Killarney - Gleneagle INEC Arena (Sep. 24, 2022) post-show

Post your info and reviews related to this concert in the comments section below. Other links (photos, external reviews, etc.) related to this concert will also be compiled in this section as they are sent in.

Setlist:

We Hate It When Our Friends Become Successful / Our Frank / Billy Budd / Knockabout World / Black Cloud / First Of The Gang To Die / How Soon Is Now? / Rebels Without Applause / My Hurling Days Are Done / Half A Person / Bonfire Of Teenagers / Everyday Is Like Sunday / I Am Veronica / Never Had No One Ever / Sure Enough, The Telephone Rings / Frankly, Mr. Shankly (solo live debut) / The Loop / Jack The Ripper // Please, Please, Please, Let Me Get What I Want / Irish Blood, English Heart

Setlist courtesy of @aliceasr_theReturn

Last edited:
Caz Baz, I’m personally on strike because hes’s not playing Paris. I suggest you join me. My fandom will not be the same.
You know very well my feelings about Paris 🤮
That said, I’m not looking forward to Bonfire either. But I’ll soldier on and give it a fair hearing tho.
I’m quite impressed overall with last nights play list😁
Looking forward to Half a cabbage....sorry half a person, the loop, and Jack.
I can only presume you’ll be up front trying as usual to clamber on stage again?

Very wide those pants from all sides a little better q the horrible old jeans, but there was too much fabric left, like when you buy a very long pants and do not shorten it. I wonder if Damon has his say when Moz chooses the clothes to wear at shows

I’ll be second row in Glasgow. Going to ask the venue security to look after my merchandise haul so it doesn’t get nicked by one of the locals while I’m distracted.
I just hope this time 85, you’ll be supervised by your career. We don’t want any more mishaps this time🤩

By god he fell from the butt, luckily Moz did not hit his head on the ground. It's amazing I told Moz a thousand times not to wear wide pants, but this time they were so wide down. he must have stepped on the leftover cloth and fell. Moz you must be very careful the balance with age is one of the things that are affected, beware of the wires l too, Moz you must take care of the stability of the body changes from the 50s ... How silly the fall was with luck

I’ll be second row in Glasgow. Going to ask the venue security to look after my merchandise haul so it doesn’t get nicked by one of the locals while I’m distracted.
even nailed to the floor doesnt mean it wont go walkies.

I hope novse has hit the head, it did not seem. But if it is hit you must control that no symptoms appear, some bruises generate late symptoms Tonto en caer

This is a relief actually as when he went over I couldn't see any cables or other hazards there, worried something more sinister going on - he had been perspiring alot.
Makes sense - I remember many disasters long ago with flares catching in bicycle chainwheels/pedals etc.
He tripped over the gap between the speaker box and the stage. Maybe a bruise on the bum today. He took it quite well. “I’m alive! I’m alive!”

Anyone know who wrote the Telegraph review? Be surprised if it's their main music critic, Neil McCormick? Fair comment about Bonfire. It's a pretty horrible song but a shame to tar all the new ones with that brush. Veronica's good and Rebels Without Applause is a beauty.

Last edited:
Anyone know who wrote the Telegraph review? Be surprised if it's their main music critic, Neil McCormick? Fair comment about Bonfire. It's a pretty horrible song but a shame to tar all the new ones with that brush. Veronica's good and Rebels Without Applause is a beauty.
Ed Power.
Regards,
FWD.

Whoever he is wasn't at the same gig as I was at...it was way up there with the best

The Telegraph review

Morrissey hits the stage, the chip on his shoulder saltier than ever​

3/5
The divisive former Smiths frontman opened his world tour with a stumble, a swipe at Oasis and a divine singalong

Ripping off his shirt and writhing on the floor, Morrissey was taking to extremes his promise that his new tour would have “no rules, regulations or restrictions”. The great disrobing came at the end of a punchy if uneven opening concert, as he plunged into Irish Blood, English Heart – his lament for an England he no longer recognised as the eccentric underdog of his youth. Shortly beforehand he had appeared to lose his footing but rather than spring back up went with it and wriggled about on his back. Horizontal or vertical, the crowd lapped up Moz’s wonky showmanship.
Morrissey fandom has always been complicated. Much like Bob Dylan, it was never obvious whether the singer, now 63, appreciated the adoration or found it darkly amusing. And that equation has grown more complex amid accusations of far-Right sympathies (he notoriously wore a badge of the For Britain political party on American TV and has claimed Hitler was “left-wing”).
He’s also taken aim at the monarchy, comparing the late Queen to “Muammar Gaddafi” in 2011. However, while he performed material from The Smiths’s 1986 masterpiece The Queen Is Dead (including a ribald Frankly, Mr Shankly) the title track was judiciously omitted in Killarney. The closest he came to a statement about royalty was via the collection of hand-picked music videos preceding the show. Here, the Sex Pistols’s God Save the Queen was followed by an old video of Val Doonican crooning Danny Boy.

As with Irish Blood, English Heart, that juxtaposition was a nod towards his identity as the Manchester-raised son of Irish parents. Yet this was far from a hometown crowd at the 3,000-capacity venue. A mingling of Irish, English and even the occasional American accents confirmed the faithful had travelled from far and wide to see Morrissey start his tour in a tourist town in south-west Ireland.
They’d come hoping to see their tall-haired hero evoke the glory days of The Smiths. What they got was a curious quiff-hanger from a performer in fine voice but with a chip on his shoulder so conspicuous it may have required its own dressing room.
Morrissey’s persona was, from his earliest days with the Smiths, a mix of salty and sweet. He certainly got merry in Kerry, opening the show by chucking a packet of crisps into the front row and later joking about the police swooping to arrest him when he inquired whether a local record store stocked any of his LPs. Backing him was a rambunctious band, that included guitarist Alain Whyte (a co-writer with Morrissey and, improbably, Madonna and the Black Eyed Peas).
But the performative surliness that has characterised much of his post-Smiths output crept in, too. With no label willing to take a punt on his new album, Bonfire of Teenagers, a batch of recent compositions fell on unreceptive ears. It didn’t help that they often radiated an unbecoming sourness.
This was exemplified by the title track, introduced as “an account of the current condition of modern England”. In fact, it was a tasteless ballad about the Manchester Arena bombing that felt like an excuse to take a swipe at Oasis (“the morons sing and sway, Don’t Look Back At Anger”).
Morrissey’s decline as lyricist and observer of the human condition was underlined when that dirge was followed by the divine Everyday Is Like Sunday. It was pop as poetry, with a singalong melody and lyrics both specific – he evokes forlorn holiday towns forensically – and universal in their elicitation of loneliness.
As he reached the “come Armageddon” coda, the audience joined in, swept along in misanthropic ecstasy. They were also perhaps relieved that, just for a moment, their idol was sparing them another underwhelming new song.

Pfft... Get over yourself.

Looking at the incident in slo-mo/frame by frame, it looked like the left leg of those awful trousers got stuck under his left heel, causing the trip. He should have stayed with the suit, as per previous tour; a much better look and, more importantly, safer. Get a grip Moz, please.
No, from several people I know who were in the front row, there was a raised edge between the stage and a platform he was on along the front of the stage. He caught his heel on the edge stepping backwards. The jeans had nothing to do with it.

Moz continued singing on the floor, that speaks of how professional he is, it was a good reaction immediately rejecting the help someone gave him and almost with anger he stretched his legs and made a movement that led him to the upright position of human. .....Humasex....

Screenshot_20220926-030800.png
Screenshot_20220926-030819.png

Unfortunately...it's tough to find jeans/trousers that aren't these days.
I'm honestly beginning to think you live in an alternate world to the rest of us. It's not 'tough' to find jeans that aren't skinny. All the major main retailers (Next, M&S etc etc) offer the choice of skinny, regular, or straight fit.

Fella, you can't even discuss jeans without thinking 'culture war'. I think you might actually be mad.

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom