Killarney - Gleneagle INEC Arena (Sep. 24, 2022) post-show

Post your info and reviews related to this concert in the comments section below. Other links (photos, external reviews, etc.) related to this concert will also be compiled in this section as they are sent in.

Setlist:

We Hate It When Our Friends Become Successful / Our Frank / Billy Budd / Knockabout World / Black Cloud / First Of The Gang To Die / How Soon Is Now? / Rebels Without Applause / My Hurling Days Are Done / Half A Person / Bonfire Of Teenagers / Everyday Is Like Sunday / I Am Veronica / Never Had No One Ever / Sure Enough, The Telephone Rings / Frankly, Mr. Shankly (solo live debut) / The Loop / Jack The Ripper // Please, Please, Please, Let Me Get What I Want / Irish Blood, English Heart

Setlist courtesy of @aliceasr_theReturn

Last edited:
I strongly suspect that Morrissey is in my club when it comes to Tayto, in that only original Cheese & Onion cuts it. There is only one flavour that you need know.

Seems these are available in Tesco. Might give them a try n see what all the fuss is.

Crisps are racist!!!!!

Do people just fill up the gap, or are security quite forceful about staying in your allocated seat? Don’t think I’ve ever been to an all-seated gig before.
What usually happens is that the hardcore fans leg it down the front as soon as the show starts. Depending on the venue sometimes the in-house security will try and get people to return to their seats, but they usually give up after about 3 songs if there are too many people.

What usually happens is that the hardcore fans leg it down the front as soon as the show starts. Depending on the venue sometimes the in-house security will try and get people to return to their seats, but they usually give up after about 3 songs if there are too many people.
f***ers. I might trip a few up if they try to get past me; paid a small fortune for my ticket.

.... deep conversation ...

.... deep conversation ...

Excellent. If anyone comes across footage of Never Had No One Ever from the night, please post too.

In a local history magazine from near where I currently live, claims are made that the surnames Morris, Morrissey and Fitzmaurice all derive from the Anglo-Norman De Marisco family, which I've scanned and attached. Others say the name translates as sea (muir) action (geas) which mightn't be mutually exclusive, while another theory links it to Moorish origin - http://morrisseyfamilyhistory.com/i...icized version,someone with a dark complexion.

Someone else can do the other side, the Dwyers : )

Attachments

• Morrissey, De Marisco name history 1 001.jpg
    Morrissey, De Marisco name history 1 001.jpg
    517.6 KB · Views: 0
  • Morrissey, De Marisco name history 2 001.jpg
    Morrissey, De Marisco name history 2 001.jpg
    982.6 KB · Views: 0
Excellent. If anyone comes across footage of Never Had No One Ever from the night, please post too.

In a local history magazine from near where I currently live, claims are made that the surnames Morris, Morrissey and Fitzmaurice all derive from the Anglo-Norman De Marisco family, which I've scanned and attached. Others say the name translates as sea (muir) action (geas) which mightn't be mutually exclusive, while another theory links it to Moorish origin - http://morrisseyfamilyhistory.com/introduction.html#:~:text=Morrissey is an Anglicized version,someone with a dark complexion.

Someone else can do the other side, the Dwyers : )
"Action" is Moz's middle name.

Did anyone catch the aftershow party held in the Backstage Bar in the I.N.E.C and if so does anyone know if there are anymore planned on the rest of the tour ?

I never saw it as a swipe at Oasis.
Me neither, but I guess it's more dramatic to write that, and most prob didn't know the link.

Moz said to someone in the front row in Vegas "I know I do too" at the end of Bonfire. They must have shouted "But I like that one!".

Last edited:
Drummer Brendan Buckley took some class photos on a cycle around Killarney -

About 3 mins in here is a song called Killarney sung by John McCormack, in a forgotten film directed by Henry Fonda called Wings of the Morning -

"All those people, all those lives, where are they now?"

I'm not sure if reported, but when arriving on stage, Morrissey greeted the crowd 'Hello Cork - sorry, I mean Killarney', there being a friendly mainly sporting rivalry between the counties of Cork and Kerry, where Killarney is located.

Later, before one of the new tracks, he said, 'tomorrow's songs today!'

Last edited:

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom