Killarney - Gleneagle INEC Arena (Sep. 24, 2022) post-show

Post your info and reviews related to this concert in the comments section below. Other links (photos, external reviews, etc.) related to this concert will also be compiled in this section as they are sent in.

Setlist:

We Hate It When Our Friends Become Successful / Our Frank / Billy Budd / Knockabout World / Black Cloud / First Of The Gang To Die / How Soon Is Now? / Rebels Without Applause / My Hurling Days Are Done / Half A Person / Bonfire Of Teenagers / Everyday Is Like Sunday / I Am Veronica / Never Had No One Ever / Sure Enough, The Telephone Rings / Frankly, Mr. Shankly (solo live debut) / The Loop / Jack The Ripper // Please, Please, Please, Let Me Get What I Want / Irish Blood, English Heart

Setlist courtesy of @aliceasr_theReturn

Last edited:
Crush into his arms !

:rat::rat::rat::rat::rat::rat::rat:

The signed records, the guy and his wife/partner were in front of us. He had three. Queen is Dead. Dog on Chain. And Vauxhall. £750🤒. More money then sense but, each time their own.
I must say, the gig was one of the best in recent times (5-10 years)
Didn’t expect such an emphatic display.

I'd like to thank the genius at setlist.fm that, again, copied the information from here and added it as correct to their site - despite the very first post in this thread 👏
No actual attendees contributed to their efforts.
So now, they are missing The Loop - as I hadn't added it at the time (same goes for the FB 'spreader').
It has been placed circa when it was played in the list, but hasn't been confirmed - so it may change.
The songs played should be correct now though.
If that site et al becomes any more untrustworthy, then I'll leave it for others to wait (like historically here) &/or scrape up the correct information. They can probably go back to next day or longer for correct setlists - I personally pushed for a quicker, 'as it happens' approach, but that can happily cease if disinformation is the net result (where ever it may end up).

Moving on, the response to the gig has been very positive, although 'the fall' may overshadow it for those inclined to revel in things like that.
Regards,
FWD.

The signed records, the guy and his wife/partner were in front of us. He had three. Queen is Dead. Dog on Chain. And Vauxhall. £750🤒. More money then sense but, each time their own.
Janice…
the setlist tho..
I literally had zero interest.
maybe ‘cos he played the songs in May/July in ‘Merica
AND because Everyday Is Like Sunday, How Soon Is Now, Jack The Ripper and First of the Gang.. if they were never played again it’d be too soon!

Guess I’m in the minority for wanting new material and or a change up in setlist.

This looked great fun ..
He always puts on a good show in Ireland
Can't want for uk shows

Have to say the signed records thing is a bit much but then, he deserves the $ he has made people happy

Janice…
the setlist tho..
AND because Everyday Is Like Sunday, How Soon Is Now, Jack The Ripper and First of the Gang.. if they were never played again it’d be too soon!

Guess I’m in the minority for wanting new material and or a change up in setlist.
Looked good to me, wish I was there .
He did a good job, i' d say this looked as good as the last two nights in Vegas. Which was brilliant

eBay.

maybe 250 is too low.

A great set list and I don't think anybody can have any legitimate complaints. Although, of course, there will always be those who say, "Why didn't they play my favourite song?"

A good mix of classic hits, obscurities, and new stuff. Frankly, Mr Shankly is a really nice addition, too.

Leaving.
FWD.

Morrissey getting on a tour bus?!?! As another Manc sang: "Money too tight to mention."

And €250 for signed vinyl....

Guess he wants a private car when he's in the UK

How soon is now took on a new lease of life with the guitar line up. Alain was very lively as were all the band and Morrissey himself was very agile and looked great. He was hunkered near the end of Irish blood and rolled backwards. A crew member wasnt sure if he needed help up and came forward as Morrissey lay there in theatrical pose before jumping up nimbly. He seemed very fit and in fantastic voice. Bonfire of Teenagers and I am Veronica great to hear live. A few quips when the crowd started chanting his name, "pace yourselves" and slmething like "its early, wait and see". Later he said " I was in the record store in Killarney and asked shyly if there were any Morrissey records, the girl said nothing until the police arrived and took me away. But Im used to that" or words to that effect. He had Andy Williams singing Danny Boy in the pre show music and Morrissey did a great rendition at one point during his set. Our Frank, Billy Budd, EDILS, he opened with We hate it when, and the pace never really slowed, Hurling Days and Jack The Ripper were highlights. The venue was full and very hot, the band seemed to feel the heat too, fantastic atmosphere, far better than his last gig in Dublin. Shirt toss with a nice sparkly white number as he changed before the encore as the black shirt was soaking wet. The background was a combination of gifs of the tour poster person whose name I forget and actors and singers, Marilyn Monroe, Bruce Lee, Diana Dors amongst others. Nothing about the Queen though the Sdx Pistols "GSTQ" in the preshow. He seemed in great form and the location of venue really made it.
Excellent review! This is suitably going to annoy some frequent visitors to this Morrissey, ahem... fan site ;)

I wouldn’t be surprised if Frankly, Mr Shankly is not played again. In the past he has played Come Back To Camden and Nothing Rhymed only once and only in Ireland. At two shows I was lucky enough to be at.

Janice…
the setlist tho..

Unless you are a fan who travels all over the world (which I'm guessing most aren't), this is a pretty damn fresh setlist for UK/Ireland - yes, you've got those played to death standards, but we've got 4 brand new songs never before played on this continent, a Smiths cover getting it's solo debut, and plenty of relative obscurities like 'Our Frank' and 'We Hate It When Our Friends Become Successful' making a comeback.

Those who've already burned themselves out on these songs by doing the US tour only have themselves to blame - let the rest of us enjoy it!

eBay.

maybe 250 is too low.
I think the person who bought 3 different albums is an avid collector and multi gig goer. I like to buy records but I’d be in a little hot water if I bought 3 at a concert at a cost of €750

There was none left after the concert, so they do appear of value to those who subscribed.

All in all, a nice night was had by MOST👍

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom