Kirsteen Young

Fawdy

Breathtakingly awful. Surely there are other careers she would be more suitable for. So for me the worst support act ever for Moz. Who was the best?

I really like her. Although, she is surprisingly heavy for someone supporting Moz.

I like her too....she is beautifully bloody bonkers....but aren't we all?

No, most people are nauseatingly safe and well-grounded. The ones who go out of their way to say how crazy they are are almost always the tamest of the lot.

I really like her latest album however when she played in Plymouth you couldn't hear a word she was trying to sing and I'll be honest I was hoping she'd leave the stage early. Hopefully she's on better form in Brixton.

I thought she was pretty cool when I saw her in Plymouth, but the sound wasn't good for her and I was anticipating Moz too much to give her my full attention. Been listening to her recordings since and been really getting into her. Would like to see her in a small venue with better sound headlining her own show.

Breathtakingly awful. Surely there are other careers she would be more suitable for. So for me the worst support act ever for Moz. Who was the best?
Well, each to their own but I happen to think Kristeen is great ,certainly better than Dull and the Kicks and The Ordinary boys (both only bought on as a favour to their management- though to be fair Moz regretted letting The OBs play, like Weller he is not a fan of The singer). She is also much better than Girl in a comma and a host of others. A friend of mine, who now never comes to visit me in London (and he only lives in Brighton!!!) because I keep coming on here and he hates the site- also I do nick his quotes and ideas a lot and put them on here(I showed him once and he didn't speak to me for a year!).
Anyway, he is friendly with KY and he says she is intelligent,funny and nice (if he finds out I even wrote this, I will have to move out of London for fear he will get the boys on me!)

Phranc were good, gallon drunk were good... The said mate of mine always liked Marion.

I can't wait to see her play in London. V the Volcanic has barely left my ears since it was released, it's great.

Like her past couple of efforts though it suffers from some odd production, loudness war at full pelt and sometimes an off putting noise constantly goes through one channel.

I love her though.

I can't wait to see her play in London. V the Volcanic has barely left my ears since it was released, it's great.

Like her past couple of efforts though it suffers from some odd production, loudness war at full pelt and sometimes an off putting noise constantly goes through one channel.

I love her though.

If by "released" you mean that Tony Visconti paid out-of-pocket for her to press a limited number of CDs, then yeah, wow...Girl Power!

If by "released" you mean that Tony Visconti paid out-of-pocket for her to press a limited number of CDs, then yeah, wow...Girl Power!
Well, someone always pays out of someones pocket don't be so silly. That was just a stupid attempt to sully her name... She hasn't got a label sure but she is still getting the product out there.
A lot of singers are in her position and end up getting loans and/or a benefactor to pay- its happened in the arts for centuries dear boy. I think it does show some girl power to stand there and sing (with out a band) in front of a crowd especially Morrisseys crowd. Also, her voice and songs are her own (for better or worse). They are at least slightly left of centre unlike most of the drama school dross that ends up in the charts or the silly Dull with her mission to try and be punk and shocking when she is just a middle class little girl who reads gossip mags and has nothing interesting to say.

The stick that Miss Young gets simply because Morrissey likes her is amazing- its obvious he likes her more than almost all his other support bands as well.

Back
Top Bottom