me a lot' all over our bodies and make an alternative, more diverse and representative version of this video? That way Morrissey might see the error of his ways.

I'm sure Morrissey knew this video would cause 'offence' in just the same way that Katie Hopkins, Nigel Farage and Jeremy Clarkson know they will cause offence when they troll the public for 'outrage'. However, with Morrissey it raises the question of how sincere any of his appropriations of feminsit or LGBTQI cultural motifs have been for the last 3 decades.
Sadly, it appears he may be nothing more than your lowest-common-denomitor face-time attention-whore fame hag, trolling any and all topics that will put his ego centre-stage regardless of the sensitivity of the issue at hand. The Utoya massacre in Norway, Chinese people classed as a 'sub-species', mocking pregnancy-related illness in a princess, lingerie models as eye-candy, it now seems that the only thing that matters is whether or not some gratuitous 'outrage' is engendered by his trite tropes. I am not 'outraged' by his risible trolling, but I am amused by his catastrophic descent into a comedic pantomime villain. And by the response of his cult-fan casualties to yet more evidence that he is a foolish clown.

In the early 80s he appropriated feminist and LGBTQI tropes and images in a way that suggested he was genuinely interested in cultural and social change through political art. Now he appears to be comfortable with embracing all of the outmoded cliches of sexist music videos that he initially seemed to oppose. He was supportive of feminist critiques of sexism in music when it was expedient but now he appears to be comfortable aligning himself with a blatantly machismo agenda where his entourage open this video by encouraging the viewer to kick back, smoke a blunt and watch as the lingerie clad models lasciviously gyrate to Morrissey's banal sexual fantasies.

Without any explanation from him, I see no reason not to conclude that this is just the latest troll campaign by an increasingly bitter, angry and desperate C List Celeb who simply cannot accept that genuine world-wide Fame has passed him by. He has cleary made 'fame' his life project so one can only be sad that he is reduced to employing all the cliches that he initially railed against. In a world where Sharon Osbourne fronts 'Dave' reversing heterosexist twerking in a mocking humourous advert , Morrissey appears to be hopelessly estranged from the current debates on sex, gender and sexuality. Perhaps they were only ever useful topics to use as props to attain fame but now must be dropped in order to reconnect with the heterosexist heartlands of middle America to sell tickets for his upcoming tour.

There is a serious discussion taking place about the effects of gratuitous sexualisation in music videos. Morrissey would do well to direct his nephew to the following article:

http://www.dailytelegraph.com.au/ne...-how-to-sell-out/story-fni0cwl5-1227070613498

Dave's #EpicStrut TV Ad | MoneySuperMarket | January 2015 [HD] [OFFICIAL]

Last edited by a moderator:
II have a wife and daughter. And a sister. I do not tolerate gratuitous sexism from has-been pop stars which creates a sexist environment for members of my family.

best
BB

Sexualised music videos only teach women how to sell out

http://www.dailytelegraph.com.au/ne...-how-to-sell-out/story-fni0cwl5-1227070613498

Oh Brummie, just when we were getting on so well. I was almost willing to over look Cliff Richard-gate and then you come out with this. If you were really the feminist killjoy you were making yourself out to be on this thread, you'd know that we don't tolerate men saying things like 'I have a wife/daughter/sister etc' as an argument as to why you don't support gratuitous sexism. You shouldn't support gratuitous sexism because women are people, end of. Back to feminism 101 for you, kiddo. ;)

I'm sure Morrissey knew this video would cause 'offence' in just the same way that Katie Hopkins, Nigel Farage and Jeremy Clarkson know they will cause offence when they troll the public for 'outrage'. However, with Morrissey it raises the question of how sincere any of his appropriations of feminsit or LGBTQI cultural motifs have been for the last 3 decades.
Sadly, it appears he may be nothing more than your lowest-common-denomitor face-time attention-whore fame hag, trolling any and all topics that will put his ego centre-stage regardless of the sensitivity of the issue at hand. The Utoya massacre in Norway, Chinese people classed as a 'sub-species', mocking pregnancy-related illness in a princess, lingerie models as eye-candy, it now seems that the only thing that matters is whether or not some gratuitous 'outrage' is engendered by his trite tropes. I am not 'outraged' by his risible trolling, but I am amused by his catastrophic descent into a comedic pantomime villain. And by the response of his cult-fan casualties to yet more evidence that he is a foolish clown.

In the early 80s he appropriated feminist and LGBTQI tropes and images in a way that suggested he was genuinely interested in cultural and social change through political art. Now he appears to be comfortable with embracing all of the outmoded cliches of sexist music videos that he initially seemed to oppose. He was supportive of feminist critiques of sexism in music when it was expedient but now he appears to be comfortable aligning himself with a blatantly machismo agenda where his entourage open this video by encouraging the viewer to kick back, smoke a blunt and watch as the lingerie clad models lasciviously gyrate to Morrissey's banal sexual fantasies.

Without any explanation from him, I see no reason not to conclude that this is just the latest troll campaign by an increasingly bitter, angry and desperate C List Celeb who simply cannot accept that genuine world-wide Fame has passed him by. He has cleary made 'fame' his life project so one can only be sad that he is reduced to employing all the cliches that he initially railed against. In a world where Sharon Osbourne fronts 'Dave' reversing heterosexist twerking in a mocking humourous advert , Morrissey appears to be hopelessly estranged from the current debates on sex, gender and sexuality. Perhaps they were only ever useful topics to use as props to attain fame but now must be dropped in order to reconnect with the heterosexist heartlands of middle America to sell tickets for his upcoming tour.

There is a serious discussion taking place about the effects of gratuitous sexualisation in music videos. Morrissey would do well to direct his nephew to the following article:

Dave's #EpicStrut TV Ad | MoneySuperMarket | January 2015 [HD] [OFFICIAL]

Jesus christ it's just a video with a couple of women in it half dressed, it drives me mad that anything to do with women is f***ing sexist and degrading to ALL women. Just get the f*** over it!!!

Some people (BB) will have morrisseys head on a stake if he so much as sneezes

He's making fun of the sick

I assumed you were being serious. I was typing a detailed reply when you post this comment. You are able to have fun because you have no power. Morrissey's idea of 'fun' using women's breasts to attract male eyeballs to his new single is not 'fun' as it perpetuates damaging stereotypes about women. I have a wife and daughter. And a sister. I do not tolerate gratuitous sexism from has-been pop stars which creates a sexist environment for members of my family.

Morrissey cannot have it both ways. [sic] He cannot randomly ransack feminist and LGBTIQ culture for 'shock' effect whilst claiming to be a serious 'intellectual' then dream up heterosexist soft porn video fantasies without appearing utterly ridiculous to any serious person who watches his supposedly 'radical' art.

best
BB

Sexualised music videos only teach women how to sell out

LOL all you are doing is calling women stupid, women can't see another woman 'sell out' without doing it themselves?
Everyone chooses there carer path, both men AND women are models but of course men are far too smart to follow anything, they can make there own decisions unlike women.

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom