King Leer cover by Alain Whyte

Alain Whyte has been doing covers of a lot of the songs him and Morrissey had worked on over the years. Great to hear them stripped down to their acoustic origins. I hope they collaborate again. To me, Alain was Morrissey's best collaborator. But anyways here's his take on King Leer. Kill Uncle is very underrated

S

SimonNB

Alain Whyte has been doing covers of a lot of the songs him and Morrissey had worked on over the years. Great to hear them stripped down to their acoustic origins. I hope they collaborate again. To me, Alain was Morrissey's best collaborator. But anyways here's his take on King Leer. Kill Uncle is very underrated

Great stuff. Loved that.

Tom

Morrissey is in desperate need of Alain's songwriting. His past several albums over the past decade have been missing those catchy melodies.

A

Anonymous

His actual views are fine - it's the unhinged feminist & his fact-checking that are the issue.

Having watched every last one of her Godawful videos, I can't imagine that he's still keen on her but he might try to justify his initial enthusiasm by highlighting her animal rights activism or something like that - which could be dire.

So, yes, with any luck... ☘☘☘☘☘☘
Dude, any idea how worried it makes the rest of us when even you express concern about a new interview with Steve?

A

Anony

Morrissey is in desperate need of Alain's songwriting. His past several albums over the past decade have been missing those catchy melodies.
Rubbish - Alain is a nice bloke and wrote a handful of really great songs. But in total, he contributed more songs than J Marr (around 70). About 55-60 of Marr's were amazing, but only 10-15 of Whyte's came close. Think of a generic plodding indie Morrissey song from 1995-2010 and it would have been a Morrissey/Whyte composition. Munich Air Disaster.

Haunted4Wanting

3× National Front Disco champion 🏆
Kill Uncle is not underrated. It's Morrissey's worst, worser than Low in high school which is better produced and has more musical power. That said, Kill uncle still has good songs, but dragged down by a weak production. If those songs were re-recorded, they could shine.
I'd put Southpaw as his worst and KU in top 5 but just shows his diversity

Lawrence

Back in the day browser (since November 1997)
Wonderful! I always preferred the rockabilly take of this song and saw it performed live twice, back in 1991. The first time at Wembley Arena, the other time at the Hammersmith Apollo. Along with Stephen Street and Boz, Morrissey’s best post-Smiths collaborator.
How very sorely he’s missed now. Oh well. Some’ll never learn. What’s to be done, eh?

NealCassidy

FREE SPEECH
Alain whyte ‘why are we here?’

A

Anonymous

Rubbish - Alain is a nice bloke and wrote a handful of really great songs. But in total, he contributed more songs than J Marr (around 70). About 55-60 of Marr's were amazing, but only 10-15 of Whyte's came close. Think of a generic plodding indie Morrissey song from 1995-2010 and it would have been a Morrissey/Whyte composition. Munich Air Disaster.

They didn't write or contribute songs. They wrote and contributed music, which Morrissey turned into songs. You could argue that Marr's music was more inspirational.

Famous when dead

Vulgarian
Tonight's:

A cover of The Smiths classic, Well I Wonder from Meat Is Murder.
"This is the last (#SafeAtHome sessions) song I will ever sing"
🎶

Seriously, at the risk of sounding all "Boy That Cried Wolf", this is likely to be the last one. At least for a while. Maybe one more... maybe something extra special.
Maybe. Perhaps, an unreleased Moz/Whyte track for the grand finale?!?
🤔
😲

For now, thank you for all of the incredible comments, messages and just general support and appreciation for these. I hope you enjoy this one and the hours of previous tracks that have been shared.
❤️

A

Anonymous

His facial expressions are hilarious. He looks like he's in a hostage video, being forced to sing Morrissey songs at gunpoint.

Tags
alain whyte kill uncle morrissey
Top Bottom