Kill Uncle tour program - booklet -- scans of....

The Seeker of Good Songs

The pages are bigger than the scanner so I cenetered the scan to get the most of each, except for the ones that coverd 2 pages, which I did multiples of the pages.

KillUnclefrontcover.jpg

KillUnclepage0001.jpg

KillUnclepage0002.jpg

KillUnclepage0003.jpg

KillUnclepage0004.jpg

KillUnclepage0005.jpg

Bare breasted Phranc - look away if offended by such

KillUnclepage0006.jpg

KillUnclepage0007a.jpg

KillUnclepage0007b-8a.jpg

KillUnclepage0008b.jpg

KillUnclepage0009a.jpg

KillUnclepage0009b-10a.jpg

KillUnclepage00010b.jpg

KillUnclepage00011.jpg

KillUnclepage00012.jpg

KillUnclepage00013.jpg

KillUnclepage00014.jpg

KillUnclepage00015.jpg

KillUnclepage00016.jpg

KillUnclepage00017a.jpg

KillUnclepage00017b.jpg

KillUnclepage00018.jpg

KillUnclebackcover.jpg

Thanks for that, quite interesting.
Out of interest, who is the, er, topless women?

The Goat

That is Phranc. She opened for Morrissey on the tour.
A self described Jewish lesbian folk singer.

http://www.pholksinger.com/

"...While celebrating the success of Folksinger, Phranc spent the next several years touring with punk and alternative bands such as X, the Smiths, Husker Du, the Dead Kennedys, the Pogues and the Violent Femmes Landing a deal with Island Records, her follow-up, I Enjoy Being a Girl, was released in 1989. The album contained instant Phranc classics such as "Rodeo Parakeet," the aforementioned "Take Off Your Swastika" and the hushed, moving tribute to her grandmothers, "Myriam and Esther" People magazine suggested that Phranc "brings novelty, self-conscious sensitivity and self-referential sarcasm to the neo-folk genre."

Her third album, Positively Phranc, soon followed in 1991. Released to wide acclaim, the album contained many memorable moments including "Hitchcock," a quirky gem co-written with Dave Alvin on which Phranc found reflections of her lover in a cavalcade of movie heroines; "Surfer Girl," a stirring a cappella duet with Syd Straw; and "Outta Here," an elegy for the friends Phranc's lost to AIDS. "Tipton" hauntingly recalled the life and death of Billie Tipton, the remarkable Tacoma-based woman and jazz musician who passed as a man for 50 years. Two months after the album's release, Phranc embarked on a world tour with alternative icon Morrissey..."

Last edited:
Thanks for posting that -- never seen it.

In the first picture of Moz he's standing in front of a sign that says Nozoki Heya (basically "Peep Show") in the sleaze district of Shinjuku known as Kabukicho.

Morrissey and the lads looked so cool during this era. Timeless.

Thanks for posting that -- never seen it.

In the first picture of Moz he's standing in front of a sign that says Nozoki Heya (basically "Peep Show") in the sleaze district of Shinjuku known as Kabukicho.

Morrissey and the lads looked so cool during this era. Timeless.

Err, actually it's pronounced as Nozoki BEYA, rather than heya. Japanese is very difficult language-I can't explain why it has to be beya, rather than heya, just sounds better to say beya when it's combined with the word nozoki.

Last edited:
Err, actually it's pronounced as Nozoki BEYA, rather than heya. Japanese is very difficult language-I can't explain why it has to be beya, rather than heya, just sounds better to say beya when it's combined with the word nozoki.

I know about adding dakuten, like kado beya (corner room) or tsukuribanashi (made-up story) etc. -- I'm a translator, but I've never had to translate (or speak the word) for peepshow before. Interestingly, there aren't any "nozoki beya" anymore in the red-light districts. Sleaze has its own trends too, I guess.

I think I was just distracted at how cool that shot is!

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom