Kill Uncle Re-Issue Artwork Thread

Viva asked me to post these for him...
kufront.png
kuback.png

Linder and Viva, you both fecken rock!

Hi y'all.
I don't think it's necessary to completely change the artwork. You can do something new using the original photoshoot, therefore respecting the original spirit. Like the Bona Drag re-issue. (For Southpaw Grammar it was a great idea to completely change though !).
So anyway, here's my take for Kill Uncle :
ri2a.jpg

ri2b.jpg

Imagine the blue background with a metallic effect, like the silver on the Rank cover.

Last edited:
and Vauxhall And I :
ri4a.jpg

ri4b.jpg

Although the original back image, with the hands on the chest with the '1oz' necklace was perfect in my opinion !!
The picture for the sleeve was already very charismatic, i wouldn't change it too much. But at least a neat version of that pic, not a poorly printed one...

an alternate cover:
ri5a.jpg

Last edited:
This is insanely good! :rock: Professional quality.

I agree. I think I'm not crazy about the title case font though, those dainty serifs are bugging me.

Then you must have really hated the font he used during the Ringleader-era.

ringleader%20of%20the%20tormentors%20promo%20cd.jpg

No, I liked this one. I think because it's in knock out the serifs make sense maybe? They aren't floating by themselves in a field of white which calls for a more substantial font maybe? And they're kerned properly.

HO DAYUUUM, the FONT BITCH IN ME JUS CALLED YOU OUT MUTHA f***A!!!!!!!

I'm kidding. :p I'm channeling my typecase instructor Mary Laporte. She was a BITCH! Nothing could not be improved upon, it was irritating as hell.

Last edited:
ringleader%20of%20the%20tormentors%20promo%20cd.jpg

No, I liked this one. I think because it's in knock out the serifs make sense maybe? They aren't floating by themselves in a field of white which calls for a more substantial font maybe? And they're kerned properly.

HO DAYUUUM, the FONT BITCH IN ME JUS CALLED YOU OUT MUTHA f***A!!!!!!!

I'm kidding. :p I'm channeling my typecase instructor Mary Laporte. She was a BITCH! Nothing could not be improved upon, it was irritating as hell.

If you're gonna serif-serve someone, take that up with Viva because he designed them. I'm sure he'll take criticism well.

Mary sounds like someone who would criticize the facial structure of her own child.

If you're gonna serif-serve someone, take that up with Viva because he designed them. I'm sure he'll take criticism well.

Mary sounds like someone who would criticize the facial structure of her own child.

Nah, she pretty much stuck to package design. But I don't think she had children so there's no telling. She hired me one summer. I got all excited thinking I was going to do some freelaance graphic design, instead I was deadheading her garden. :straightface: AND I had to dig a deeper grave for her donkey that died a few days before and was hastily buried in a shallow grave, the coyotes found it and were eating it's abdomen, guts and flies everyqhere. I show up thinking it was more gardening or maybe a random artistic thing since I was in art school and I'm burying a f***ing donkey. I should write a book.

Richard's typework is excellent, btw. I'd just nudge it here and there. You did the Pshop?

6943464098_93a8ecab6b_b.jpg

7089941253_dfc76fbf14_b.jpg

6943464692_b7a7299843_b.jpg

6943945898_8f80d4235c_o.jpg

Tags
kill uncle art
Back
Top Bottom