killers related question

L

L

a friend of mine who should remain nameless swears they are christians, saw them last night at the brixton academy and they absolutely rocked it ,please tell me they're not really jesus freaks.

> a friend of mine who should remain nameless swears they are christians,
> saw them last night at the brixton academy and they absolutely rocked it
> ,please tell me they're not really jesus freaks.

Surely you can be a christian without being a "jesus freak"? What I mean is they may have a religion that has no connection with their music, which if the case surely makes no difference?

> Surely you can be a christian without being a "jesus freak"?
> What I mean is they may have a religion that has no connection with their
> music, which if the case surely makes no difference?

i'm just being a fascist sorry ,just can't relate to orgonised relegion ,it just gives me the creeps

> a friend of mine who should remain nameless swears they are christians,
> saw them last night at the brixton academy and they absolutely rocked it
> ,please tell me they're not really jesus freaks.

Yep, Brandon Flowers is a devout Mormon. The Osmonds have been reborn in cool form.

Sk.

> Yep, Brandon Flowers is a devout Mormon. The Osmonds have been reborn in
> cool form.

> Sk.

oh dear, oh dear ,what a shame.........

> oh dear, oh dear ,what a shame.........

I was at my mum's 60th birthday party last night. I was the only atheist on the tables, amongst 15 christians. My Uncle was going on about Athlete, The Killers and Evanescence as good examples of christian music. I only spoke from a musical perspective. As an atheist, I have to say I admire people who have a code that they live their lives by - it's just not for me. I'm a scientist, not that that's mutually exclusive to being religious. Im just not. Hey ho.

Sk.

> i'm just being a fascist sorry ,just can't relate to orgonised relegion
> ,it just gives me the creeps

Yeah thats understandable.... If they are it doesn't show in their songs. Not that I can tell anyway.

> I was at my mum's 60th birthday party last night. I was the only atheist
> on the tables, amongst 15 christians. My Uncle was going on about Athlete,
> The Killers and Evanescence as good examples of christian music. I only
> spoke from a musical perspective. As an atheist, I have to say I admire
> people who have a code that they live their lives by - it's just not for
> me. I'm a scientist, not that that's mutually exclusive to being
> religious. Im just not. Hey ho.

> Sk.

ditto ,but unlike you i was born in a semi atheist family and was brought up on a healthy dose of marxism so relegion was never an issue ,saying that ,i do hope god (who ever he/she might be)doesn't catch up with me in the future .

> I was at my mum's 60th birthday party last night. I was the only atheist
> on the tables, amongst 15 christians. My Uncle was going on about Athlete,
> The Killers and Evanescence as good examples of christian music. I only
> spoke from a musical perspective. As an atheist, I have to say I admire
> people who have a code that they live their lives by - it's just not for
> me. I'm a scientist, not that that's mutually exclusive to being
> religious. Im just not. Hey ho.

> Sk.

We all love by morals, just some are formed by religion, some by person experience and opinion.

> ditto ,but unlike you i was born in a semi atheist family and was brought
> up on a healthy dose of marxism so relegion was never an issue ,saying
> that ,i do hope god (who ever he/she might be)doesn't catch up with me in
> the future .

God won't catch up with you Linda. Richard Dawkins has it right, one of the few living people I admire - Morrissey, Richard Dawkins and Dennis Skinner. What a triumvirate.

Sk.

Re: excuse my ignorance ,mais qui est richard dawkins?

thanks for the link

> We all love by morals, just some are formed by religion, some by person
> experience and opinion.

where do you guys get this information about brandon flowers being mormon? by the way does anyone know how old he is??

> where do you guys get this information about brandon flowers being mormon?
> by the way does anyone know how old he is??

someones mate by the sounds of it!

> i...was brought up on a healthy dose of marxism

There's nothing healthy about it.

I have many friends that are Mormon & they're actually quite normal. Jimmy Eat World is another band in the same realm as The Killers that have Mormons in it. Why can't we all get along??? I remember seeing The Killers open for Moz in LA at the Wiltern. Did they open all 5 nights? I never pay attention to the opening act. But I would have never thought they would become as big as they have. They're Mr Brightside video is constantly on MTV & the song is beginning to get overplayed on radio. They're coming to my town in April & I'm still debating on going. Enough of The Killers and being Mormon... I just want Moz on tour again SOON!!!!!!!!!!!!

Not having a go at you or anything, but does it really matter if they're christian? Most bands or artists you'd see (Moz included) are probably christian or religious on some level. I agree though it'd be a turn-off if they were preaching on stage or had heavy religious messages in their songs. (and this coming from a good catholic girl!)

Back
Top Bottom