Killarney, Ireland 04-13-2006

uhm i don't know how many of you have the video, if you don't then here you go

Intro
http://www.megaupload.com/?d=BVJ3XY0J (42 second intro)

here's the info from Passions just like yours or something. some people call it that....

First Of The Gang To Die
Still Ill
You Have Killed Me
The Youngest Was The Most Loved
Reader Meet Author
Let Me Kiss You
My Life Is A Succession Of People Saying Goodbye
Girlfriend In A Coma
I Will See You In Far Off Places
To Me You Are A Work Of Art
Life Is A Pigsty
Trouble Loves Me
How Soon Is Now?
Irish Blood, English Heart
A Song From Under The Floor Boards
I Just Want To See The Boy Happy
At Last I Am Born
/Last Night I Dreamt That Somebody Loved Me

This was one of the best welcomes of the European segment of the Tour Of The Tormentors MMVI. Morrissey was slightly ill, he made a reference to having the sniffles after a bad flight from Paris, but still gave the best performance possible. He was very chatty and witty, as usual. The fans were very vocal in their appreciation of Morrissey. The man himself seemed surprised of this, he sometimes stared at the crowd with a look of disbelief. There was no change in the setlist.
Entering stage, Morrissey greeted the audience "Welcome to the Rose Of Tralee!" before going into set opener "First Of The Gang To Die". Near the end of that song, Morrissey was hit by one of few drinks that were sent on stage within the space of a few minutes. This didn't break his stride, he finished the song, removed his soaked jacket and exclaimed "Thank you Killer-Larney!" After current single "You Have Killed Me", Morrissey discussed his newest album "Ringleader Of The Tormentors": "I feel, as far as 'Ringleader Of The Tormentors' is concerned, I feel inclined to brag... (crowd cheers) #1 in Sweden, #1 in England, #2 in Holland... and in Ireland? #3! (more cheers)". After "The Youngest Was The Most Loved", Morrissey joked "So off you go to Roxy's Records in Kill Uncle - Killarney! - but not tomorrow because it's blah-blah-blah-blah-blah!" (the next day was Good Friday, a holiday).

After "Reader Meet Author" Morrissey proceeded with the usual band introduction: "When I first met them, they were in an industrial school in Clonakilty... which is a coincidence of course. Would you please say hello to the brigade... the captain of the ship, Boz Boorer... the first lieutenant Gary Day... very sharp... to the rear gunner, Matt Walker... to the Texan Tornado Jesse Tobias... and to our secret weapon Michael Farrell! And I, am almost respectable..." After "Let Me Kiss You", Morrissey announced "I flew in yesterday, from Paris, on Aer Fungus so, naturally, having flown with Aer Fungus, I have a runny nose... but it becomes me... so, that's me!" After the next number he asked "Steady on..." and half-returned to the subject: "So I'm very lucky I can actually sing with my mouth closed... which comes in very handy when you've just flown with Aer Fungus... however,..."

After "I Will See You In Far Off Place", Morrissey joked "Well it's very very nice to be in the place that's famous for Kerry Gold butter (cheers), Brennan's bread (cheers), fat bellies (cheers) sorry, don't blame me!". "Life Is A Pigsty" was humourously introduced by Morrissey in an Irish accent, and by bringing up his current infatuation, the Eurovision Song Contest: "Now of course, I'm thrilled to have been asked to represent Ireland this year in the Eurovision Song Contest (cheers) and here is our song for the contest, I hope you like it!"

"Trouble Loves Me" was always preceded by a short piano intro of a well known local song on this tour, and in Killarney the song chosen was "Wild Rover". The crowd soon recognized the air and sang along while Morrissey did a bit of a jig. As the air segued into "Trouble Loves Me", Morrissey crossed himself before starting to sing. After that number Morrissey addressed front row regular Julia Riley: "Are you with us Julia? Are you okay?" He then handed her the microphone and she asked him how he was: "How am I? Julia I'm a mere spout in life, I find, a spout. Otherwise, I'm nothing." At the end of "How Soon Is Now?" Morrissey threw his sweat soaked shirt into the audience. Then after "Irish Blood, English Heart" which moved the audience into a huge singalong, Morrissey said "Now, I know you're all desperate to get to Jimmy O'Brien's Lounge Bar... or is it... (crowd shouts place names) What? Sorry?"

The Magazine cover "A Song From Under The Floorboards" was followed by Morrissey crediting it: "That was a Manchester song by a group that you all love called... (crowd shouts 'Magazine'!) Amazing how they forget..." Returning for the encore, Morrissey and his musicians all got into one line, arms around each other and bowed before going to their usual position. During the extended outro to encore "Last Night I Dreamt That Somebody Loved Me", Morrissey shook hands with the fans in the front row before leaving stage.

"On The Streets I Ran" was heard soundchecked earlier that day. It would not make it on the setlist until the tour reached England.

more to come

Last edited:
wow i don`t have this one, thanks for sharing :)

Thank you for these

But again I must ask... if anyone's willing to youtube it...? It's the best way for me to download it, I can't dwnld more than the intro otherwise :p
Quality won't be the same but hey...

sorry folks for the songs not comming up here that fast, but it takes forever for a song to upload even at the speed i'm wielding.
so......more to come
he'll roar like the young Morrissey you'll see:D

uhm i don't know how many of you have the video, if you don't then here you go

Intro
http://www.megaupload.com/?d=BVJ3XY0J (42 second intro)

here's the info from Passions just like yours or something. some people call it that....

First Of The Gang To Die
Still Ill
You Have Killed Me
The Youngest Was The Most Loved
Reader Meet Author
Let Me Kiss You
My Life Is A Succession Of People Saying Goodbye
Girlfriend In A Coma
I Will See You In Far Off Places
To Me You Are A Work Of Art
Life Is A Pigsty
Trouble Loves Me
How Soon Is Now?
Irish Blood, English Heart
A Song From Under The Floor Boards
I Just Want To See The Boy Happy
At Last I Am Born
/Last Night I Dreamt That Somebody Loved Me

This was one of the best welcomes of the European segment of the Tour Of The Tormentors MMVI. Morrissey was slightly ill, he made a reference to having the sniffles after a bad flight from Paris, but still gave the best performance possible. He was very chatty and witty, as usual. The fans were very vocal in their appreciation of Morrissey. The man himself seemed surprised of this, he sometimes stared at the crowd with a look of disbelief. There was no change in the setlist.
Entering stage, Morrissey greeted the audience "Welcome to the Rose Of Tralee!" before going into set opener "First Of The Gang To Die". Near the end of that song, Morrissey was hit by one of few drinks that were sent on stage within the space of a few minutes. This didn't break his stride, he finished the song, removed his soaked jacket and exclaimed "Thank you Killer-Larney!" After current single "You Have Killed Me", Morrissey discussed his newest album "Ringleader Of The Tormentors": "I feel, as far as 'Ringleader Of The Tormentors' is concerned, I feel inclined to brag... (crowd cheers) #1 in Sweden, #1 in England, #2 in Holland... and in Ireland? #3! (more cheers)". After "The Youngest Was The Most Loved", Morrissey joked "So off you go to Roxy's Records in Kill Uncle - Killarney! - but not tomorrow because it's blah-blah-blah-blah-blah!" (the next day was Good Friday, a holiday).

After "Reader Meet Author" Morrissey proceeded with the usual band introduction: "When I first met them, they were in an industrial school in Clonakilty... which is a coincidence of course. Would you please say hello to the brigade... the captain of the ship, Boz Boorer... the first lieutenant Gary Day... very sharp... to the rear gunner, Matt Walker... to the Texan Tornado Jesse Tobias... and to our secret weapon Michael Farrell! And I, am almost respectable..." After "Let Me Kiss You", Morrissey announced "I flew in yesterday, from Paris, on Aer Fungus so, naturally, having flown with Aer Fungus, I have a runny nose... but it becomes me... so, that's me!" After the next number he asked "Steady on..." and half-returned to the subject: "So I'm very lucky I can actually sing with my mouth closed... which comes in very handy when you've just flown with Aer Fungus... however,..."

After "I Will See You In Far Off Place", Morrissey joked "Well it's very very nice to be in the place that's famous for Kerry Gold butter (cheers), Brennan's bread (cheers), fat bellies (cheers) sorry, don't blame me!". "Life Is A Pigsty" was humourously introduced by Morrissey in an Irish accent, and by bringing up his current infatuation, the Eurovision Song Contest: "Now of course, I'm thrilled to have been asked to represent Ireland this year in the Eurovision Song Contest (cheers) and here is our song for the contest, I hope you like it!"

"Trouble Loves Me" was always preceded by a short piano intro of a well known local song on this tour, and in Killarney the song chosen was "Wild Rover". The crowd soon recognized the air and sang along while Morrissey did a bit of a jig. As the air segued into "Trouble Loves Me", Morrissey crossed himself before starting to sing. After that number Morrissey addressed front row regular Julia Riley: "Are you with us Julia? Are you okay?" He then handed her the microphone and she asked him how he was: "How am I? Julia I'm a mere spout in life, I find, a spout. Otherwise, I'm nothing." At the end of "How Soon Is Now?" Morrissey threw his sweat soaked shirt into the audience. Then after "Irish Blood, English Heart" which moved the audience into a huge singalong, Morrissey said "Now, I know you're all desperate to get to Jimmy O'Brien's Lounge Bar... or is it... (crowd shouts place names) What? Sorry?"

The Magazine cover "A Song From Under The Floorboards" was followed by Morrissey crediting it: "That was a Manchester song by a group that you all love called... (crowd shouts 'Magazine'!) Amazing how they forget..." Returning for the encore, Morrissey and his musicians all got into one line, arms around each other and bowed before going to their usual position. During the extended outro to encore "Last Night I Dreamt That Somebody Loved Me", Morrissey shook hands with the fans in the front row before leaving stage.

"On The Streets I Ran" was heard soundchecked earlier that day. It would not make it on the setlist until the tour reached England.

more to come
yes i agree,Killarney was def one of the best Moz gigs ive been to and the setlist was just perfect It was nice too to get so close to the man without sufferring bruises ! Here is on of the pics i took on my phone .A truely amazing night that will stay in my memories forever!

I was lucky enough to attend this great concert as well as the Sat and Sun in Dublin. I have this on DVD already but I really appreciate it when people share video/tv footage on this site. So thank you very much for your kind efforts

cossy:)

I was lucky enough to attend this great concert as well as the Sat and Sun in Dublin. I have this on DVD already but I really appreciate it when people share video/tv footage on this site. So thank you very much for your kind efforts

cossy:)

Same as the above!! Well said Cossy.
Please see Photo below from this Killarney concert.

Oh thankyou! so much! The one bit I must add is that he humorously changed around some of his lyrics. e.g instead of 'vulgarians nose' he said 'vegetarians nose', well I found it funny! Bloody hell I would....

I was initially annoyed that I couldn't get tickets for the Olympia in Dublin. Killarney was ten times better, far surpassed it. It was a small intimate venue, Town hall type place good Guinness in the pub up the road stayed in a lovely wee guest house. Also heard the sound was shite in the Olympia because the floor is concave and the walls are encroaching on the stage.

Anyone going to see Joyce and Rourke Dj in Kennedies tommorrow?

Back
Top Bottom